Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

I would not consider it a "lite" product at all... Maybe a product without a failure module... but lite by no means...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Well, that is why I put lite in quotation marks.. I really was not sure how else to put it. By far I am very happy with it, but it is lite by PMDG standards. It definately took me awhile to quit burning up engines.

Guest acezboy561
LOL.gif:(LOL.gif:lol:Awesome Pics Robert, release seems closer by the day now :D

Ok what am i doing wrong as i cant open these pics. I have been able to open all the other pics in the forum but not these. all i get is what seems like its searching for the pics. Thanks for any help.

I remember reading that the reason the NGX took so long to develop is because PMDG decided to build it from the ground up for FSX and invest time/resources/energy into the next generation so to speak. So does that mean then...that the work has substantially been done on this next generation (which will produce the NGX) but also infers that the ground work (system-wise anyway) for the 777 has already been done? (which could mean that development/completion of the 777 should be shorter than the NGX) - I'm hoping anyway. I'm wondering if this next generation can be 'ported' (for want of a better word) or diverted to be utilised in the A320 that PMDG said they were going to build. I guess I'm just thinking out loud on this point. If it is, that would be awesome...just the thought of having the following released in quick succession:1. NGX2. Dash 83. 7774. A3205. A330/A340 (here's hoping).:)

Hey Ryan I don't want to sound eager but can I please pay a copy of the NGX and the printed manuals now? Pretty please. Will be buying no matter how long it takes to release. And time value of money says that it's better to get paid now rather than later (if this helps convince you ;) )Mike Kendall

Robert, this sounds great. Please tell us more about this new and improved failure model.
I am interested in this, too. Did never really like the failure systems in (almost?) all aircraft where you have to set some failures before flight which will then occur at some point later. And completely random failures are also not my favorite. Rather something depending on a/c usage/handling, e.g. vertical speed at touchdown, overspeed or turbulences, wrong flaps setting or just hours flown without maintenance check (similiar to FSPassengers).Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Gents-I'll give you a very detailed overview of the failure model in a future update.To give you a teaser though, (since that seems to be our theme for the week!) the failure model will be driven out of the FMS, and will give you a level of failures control that is extremely comprehensive.There is a chance that some of the planned functionality for it will be provided in a free update post-release, as we are looking at a process of evolution that will eventually see individual airframes being tracked or flight hours, cycles, abuse, etc.One really neat aspect of the new failures module is that you will wind up learning some new industry jargon, such as "Mean Time Before Failure" as we are working with the industry to collect data on the frequency of various failures, etc. Anyway- we'll tell you more and give you a demo in a future update.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

RobertWOW "planned functionality". With this you mean as the more cycles we go through with the A/C the higher the chances that something may break?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Hey everyone this is a rather dumb question.. But can someone point me out to the FSX.cfg location in the folder... I'm pretty sure is C:/ programfiles(86) / microsoft games / FSX ???? after that im lost i cant find it.....Geoncarlos Colon

Guest boeingngx
Hmmm, not anymore. I thought that's what I read once but now I sit scratching my chin. :(
there will be a 2 panle! like in all the other pmdg planes!

Did you even notice that the newer style Collins MCP is in the screenshot we posted? That's the default now, but yes the old orange one is there too.
Yep I did :- )But will the digts on the COMM for example, also be white? :)

Oh dear, mean time between failures.... Does that mean we get an engine failure after 6 years Robert? Just joking, I'm sure failures will be used by 1% of simmers but it does add a dimension to flying, Ill bet I have a failure when off the flight deck for a call of nature lol.John Ellison