Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest morpheous

monitor recommendation

Guest morpheous

Does anyone have or can anyone recommend a good 24" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution? Seems like all manufacturers are going with 1920x1080p these days but I find the extra height resolution to be helpful.thanksjim v

Does anyone have or can anyone recommend a good 24" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution? Seems like all manufacturers are going with 1920x1080p these days but I find the extra height resolution to be helpful.thanksjim v
Forget about it Jim.  Get a 46"-48" current generation Flat Panel TV.  I prefer the LG 47" 8500 with zonal back lighting.  Pretty weird to watch  :Batting Eyelashes: in night scenes but the black level (30 MILLION TO 1) is great.jja

I have an HP W2408 24" widescreen and run FS at 1920 X 1200 and am very satisfied. It also has built in light sensing so it automatically adjust the brightness. Don't know if they still make this unit or not, but if you can find it, it would satisfy your requirements. HDMI, USB ports, and numerous adjustments.

Hi,I have a 28" Hanns-G monitor (HG281D) at 1920x1200 and a 23" LG Flatron LED (E2350V) running at 1920x1080 as a secondary monitor. I've played FSX with both of them and the 28" won hands down just for the size. The Hanns-G monitor is pretty cheap, around $340, and I've been using it for around 2 years...System Specs:Intel 980x @ 4.1GHz - 2 x XFX HD 5870 - Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer - Asus Essence STX - Logitech G940 - Logitech Z-5500

Guest morpheous

Interesting suggestions, I should add that the reason I'm looking for that size is that I'm running nvidia surround (3 monitors) for maximum field of view. I find that running the monitors in portrait mode gives me the best viewing angle of instruments and outside view while running in virtual cockpit mode. So I was thinking that 3 monitors at 1920X1200 gives me a surround resolution of 3600X1920 (plus bezel width) That to me would mean I could run the J41 in VC mode and not have to pan up or down to see controls and the runway while looking out the front view. I would need to zoom out to around .5 or .6 but looks good on my current three 1680X1040 monitors in portrait so I think it will be that much better with 1200 resolution width X3. Thats the problem with the current 24" 1920x1080 monitors, they only give you 40 pixels more height or "view" then my current 19" monitor at 1680x1040. I would love to find a great monitor with 1920x1200 resolution and the thinest bezel all around the monitor. I find that some only have thin bezels on the sides but thicker on the bottom which kills the idea of running three side by each in portrait mode.Jim V

Interesting suggestions, I should add that the reason I'm looking for that size is that I'm running nvidia surround (3 monitors) for maximum field of view. I find that running the monitors in portrait mode gives me the best viewing angle of instruments and outside view while running in virtual cockpit mode. So I was thinking that 3 monitors at 1920X1200 gives me a surround resolution of 3600X1920 (plus bezel width) That to me would mean I could run the J41 in VC mode and not have to pan up or down to see controls and the runway while looking out the front view. I would need to zoom out to around .5 or .6 but looks good on my current three 1680X1040 monitors in portrait so I think it will be that much better with 1200 resolution width X3. Thats the problem with the current 24" 1920x1080 monitors, they only give you 40 pixels more height or "view" then my current 19" monitor at 1680x1040. I would love to find a great monitor with 1920x1200 resolution and the thinest bezel all around the monitor. I find that some only have thin bezels on the sides but thicker on the bottom which kills the idea of running three side by each in portrait mode.Jim V
I realize that you are looking for a thin bezel monitor, but I would highly reccommend the DELL u2410. Its one of the highest rated monitors out there, and it BLOWS AWAY any other monitor. I looked at all of the top of the line LCD, LED monitors. Its fully adjustable and has the latest technology panel. When looking at it side by side with my 24'". I am very picky and when I take pictures of stuff on my screen, I have had two people comment on its clarity.

Not to change the subject too far, but we are entering the timeframe of bargain doorbuster prices (loss leaders). The idea is to get something less than you really want but 3 of them on sale to good to pass up.I jummped for some 24" 1920x1080 VW246H ASUS last week for $85 from Kmart (same company as Sears) it posted 11:40 PM PDT, sold out two hours later after I got mine. My strategy was: Temporary email address registered at all the sale places (Kmart/Sears, Target, BestBuy, Tiger Direct,) etc. to field all the holliday offers quickly before sellout, later on delete mailbox to avoid future spam.

Guest morpheous

that does look cool, love the IPS panels.Jim V

I realize that you are looking for a thin bezel monitor, but I would highly reccommend the DELL u2410. Its one of the highest rated monitors out there, and it BLOWS AWAY any other monitor. I looked at all of the top of the line LCD, LED monitors. Its fully adjustable and has the latest technology panel. When looking at it side by side with my 24'". I am very picky and when I take pictures of stuff on my screen, I have had two people comment on its clarity.

Fielder, that is a great idea and you really got a great bargain. Tell me, when you sign up for these are they somewhat "push technology"? By that I mean you go to each site, select (for example) monitors and then whenever there is a bargain, close-out or whatever you get an email? Or do you just have to go to each site on occassion and check the stuff out?thx,Clutch

HP ZR24WNEC 2490WUXI.I have these fantastic displays. IPS technology.Loo kere for displays reviews:http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/http://www.prad.de/en/index.htmlBest.Miquel.