Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ega

Aerosoft?

Does anybody knows any news from Aerosoft? I have been following the development of their AirbusX, but their forum seems to be offline and I can not find any information on the AirbusX.Thanks

It seems their forum is offline because of a DB error... my guess is that it's all the impatient little children screaming for the Airbus release :( Prior to the forum going down, it was getting pretty hostile...the whiners were complaining becuase they didn't release it yesterday (there was a bug in the installer that they had to troubleshoot) but supposedly they are going to release it today. I'm sure that all the over-anxious forum users being logged in to the system at the same time hasn't helped matters any.

It seems their forum is offline because of a DB error... my guess is that it's all the impatient little children screaming for the Airbus release :( Prior to the forum going down, it was getting pretty hostile...
Yes, I agree. I think the forum has been bombarded with traffic, all of them people that await the release of the Airbus X. I didn't see it get very hostile, however. In what way? I only saw many people posting for nothing (stuff like "5... 4... 3... 2... 1...") and generally wasting their time, but I didn't see any real hostility.

Does anybody knows any news from Aerosoft? I have been following the development of their AirbusX, but their forum seems to be offline and I can not find any information on the AirbusX.Thanks
I guess that means it's all about to kick off :( For those that are into Airbus, or even just very nicely done add-ons for that matter, tonight could be a late one! It's certainly a lot of airplane for the money and with very impressive performance in FSX i.e. little or no different to a default airplane on the fps.

I guess that means it's all about to kick off :( For those that are into Airbus, or even just very nicely done add-ons for that matter, tonight could be a late one! It's certainly a lot of airplane for the money and with very impressive performance in FSX i.e. little or no different to a default airplane on the fps.
Well let's see lolcheers,

Yes, I agree. I think the forum has been bombarded with traffic, all of them people that await the release of the Airbus X. I didn't see it get very hostile, however. In what way? I only saw many people posting for nothing (stuff like "5... 4... 3... 2... 1...") and generally wasting their time, but I didn't see any real hostility.
There were people complaining that it was "unprofessional" for Aerosoft not to have released it yesterday and insinuations that it is "buggy" and that they are still de-bugging it.Just the usual rubbish that people spew when they don't get their way!

Well let's see lolcheers,
The second paragraph is fact, but yes, the first is yet to actually happen .

The second paragraph is fact, but yes, the first is yet to actually happen .
Well Paul the forum performance here is better :biggrin:I'm sure that this one will be a success, curious about the frame rates which is relative since it's all done in basic XML ;-)Will check it out myself...

There were people complaining that it was "unprofessional" for Aerosoft not to have released it yesterday and insinuations that it is "buggy" and that they are still de-bugging it.Just the usual rubbish that people spew when they don't get their way!
*sigh*Such things always saddens me. It's incredible hoe some people seem to completely lose focus of priorities and end up coming to a developer and complaining about nothing. It's a growing trend, and it's sad.

There wasn't much of it all. Just the usual 'OMG please, please release it soon as I couldn't sleep last night' sort of stuff. All rather daft of course. But what the heck, if you can't get a bit excited and silly about a new add-on for a computer game, what's the world coming too?! :( I was checking myself for a bit, but then sanity prevailed and I went out to enjoy the sunshine. :( Ian

Take a look at there main site,,,the headlines on there say 31-8 its delayed quote"Sorry gents, we have to solve an issue before releasing. In the final test that are done on machines in the HQ a problem appeared that we knew about but that we thought we had under control. We are now trying to figure out why it reappeared on those machines. As the forum server also has a case of the hiccups that might be not soooo bad (well yes it is but we need some excuse). A bad day in the office. Sorry."Andrew

Having seen what things look liked a week ago, I think these insinuations may not be farfetched.

developers are dammed if they do,,,and dammed if they dont,,,i thought aerosoft were being decent and keeping people informed with possible release dates,,,i`d prefer a more general time scale,,,so that errors on the release day are hid.you visit other delvelopers and you arnt allowed to ask questions on release dates...aerosoft tried it and for some reason people get so wound up,,,refreshing a page by the 2nd,,,or reading things into statements released.Andrew

developers are dammed if they do,,,and dammed if they dont,,,i thought aerosoft were being decent and keeping people informed with possible release dates,,,i`d prefer a more general time scale,,,so that errors on the release day are hid.you visit other delvelopers and you arnt allowed to ask questions on release dates...aerosoft tried it and for some reason people get so wound up,,,refreshing a page by the 2nd,,,or reading things into statements released.Andrew
Spot on. They've kept everyone in the loop pretty much continuously.Ian

Having seen what things look liked a week ago, I think these insinuations may not be farfetched.
Having seen and used the release candidate, I would suggest you're wrong. No doubt time will tell......once they sort out the installer issues.

Having seen and used the release candidate, I would suggest you're wrong. No doubt time will tell......once they sort out the installer issues.
Fair enough. I might be wrong—just the impression I got.

Sigh, delayed again? Oh well, if that's what's necessary to deliver the best package...

I can't not begin to express my disappointment with the behavior of the consumers of payware products. Of the past few years, sensible and constructive criticism (at worst) has been replaced by none stop complaining from a warped perspective of entitlement. Reputable developers would spend thousands of hours developing products for the niche market that exists here only to get repeatedly slapped around. It's depressing. Have some respect, they have no obligation to release anything to the complainers. They are being transparent. We all know if they decided to release just to hit the superficial deadline that those who complain would complain just as much if they were inconvenienced by a minor bug. As one poster said, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Guest 413X3

Go buy the Carenado Caravan and tweak it following the guide in the Carenado Caravan forum here, and enjoy until the Airbus is released! IMO no quality FMC no sale, so I'm waiting for the PMDG 737NG

Go buy the Carenado Caravan and tweak it following the guide in the Carenado Caravan forum here, and enjoy until the Airbus is released! IMO no quality FMC no sale, so I'm waiting for the PMDG 737NG
Or Mafia 2 :( Wow, what a game.

Or Mafia 2 Big Grin.gif Wow, what a game.
I have been thinking of buying it, but it's still very expensive. I think I'll wait for the next steam sale :(

Or Mafia 2 :( Wow, what a game.
I've finished it 2 times already on medium and hard, the DLC is out on the 7th Sep :)