Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

What I would like to see in a good "failure" module, are just not only failures, but also that airplane state is autmatically "saved" (or recognized).Means you will find your airplane in the same state and same amount of fuel as you have left it.Of course, I know that is possible with FSX save-a-flight, but then you always got the plane at the last airport, you have to load the current airport where you will today start from, wheater etc...This implements you have to take care about how you leave your plane, e.g. in a complete cold and dark state...VRS F18 and A2A B17 has this kind of this features what I find fantastic!For the failures you can implement a kind of several MTBF rates: 100% like in real life and then 50% or 25% wearing rate.Also birdstrikes are very welcome :( --- end of my wishlist ---we'll see what comes. Looking forward to it!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, looks like we need to start studying for our ATPL before we get this bird!

eventually see individual airframes being tracked or flight hours, cycles, abuse, etc.
thanks for the quick reply. that was what I wanted but not expected to hear, hope it'll make it into the NGX sooner or at least later (if the latter helps to release the NGX sooner :( )Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I don't know if it is the case, but is something similar to this implemented in a 737NG?2yuhtzq.jpgbest regards,toby

precisely what we've been wanting in a sim for years, thanks Robert!

Noah Bryant

Toby - there are no cameras on the 737NG - those are there on some of the very long airliners like the A340-600, A380, 777-300 etc to help with turning the aircraft while taxiing, since they have such a long distance between the cockpit and the main gear. I'm sure we'll look at how to implement it when we do the 777-300.

What I would like to see in a good "failure" module, are just not only failures, but also that airplane state is autmatically "saved" (or recognized).Means you will find your airplane in the same state and same amount of fuel as you have left it.Of course, I know that is possible with FSX save-a-flight, but then you always got the plane at the last airport, you have to load the current airport where you will today start from, wheater etc...This implements you have to take care about how you leave your plane, e.g. in a complete cold and dark state...VRS F18 and A2A B17 has this kind of this features what I find fantastic!For the failures you can implement a kind of several MTBF rates: 100% like in real life and then 50% or 25% wearing rate.Also birdstrikes are very welcome :( --- end of my wishlist ---we'll see what comes. Looking forward to it!
The state saving is pretty much exactly what we have in mind, only taken a step further. (I'll let you ponder what further could be until RSR's post on it!)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't know if it is the case, but is something similar to this implemented in a 737NG?2yuhtzq.jpgbest regards,toby
No, there isn't any camera system for external use on the NG's unless customers retro fit for IFE purposes. The only camera system would be for cockpit entry/security.

Alaister Kay

Toby - there are no cameras on the 737NG - those are there on some of the very long airliners like the A340-600, A380, 777-300 etc to help with turning the aircraft while taxiing, since they have such a long distance between the cockpit and the main gear. I'm sure we'll look at how to implement it when we do the 777-300.The state saving is pretty much exactly what we have in mind, only taken a step further. (I'll let you ponder what further could be until RSR's post on it!)
Thank you for this info, Ryan. Didn't know that but nonetheless, it's reaseonable.best regards,toby

Is there a chance you can make stairs for the NGX, for airports that don't have jetways? It would be cool if you could request a stair from the CDU or rampmanager, and it will be placed outside by the door of the plane, both front and/or back.

Stian Beinset

ENML

Is there a chance you can make stairs for the NGX, for airports that don't have jetways? It would be cool if you could request a stair from the CDU or rampmanager, and it will be placed outside by the door of the plane, both front and/or back.
I remember those classic 737 that came with stairs deployed by the airplane. It was really amazing stuff.

Am I the only one who can't view the PFD image?I can see the thumbnail, but when I click on it, the image loading screen just stays on forever.

Am I the only one who can't view the PFD image?I can see the thumbnail, but when I click on it, the image loading screen just stays on forever.
I think there's a problem because I was able to view the images until yesterday and now they don't load for me either :(

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

The state saving is pretty much exactly what we have in mind, only taken a step further. (I'll let you ponder what further could be until RSR's post on it!)
nooooooooooo, you've stolen my idea!!! :( seriously: brilliant! thanks for answering.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I think there's a problem because I was able to view the images until yesterday and now they don't load for me either :(
Same down here... :(

I fly pretty much 100% using the VC (and Track IR) however, having tested the Ariane 737 which doesn't have 2D screens, it was so difficult to use the overhead column (esp the IRS alignment buttons) plus anything else. I'm assuming you guys will be replicating the overhead panel and radio panels in 2D just like in the B744X?
That's an interesting question for the Track IR guys. If you have to look up to see the overhead, and then look at the screen and then use the mouse to click on the button you want, is that kind of of hard, especially the "look up and forward at the same time" part?