Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Doors won't open

Can you please point me to the post where Phil said SP2 in Acceleration and Sp2 standalone were exactly the same? I trust the people that have told me that they are different and I would like to get the facts straight. All I know is there are a bunch of things that work with the standalone that don't work with Acceleration. Here is the main thread that I am basing my information on. I would like to see what Phil said and compare the two. http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=215303When Reggie made this claim, he was confirming something that I always though was true.Reggie's posts are on the last page. Thanks
I read Reggie's post carefully and nothing he said contradicts anything I said. As for any of Phil's old messages, I lack the energy and interest to chase them down, and it really doesn't matter in any case. Believe what you want. I'm not going to debate the issue, now or in the future.Acceleration remains Acceleration and SP2 is as Reggie pointed out, the bug fixes (minus the Acceleration content) pulled out and packaged for free download. There were no changes made between the closing of the bug fix period which was almost 3 months before Acceleration entered beta and the release of the free SP2 download. Aces were moving on to other projects. And I'm moving on to other topics.

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

Despite what you have heard, and despite any number of people making incorrect statements and the agreeing with each other, there is NO difference between versions of SP2. The version in Acceleration is identical to the standalone version. The differences are in the Acceleration addon itself. New features were added to FSX in Acceleration. That has NOTHING to do with SP2. The problem arises when a developer uses an Acceleration feature in their product. It will not necessarily work with SP2. It requires Acceleration.To review:  Acceleration includes SP2. SP2 does not include Acceleration. The difference is Acceleration, NOT SP2.Those are facts, I was there when it was done. Also, Phil Taylor has confirmed this on several occasions in forums and on his blog. (He was there too. in fact, he masterminded it.)You do not have all that FSX offers if you do not have Acceleration.
this makes complete logical sense and it was my belief as well!

Acceleration remains Acceleration and SP2 is as Reggie pointed out, the bug fixes (minus the Acceleration content) pulled out and packaged for free download.
Regardless, I can think of two other cases where SP2 vs. Acceleration made a difference:* The engine start sequence in the Level D 767 causes problems for Acceleration users that SP2 users don't see (engines spool up, down, then up again before lighting up)* In an earlier release of the Realair Duke, when used with the Reality XP GNS, the gps would drive the HSI for Acceleration users but not for SP2 users. (This has since been corrected).This does not necessarily contradict the statement that SP2 is Acceleration minus the added content, but it does show that there can be differences in behavior between the two that is not obviously tied to the extra features of the Acceleration package.

Guest BeaverDriver
In my case it is very inconsistent. The doors used to work; now whenever I open a door, whether through the tool or just by clicking on the pilot door handle itself, it opens but then instantly shuts of its own accord. I have Acceleration.
Check how close you are to a fuel pump. That happens when you park anywhere near a refueling station. That's true of all FSX aircraft.

I just downloaded the product (Sept 1/10) and also can only open the pilot's door while using the SHIFT-4 window. If you click on any other box, OTHER than the pilot's...it highlights the PILOT'S box and opens ONLY that door.This is with the aircraft stone cold.Other than that, LOVE the plane. I read that you have to keep the torque at or near 500 foot-pounds. The real-world pilots are not kidding, lol. Keep it there...and she comes down beautifully. Turbo-Prop sounds are absolutely first rate!Mitch

I have the same problem. I had this same problem with another developers aircraft and it was traced back to me not having the Acceleration add on. The problem was never fixed. I only have SP2. The Caravan looks great, I just cant open any door other than the pilots door. I think this is a great airplane that could be excellent with a service pack addressing the door issue along with the RPM, cruise speed and temp issues that many others have posted about. I know that some have come up with fixes to these problems and have posted them here, but I am a very old guy that is not well versed on how to modify the files inside a program so I would be wise to just leave it alone until a patch is released by Carenado. I have purchased all of their airplanes for both FS9 and FSX and am very happy with them. Hopefully a patch will be released soon for the Caravan. I also want to thank all of you who post on this site. I have learned alot from you and continue to read the posts daily.Mark

Guest 413X3

That door problem sounds like you have an unfriendly default flight saved. I say trash it and create a new one with a default cessna 172

That door problem sounds like you have an unfriendly default flight saved. I say trash it and create a new one with a default cessna 172
It doesn't matter if you load a saved flight or start from scratch, I still can't open the doors!

It doesn't matter if you load a saved flight or start from scratch, I still can't open the doors!
My understanding is that this is a problem, that Carenado knows about. It appears that users of Acceleration can open all of the doors. Users with only SP2 can not. I'm guessing they made the plane using Acceleration.

Hi Everybody,Same issue here, using SP2 without Acceleration pack.I can see the popup windows but whatever button is pressed, only the pilot door open.Same issue with the button showing external items when plane is parked, nothing happen when it is clicked.There are not major bugs, the plane is so great, it is a plaesure ti fly it and to llsten to it as well ! ;) Thanks Carenado Cheers Louis

Despite what you have heard, and despite any number of people making incorrect statements and the agreeing with each other, there is NO difference between versions of SP2. The version in Acceleration is identical to the standalone version. The differences are in the Acceleration addon itself. New features were added to FSX in Acceleration. That has NOTHING to do with SP2. The problem arises when a developer uses an Acceleration feature in their product. It will not necessarily work with SP2. It requires Acceleration.To review: Acceleration includes SP2. SP2 does not include Acceleration. The difference is Acceleration, NOT SP2.Those are facts, I was there when it was done. Also, Phil Taylor has confirmed this on several occasions in forums and on his blog. (He was there too. in fact, he masterminded it.)You do not have all that FSX offers if you do not have Acceleration.
Regardless of what you think you have heard you are wrong. SP2 and Acceleration use completely different versions of simconnect (hardly a content difference). They ARE NOT identical plain and simple. Acceleration uses Simconnect version 10.0.61637.0 and SP2 uses Simconnect version 10.0.61259.0

Regardless of what you think you have heard you are wrong. SP2 and Acceleration use completely different versions of simconnect (hardly a content difference). They ARE NOT identical plain and simple. Acceleration uses Simconnect version 10.0.61637.0 and SP2 uses Simconnect version 10.0.61259.0
Of course the Simconnect versions are different! ACES had to add the additional tokens and keyevents that Acceleration uses to the Simconnect DLL......however, that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this particular point regarding "SP2 standalone" versus "SP2 Acceleration version," which are functionally, content and codewise identical. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Check how close you are to a fuel pump. That happens when you park anywhere near a refueling station. That's true of all FSX aircraft.
Well, all the doors are working again for me - I have Acceleration. It is entirely possible I was next to a fuel station as I usually end my flights that way. I didn't know that was a recurring issue with FSX, thanks.

Of course the Simconnect versions are different! ACES had to add the additional tokens and keyevents that Acceleration uses to the Simconnect DLL......however, that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on this particular point regarding "SP2 standalone" versus "SP2 Acceleration version," which are functionally, content and codewise identical. :(
Then what explains the difference that many have experienced with products in general. Aerosoft just found a problem with their Airbus' climb performance that is only noticed by people without Acceleration. It is very possible that it is not the SP2 version that causes issues but something else with Acceleration. I would truly like to know the answer to be better informed on the subject. In regards to the response I received in a post not quoted above, being dismissive does nothing to further our understanding of this issue - and there is an issue. What it is, I am not sure.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad