Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

They stated multiple times that the performance is similair or better as the MD11.The MD11 works fine with a stock i7 920, 6gb ram and a GTX275. So don't worry too much about it if you ask me...Second thing, PMDG is not going to release a product that isn't working on a normal FSX pc.And I almost forgot, hardware prices tend to drop in januari, so why don't you just wait for the NGX and buy new hardware when you're not happy with the performance?Dion Mollert

So Ryan with the GTX 260 your getting 30-40FPS with the NGX, is that with add ons? If so the GTX 470 or GTX 480 will do me perfectly fine no need wasting extra money now, and if im correct FSX is more CPU dependant than GPU right?
Yes - that's GEX, UTX, REX2, and UT2 at KPHX Runway 26. Heavy clouds knocks it down some, but that's always happened. Yes, FSX is more CPU dependent, but it's possible to bring the GPU a bit more into it now with the advent of the RejectThreshold=x or UsePools=0 stuff (*******'s tweaks).
Well I know this topic gets discussed on a regular basis here so excuse me asking again, but would you say even a 1gig 260 would be sufficient? I was thinking about a 460 but I'm on a really low budget if at all. And I'm coming from a 256 meg 7900GS, so it would be a step forward either way I believe. Plus I don't need it for any game titles.
I don't think there's much of a point in buying a 260 now - the 460 replaced it and those are under $200 now. I think 896MB was as high as the 260 ever went on the RAM. There was an online deal yesterday on a GTX460 768MB model for $90 even, pretty insane. The 460 1GB is the one you want though, the NGX's textures are pretty huge in their full quality - if you're running a lot of scenery stuff along with it it can get pretty close to 1GB.But what do I know at this point though - I'm so freaking upset I couldn't figure out what was going on with the 570...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes - that's GEX, UTX, REX2, and UT2 at KPHX Runway 26. Heavy clouds knocks it down some, but that's always happened. Yes, FSX is more CPU dependent, but it's possible to bring the GPU a bit more into it now with the advent of the RejectThreshold=x or UsePools=0 stuff (*******'s tweaks).I don't think there's much of a point in buying a 260 now - the 460 replaced it and those are under $200 now. I think 896MB was as high as the 260 ever went on the RAM. There was an online deal yesterday on a GTX460 768MB model for $90 even, pretty insane. The 460 1GB is the one you want though, the NGX's textures are pretty huge in their full quality - if you're running a lot of scenery stuff along with it it can get pretty close to 1GB.But what do I know at this point though - I'm so freaking upset I couldn't figure out what was going on with the 570...
I'f you're getting such good performance with GTX 260 why not just keep it or just upgrade to the GTX 480? Also I've look online and seen some people having problems with the GTX 400 series cars and the GTX 500's with FSX too, they were saying its FSX not the GPU like you said.

I'f you're getting such good performance with GTX 260 why not just keep it or just upgrade to the GTX 480?
Mainly because I'm a gamer outside of FS too and I want to be able to play some of the more recent stuff, which the 570 absolutely destroys the 260 in.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mainly because I'm a gamer outside of FS too and I want to be able to play some of the more recent stuff, which the 570 absolutely destroys the 260 in.
Whats you take on getting an ATI 5970 for your system? I'm really debating with myself over these 2 cards the GTX 480 or the GTX 570, i just hope i don't get the same issue your having with GTX 570 if i get it, but from the way you make it sound the 570 sounds like the right way to considering the NGX textures takes up almost 1GB.

The NGX textures don't take up 1GB (I can see the outrage posts already haha) - I'm saying that a fully maxed out FSX running high end scenery like ORBX, FlyTampa, FSDT, UTX, REX, lots of AI traffic, plus a high screen resolution and high AA setting PLUS running the NGX at it's max texture resolution on top of all of that can see it inch close to 1GB of *total* usage for the sim as a whole. If you're not running all of those addons or using the highest texture quality, it's not going to be anywhere close to that.I'd actually be pretty interested to see if someone else sees this low performance in FSX with the 570 too. I haven't seen anyone else here on Avsim get one yet, I was the guinea pig with it - ordered it the second they went on sale at newegg on release day. I am tossing around the idea of swapping for the new Radeon 6970 and seeing if there's any difference. I don't like AMD/ATI's AA options though - back when I had a 4870, the Adaptive AA (their name for transparency AA) didn't work in FS and there was no way to eliminate the shimmering like you can on an Nvidia card with the 8xS-type modes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Since we're on the subject of graphics cards, I have a question as well.I'm still running an Nvidia 8800GTX (768Mb), will this be sufficient to run the NGX? I am planning to build a new rig, but I need some time to save up for it. My plan was to wait till next winter or so... I hope things will run on my current rig till then.Q9450 - 2.66 running at 3.4GHz (around 60 Celsius with after market air cooler)8Gb Kingston HyperX memory780i mobo7200 RPM dedicated hdd for FSXAnd as stated above the 8800GTXSo.. do you think I will be ok till next x-mas?

Is a GTX 285 sufficient? With three monitor display now...

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Is a GTX 285 sufficient? With three monitor display now...
Im personally running a GTX285 (1 monitor running at 2048 x 1536) and get very good performance with an i7 920 oced to 3.4ghz on Vista 64.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I just updated my drivers on my 260 and I am seeing a three to five FPS increase. Its a great card. Hopefully she will live a long life.

Peter Osborn

I just got a GTX 460 for Christmas. I will be putting my 260 to rest. I am expecting big gains in my other games but marginal in FSX. Anybody care to comment on the performance of their 460?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

What I don't understand is that it seems like the 480gtx is the same as 580gtx, but why is there such a big difference in fps? The 570gtx even has more, but it technically a lesser card...

I just got a GTX 460 for Christmas. I will be putting my 260 to rest. I am expecting big gains in my other games but marginal in FSX. Anybody care to comment on the performance of their 460?
I got a GTX 460 2 weeks ago. Before that I had a 9800GT.With the 9800GT many black vertical lines in FSX, with the GTX460 those lines are history.I have now about ~4/5fps more then I had before.Other games are running very well on the card (FS2004 much more better)I am happy with the card. It was worth the €200,-FSX is just so beautiful, here a screenshot (no edit, straight from FSX) with a fps between 30 and 4020101225162228866.pngI hope my system will be running the NGX fine: Q9550 2,8Ghz, 4GB RAM, Geforce GTX460But then again, the MD11 is running fine, the 737NGX shouldn't be a problem

Huh, what happened to your textures there? Looks almost as bad as on my machine LOL :( but your reflections look great! Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

Huh, what happened to your textures there? Looks almost as bad as on my machine LOL :( but your reflections look great! Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif
No thats the scenery (NL2000 EHBK Maastricht airport)They have those wite aerias on the airport :(