Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

5300 view, in like less then 24 hours.....pretty slick.\Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guest NGstick

This is the first time i see this. Awesome work PMDG. If there are any paints to be done feel free to mail me.Boy van de Laarboyvandelaar@europe.com

Will you all have a vnav option on the cdu? (rather than clb,crz,des--buttonwise) Like the option that AA chose for their 738s?

For those of you that might be unfamiliar with some of the newer landing procedures, here is a link for the 737 NG.http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_22/737approach.pdf :(

Guest Cag40Navy

Awesome job RSR and Team!

Hi,Great Job!Could you tell us if there will be an option for the all in one digital stand by gauge in 2D/3D cockpit?Thamk you,Dani

Oh yes, and the 748 model with a 744 panel, is very "realistic".
I dont know much about 747's or 748's, but is the difference between the VC and panel much different in the 748 than in the 744?I've noticed than people who want to nitpick PMDG for whatever reason always use that argument about the 748. I guess that's a testament to how good PMDG's offerings are though if that's the only thing the nay sayers can find to complain about is the 748 or LCF and its panel or flight dynamics.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Great Job!Could you tell us if there will be an option for the all in one digital stand by gauge in 2D/3D cockpit?Thamk you,Dani
There is! The ISFD.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

The 747-8's cockpit is nearly identical to an LCD 400 - it added EFBs like the 777, that's about it. The idea that there's some grievous error in using a 400 panel with it is BS.7478a-300x195.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There is! The ISFD.
this is totally irrelevant to this post but every time I see someone use an exclamation point for little sentences, I think of Elaine in Seinfeld complaining about how people don't use the "!" in the right way. I always hear her voice saying whatever someone typed or wrote with that huge fluctuation in her voice. :( :( :( B) On a note about the 737. I had quite a bit of time around and in the ERJ 145 cockpits and in the sims. I can truthfully say that you guys have captured the depth and space...or lack there of..hehe... in this product. I know that the ERJ isn't the 737 lol but a lot of developers make it seem like cockpits are bigger than they really are in their real life counter parts.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Ryan I asked this before but I think it got lost in that monster thread but rain/snow effects on the windshield? I didn't really notice any fps impact when you guys added them to the JS41, just curious.

The 747-8's cockpit is nearly identical to an LCD 400 - it added EFBs like the 777, that's about it. The idea that there's some grievous error in using a 400 panel with it is BS.
I figured as much. I would also bet that if it was way different you guys would have either not released the extra models or would have included new panels with them since you guys are sticklers or detail. I still dont understand why some use that as something to complain about.Sean Cmapbell

I have seen som pics of newer NG's with BLUE digits on the Rockwell Collins MCP on airliners.net. Can't post them here because of copyright and forum rules though.Does anyone know this for sure?Is there a White digit version and a blue digit version of the Collins MCP??? Or is it because of light an exposure when the photo was taken that the white light looks blue?

Ryan I asked this before but I think it got lost in that monster thread but rain/snow effects on the windshield? I didn't really notice any fps impact when you guys added them to the JS41, just curious.
LOL, I've asked a few times myself and even posted a youtube video of a real 737 on approach showing that the rain is visible during approach speeds. I hope they include them as well or at least give the option to turn it on or off. I can live without the ice effects though. I would also say that if they do include VC rain it would be cool if they could somehow use the FS9 style VC rain effects rather than the ones they used in the JS41. For some reason the JS41's rain doesn't look or move as well as the FS9 style effects do in my opinion. However they're still better than none.Sean Campbell