Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

so we've just uploaded a higher resolution version.
Vin, as a follow-up what we need now is a similar 1-min video but skip the HUD altogether and show the rest of the instrumentation hardware. :(

McCarter- I gotta tell you after reading and trying to figure out what "Highly the exit of the NGX !"- means...I decided it may be you who needs a beta test :-DCheers!

Peter Osborn

McCarter- I gotta tell you after reading and trying to figure out what "Highly the exit of the NGX !"- means...I decided it may be you who needs a beta test :-DCheers!
lol

Once the "donut" is in, I would really wanna see the thing in action. Perhaps even post it in this thread? A landing would be awesome!

Gee, thanks for the recent comparison between screenshots and this new HD video, Vin.Personally, I think these small, unplanned updates are a relief for us thirsty pilots.One other thing. Now that the majority of us know what the VC looks like and what the HUD looks like, can we get into the serious updates with regards to the systems and exterior model? Would love to see a video of this thing executing an RNP approach into a valley somewhere remote.

Erik L.

Have you seen what the guys at VRS did on the FSX Rhino? It's pretty nifty stuff.
Wow, I didn't even know the VRS had that... that's really cool. Hmm...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That night vision the VRS has is really cool. I love how the water glows.

Yes the NV in the VRS is very cool. I got the FSX version as soon as it was out hehe. Its a pity you cant actualy shoot stuff though. There is a Tacpac coming soon that will make SAM sites physical so they can be blown up by your missiles and also Air fuel tankers that can be called up in the same way you can create carriers with AICARRIERS program.They did a fantastic job with this Aircraft. Andrew Simmons

guys is Airplane 2 any good?I havent seen it, but i have seen the first one many times.looks like the shits going to hit the fan
Check out this great deal from Play.com, Airplane 1 & 2 for £5.00! Bargain!http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6128035/Airplane-Airplane-2-The-Sequel-Double-Pack/Product.html?searchstring=airplane&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search6128035x.jpgThinking about that picture, I wonder if Captain Sim would consider releasing a model of their 707 with a big knot in it?!! :(

Gee, thanks for the recent comparison between screenshots and this new HD video, Vin.Personally, I think these small, unplanned updates are a relief for us thirsty pilots.One other thing. Now that the majority of us know what the VC looks like and what the HUD looks like, can we get into the serious updates with regards to the systems and exterior model? Would love to see a video of this thing executing an RNP approach into a valley somewhere remote.
Same here, but I have second toughs weather this will be implemented. In none of the screenshots RNP/ANP indications and deviation markers show on the PFD/ND. All of them should be showing all the time as there is no way to turn them off. Hopefully they are almost done but not yet added to the alpha code.

Yes the NV in the VRS is very cool. I got the FSX version as soon as it was out hehe. Its a pity you cant actualy shoot stuff though. There is a Tacpac coming soon that will make SAM sites physical so they can be blown up by your missiles and also Air fuel tankers that can be called up in the same way you can create carriers with AICARRIERS program.They did a fantastic job with this Aircraft. I've not long had the VRS F-18. Superb aircraft but what a slippery little S.O.B to land!!!Already smashed up a few million dollars worth :(

Have you seen what the guys at VRS did on the FSX Rhino? It's pretty nifty stuff.
No doubt, VRS gets the trophy for most innovative and now trend setting. Fora small team, they sure know how to make the special sauce.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

You can shoot stuff with VRS F/A-18E for FSX, but the problem is it doesn't disappear from the game. It does in fact disappear from the aircrafts radar screen though as if it had blown up. It is very cool to load up some AIM missles, and fly around launching them at stuff. The TAC Pack is supposed to enable air to air combat between other VRS F/A-18's though, and they are also working on making the air traffic planes disappear once hit as well.. There are a lot of cool features packed into the bird. Especially at the price range it is in. I like running away from the randomly generated SAM sites. On a side note this is all we have been able to do at our level as well. Albeit it was by accident, but cool none the less. Is usless to me though because our FLIR needs to be on a turret, and project to a screen instead of just amplifying what is in front of the eyepoint. Still looking at reverse engineering whatever it is in our code for our Cessna 310 lighting that caused it. Is something tied into the 3D lighting effects though.To reply to the above the bird is not very difficult to land. Takes some getting used to, but it is all about modulating the throttle not the cyclic. You can very easily control your glide path by using the throttle (follow the cues to the left of the HUD). Slick you should be between 129-132 knots at about 700FPM coming down. Perfect touch down every time guaranteed as long as you intercept the glide slope at the appropriate point as per approach plates (www.airnav.com).

B737 can be one of the "737 series" but it can be also a "737 700." In this case you read 738 and that means "737 800." :(
737 means 737. If you want to use a shorthand for the 737-700, you would write 73G, for obvious reasons, and to avoid the pointed out conflict.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/