Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Already did it - it was KPHX-KTUS like always for me. tongue.gif
Hi Ryan,Lucky ######:) lolI was transferred to Phoenix after graduation from U of H in Houston hence my 'northcentral' screen name on avsim. Lived on North Central Ave before getting trans to LA.Funny enough that is where my first flight would be to and from too. Love flying over AZ. I just wanted to point out that layering Megascenery Phoenix over the entire state of AZ from Mega Scenery Earth looks AWSOME btw. I added the Megascenery earth titles one by done downloading gb by gb here in the UK (now have over 250 gigs of the stuff) and never looked back, changed my flying enironment in California and AZ forever and thats where I do all my flying!! Worth to despite some of the reviews from megascenery earth. I hate autogen though so photorealistic is the way to go for me:)Looking forward to the NGX in some Southwest colors with my new system:)Cheers guys; keep up the good work!Simon

Simon

Already did it - it was KPHX-KTUS like always for me. tongue.gif
Hey Ryan, that's great news. It means this bird is up and flying. Don't suppose you took any snaps during your flight that you are able to share. :)Bruce Campion-Smith

Hey Ryan, that's great news. It means this bird is up and flying. Don't suppose you took any snaps during your flight that you are able to share. :)Bruce Campion-Smith
Its been up and flying for most of 2010 i think ;),, not to full potential, but in one way or another

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Ryan, do you know if there's a scenery for KPHX in FSX? Went there two times with Lufthansa for vacation. Really beautiful airport.
No, no one's made a KPHX addon yet. I'm gonna do my best to convince John and the Orbx crew to do it when they finally get down this way with their FTX regions. (I can get them whatever photo sourcing they need etc) Tucson would be great too, that's a little airport with tons of character.Really unfortunate that both places are in the news for all the wrong reasons right now...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I will be doing the same flight I did for the 744 when I picked her up. Will fly my A2A Accu-sim B-17G to KPAE to accept the aircraft. Do an intro functional check flight around KPAE testing aircraft systems and all. Once done with the acceptance I will fly her home to KVQQ, and catch a commercial ride back to KPAE to get my B-17. From there not sure. Think I will want to take my brand new BBJ on vacation to St. Marteen or somewhere in that neighborhood. Of course Ryan already did his flight though. I would expect nothing less. I know I have flown the daylights out of all of our own aircraft before they ever come out. Part of the fun of being a dev.

Is there an easy way to place specific planes at airport parking spots?After installing the NGX, I wouldnt mind placing one at a parking spot at PAE (outside FSX), then fly into PAE with the NGX waiting there after i landed...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

No, no one's made a KPHX addon yet. I'm gonna do my best to convince John and the Orbx crew to do it when they finally get down this way with their FTX regions. (I can get them whatever photo sourcing they need etc) Tucson would be great too, that's a little airport with tons of character.Really unfortunate that both places are in the news for all the wrong reasons right now...
That sure would be great. I love flying into Phoenix and it really needs a high quality airport. I love dawn/dusk arrivals/departures in the dessert. I fly to Vegas all the time because of FS Dreamteam's awesome KLAS. Having ORBX "paint" the dessert would be great. Heck I wish ORBX would do the entire US for that matter! I also have YBBN, YMML and YBCS and I love everyone of those airports.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have a question in regards to the realism factor for the NGX, and a request. I noticed that the PMDG heavies have a great implementation of the hydraulic systems (and their impact on the state of the control surfaces when they are off before the system is powered on, like drooping ailerons/offset rudder in the 747). Is it possible to code in a feature for the parking brake to not work until the hydraulics are powered during startup? I'm not sure how it works on the real plane, but if the hydraulics are off and the brake indicator in the cockpit states they are off when the brake pressure gauge states "brake source", should the parking brake still work? Or is this a limitation of FSX? If implemented, it would be one more small touch of real world fidelity that keeps the user on their toes, or on the invisible chocks until the aircraft systems say they are ready :wink:My request is about using keyboard entry of scratchpad data in the FMC. In PMDG planes, when the FMC is in keyboard mode to capture keystrokes, it ignores input via the numeric keypad. I can use the numeric keys above the letters, but it is cumbersome to use. I use the keyboard to input enroute winds, and would find it much easier to do this via the numeric keypad vs the other method. I have noticed that the keypad can be used in other addons, but not in PMDG products, and I'm sure many would appreciate having this ability in the NGX.Thanks!

