Sign in to follow this  
Efussander

In-Depth Review of NGX Manuals

Just one question.Are these same manuals going to be available in PDF format to download once the NGX is released or included in the DVD in the boxed version?Thanks.Vinod.

if you install the 737NGX it will also install them as pdf, but you cant get them without installing it first ...so if you want to print them yourself you can, if you dont want to you can still get these beauties

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

got the whole set , it came last week on the exact same day the NGX was given a general release time frame heehe. Very nice quality.

Guest Turboblower
Thank you everybody for your kind comments. I certainly appreciate them, and they make the time spent writing and taking pictures worth while.
Ethan,I must say I am a bit late thanking you for your review, but after reading it convinced me to order the Chief pilot set. I found the printing to be superb, throughout, and I even ordered the MD11 set as well because I was so impressed. Cheers

Thanks so much for the review. I even appreciated the contrary posts. Made an 'informed' decision and bought the Captains set tonight!Thanks much.JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

thanks for a great review now that i see this i will try to do real world procedures for the first flight and if there are any PDFs that talks about things that are FSX only ill keep those PDFs on my phone in case i get to a point were i cant find a click spot or the like .i also invited some continental captns over for the release date when ever that will be , we are doing a small BBQ that day . thanks again for the review man ......

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I can tell you mine are in order, Boston, JFK, certainly not jumbled as you described. I would send off a ticket Jorge.
Filed a ticket on Sunday and haven't heard back. I'm guessing the team is busy finishing up the NGX so I'll just sit tight. Other then that though I'm in love and definitely recommend the Chief Pilot's set for those that can afford it and want the most out of the NGX

Nice review, Ethan. I have to admit tho, in my opinion, if you put your hand up to do something like this (4 1/2 hours is a job well done), you must be totally unbiased and accept that others will also want to tell the "other" side of the story as well. I accept that PMDG have done the best printing job they could with the material provided, however the price they are asking for ancillary books needs to be of the highest possible quality. Obviously it is not. Now we know, people can re-assess and make an informed decision whether this affects their decision to buy. This is what makes this industry strong and smart and saves people money and keeps the bar at the highest possible height. Having said all of this, I for one have re-assessed and will forgo my decision to buy these, as I already have a "real" set . Thanx again for making my decision easier, Frank Cooper

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this Ethan!
He writes that he has blurred some text etc.... is that really nessescary even in a review like this??? Just wondering...... Nice review,man !!!

I have had my Chief Pilot's Manuals for a while now and I love them. It really is hard to put them down once you start reading them and they are very well made.Reading off of a monitor is an eyestrain. Especially as much reading as these manuals offer.I will load the .pdf files on my Nook reader to have them there too, but it isn't like having the printed manual in your hand, that you can flip back and forth to reference.Because the NGX is the first aircraft that has come that you can really use the real aircraft manuals, in depth, it really is worth having the hard copies. Bob

Nice review, Ethan. I have to admit tho, in my opinion, if you put your hand up to do something like this (4 1/2 hours is a job well done), you must be totally unbiased and accept that others will also want to tell the "other" side of the story as well. I accept that PMDG have done the best printing job they could with the material provided, however the price they are asking for ancillary books needs to be of the highest possible quality. Obviously it is not. Now we know, people can re-assess and make an informed decision whether this affects their decision to buy. This is what makes this industry strong and smart and saves people money and keeps the bar at the highest possible height. Having said all of this, I for one have re-assessed and will forgo my decision to buy these, as I already have a "real" set . Thanx again for making my decision easier, Frank Cooper
Opinions are like noses....everybody has one, and some are different than others. You're entitled to your own. My review doesn't have to be unbiased. It's my review, and it's designed to reflect MY opinions of the product. I'm not trying to hide anything....I shared pictures of the product. However I am promoting the product, because it's my opinion that these manuals are of phenomenal quality. (certainly better than anything else on the market) Many people share the same opinion. As said before, you're entitled to your opinion, and it's not "wrong" or "bad" or anything...it's simply your opinion. Thanks for your post, and I'm glad I made your decision easier. (no sarcasm)

I have a question about the manuals. I see that in the PDF that came with the NGX some tables numbers are in kg and meters,but other places lbs and feet is used. I confused about this.Specifically the FCOM 1 page 707. 737-800 . Kg is used in the PDF. How are the printed manuals?Anyone who can explain the cross use of pounds and kilos? I would think that either one or the other,or both would be the better way to go. Anakin Diaz

So I filed a ticket on July 31st about my Jeppesen charts being out of order, asking what if anything could be done and I haven't gotten back any response. If any of the PMDG support folks see this can you please get back to me! Its not that big of a deal, but it bothers me to spend so much on something and get the pages out of order :/ Thanks! Other then that the Manuals are great! Excellent quality, I can see and read everything clearly. Great companion to this great add-on!