Sign in to follow this  
Jim Padgett

Ground Control after landing

That is something we have worked on in V5, still lots of things to solve, reading taxiways, gate assignments are work in progress. In v4.3 I establish the gate I am going to, and then read my airport charts to figure out the route to the gate, requires work but it sure will get you VERY familiar with the airport.Bob

If you have a problem with that, start FSX ATC - do not close RC - not necessary. You will get written orders and then you can turn on progressive taxi option which will guide you where to go.

Tom Link

I've been doing the visual ATC thing, but what I was talking about was that I don't hear any AI instructions from ground.. I could be wrong, but it seems RCv4 simply stops repeating back ground coms after you get the go to the ramp message.If I'm wrong disreguard... but I'll try to pay more attention on my next flight.

Hi.. I'm new to RC and like it a LOT. Also run ASE and VRInsight M Panel. Have noticed that RC will say "taxi to Ramp" when contacting Ground. Many times I end a flight after clearing the runway, but should really print out the airport chart/map and navigate to a GATE.My question is related to enabling default ATC for taxiing in, plus I still get default ATC contacting AI flights while en-route. Others on Usenet have described how to disable default ATC but it still talks. How and where should a RC user set default ATC? and how to re-enable when taxiing in? Have been reading the forum here but haven't found that topic yet.Also I must fly over New Jersey and NYC to get a GOOD dose of AI and listen for RC interacting with them. It's very quiet on RC when it comes to AI.Replies in procedure format would be VERY good. :)) -Gregory

Bob: I had to add the "new" (well active for the past 8 months) 18R-36L RWY at KCLT, to include its taxiways. I updated the "makerunways" file, but I still can't get takeoff clearance on that runway, although I can get landing clearance. If I simply execute a takeoff, I get clearance at about 1,000 ft <grin> The other matter regards the high speed turnoffs after landing. These are properly configured with ADE, but RC identifies them incorrectly as existing taxiways on the old 18R-36L (which is now 18C-36C). I noted in RC that there are Excel files for airports. Can I amend one of these for KCLT to identify this new runway and its taxiways? I have the same issue with taxiways at EDDF (due to the changes made in Areosofts's MegAirport Frankfurt). If you can direct me, I can probably figure it out. I do a lot of correcting of MS's incorrect Military airports using both Google Earth and FAA charts, including updating ILS info. (Jon)Scruffy Duck's ADE is a very good tool for that. Thanks in advance. John

Bob: I had to add the "new" (well active for the past 8 months) 18R-36L RWY at KCLT, to include its taxiways. I updated the "makerunways" file, but I still can't get takeoff clearance on that runway, although I can get landing clearance. If I simply execute a takeoff, I get clearance at about 1,000 ft <grin> The other matter regards the high speed turnoffs after landing. These are properly configured with ADE, but RC identifies them incorrectly as existing taxiways on the old 18R-36L (which is now 18C-36C). I noted in RC that there are Excel files for airports. Can I amend one of these for KCLT to identify this new runway and its taxiways? I have the same issue with taxiways at EDDF (due to the changes made in Areosofts's MegAirport Frankfurt). John
Bob: Sorry about this post regarding takeoff clearance. After reading another post about opening RC data files in Notepad, I found the new runway was in fact saved, so the problem must be in the location of the "start" that MS placed on it after I created it. I will play with it in ADE and see if I can fix it. I still cannot locate how RC's "Ground" determines which taxiway I am on and mis-identifies it, so that I can fix that. If you have a solution, I would be most grateful, as the FS "controller" correctly id's these new taxiways. John

After I contact ground and I get the taxi to ramp message all is silent. Will RC 5 direct you to the gate?
there should still be ai chatter while heading to the gate. as far as turn by turn directions to the gate, that will be in the next versionjd

My question is related to enabling default ATC for taxiing in, plus I still get default ATC contacting AI flights while en-route. Others on Usenet have described how to disable default ATC but it still talks. How and where should a RC user set default ATC? and how to re-enable when taxiing in? Have been reading the forum here but haven't found that topic yet.
The manual says you should turn ATC sound settings down to zero; this will eliminate the default ATC conversations.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

The manual says you should turn ATC sound settings down to zero; this will eliminate the default ATC conversations.John
Thanks for the reply. Have about six RC flights under my belt now, and it's excellent! and very intuitive. The default ATC window is also disabled, so to taxi in, the procedure would be to re-enable ATC window and increase volume? -Gregory

The default ATC window is also disabled, so to taxi in, the procedure would be to re-enable ATC window and increase volume? -Gregory
Gregory, if you have the default ATC sound turned down you can leave the default ATC text window still enabled so you can press the button and bring it up. Then ask for your gate and get the reply purely by text through that window. You can then select "progressive taxi" and follow the line to the gate.Iain Smith