I noticed that the PMDG heavies have a great implementation of the hydraulic systems (and their impact on the state of the control surfaces when they are off before the system is powered on, like drooping ailerons/offset rudder in the 747). Is it possible to code in a feature for the parking brake to not work until the hydraulics are powered during startup? I'm not sure how it works on the real plane, but if the hydraulics are off and the brake indicator in the cockpit states they are off when the brake pressure gauge states "brake source", should the parking brake still work? Or is this a limitation of FSX? If implemented, it would be one more small touch of real world fidelity that keeps the user on their toes, or on the invisible chocks until the aircraft systems say they are ready :(
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the parking brakes don't work in the md-11 unless the engines or the aux pump is powering the hydraulics sys. So, it definutly seems possible, as well as probable as it was implemented in their md-11. Also, +1 to numpad use w/ mcdu!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the parking brakes don't work in the md-11 unless the engines or the aux pump is powering the hydraulics sys. So, it definutly seems possible, as well as probable as it was implemented in their md-11. Also, +1 to numpad use w/ mcdu!
I was referring to the 747, but I'm sure its possible with the MD-11, just haven't flown it for a while or remember noticing it. If that is true, that bodes well for the NGX! I love how the MD11 has so many of those under the hood realism features (like the cold fuel temperature causing engines to shut down at high altitude if the wrong grade of fuel is used) that reward the user for following proper real life procedures. I believe PMDG said they will put in code for the NGX to improve ground friction during braking on touchdown, and using rocket science like coding for the physics of hydraulic systems, etc... I am looking forward to having this kind of fidelity that will make tubeliner flying in FSX so much more meaningful.

It was on FSDT's short list for their next one but it lost out (on user vote) to KLAX, which frankly is one they should do before KPHX.

It was on FSDT's short list for their next one but it lost out (on user vote) to KLAX, which frankly is one they should do before KPHX.
Yes, and I agree with the decision. LAX is a large airport with a ton of traffic and great aircraft (I live close enough to see the aircraft on the Northwest parking area). I am originally from Phoenix, AZ so it would be great to have it done too, and would make for a nice little "triangle" of FSDT airports (KLAS, KLAX, KPHX).

Ryan,If the ORBX crew are doing PHX and TUS, maybe I can get them some pictures of Love Field (KPRC) in Prescott. Everyone flies over the DRAKE VOR anyways when heading to Vegas or anywhere important. If you convince the Orbx crew to tackle all of Arizona, let me know and I can get some shots of the area.What I'd really love to see done is the meteor crater east of Flagstaff. Amazing place.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I will be doing the same flight I did for the 744 when I picked her up. Will fly my A2A Accu-sim B-17G to KPAE to accept the aircraft. Do an intro functional check flight around KPAE testing aircraft systems and all. Once done with the acceptance I will fly her home to KVQQ, and catch a commercial ride back to KPAE to get my B-17. From there not sure. Think I will want to take my brand new BBJ on vacation to St. Marteen or somewhere in that neighborhood. Of course Ryan already did his flight though. I would expect nothing less. I know I have flown the daylights out of all of our own aircraft before they ever come out. Part of the fun of being a dev.
Hey Steve, Why don't you fly your new excellent C-310?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I have a question in regards to the realism factor for the NGX, and a request.
sorry, a request? now? oh no, please no requests at this point in time where everybody is waiting for the release :( phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"