Sign in to follow this  
kiwikat

Bugs List

Ok, 2nd flight, this time with a CTD after 50 minutes of night flying, don't know the reason, nothing in the report/solution stuff except the infamous " Microsoft Antimalware MpTelemetry" at the CTD time, any relation ?3 things should be corrected: 1- a kind of "halo" on the 2 front windows 2- the AI is very hard to read 3- a blue position light under the forward section of the fuselage which is pretty anoying on night ops bcoz you can see it flashing from the VC ?Anybody else got the same stuff ?Cheers to all.

This switch, at least on my bird, is reversed. With Aux showing Main tank quantity and Main showing Aux. Anyone else confirm this?
Confirmed, switch itself is backwards... when flipped up it should display MAIN qty, down AUX qty.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Ok, 2nd flight, this time with a CTD after 50 minutes of night flying, don't know the reason, nothing in the report/solution stuff except the infamous " Microsoft Antimalware MpTelemetry" at the CTD time, any relation ?3 things should be corrected: 1- a kind of "halo" on the 2 front windows 2- the AI is very hard to read 3- a blue position light under the forward section of the fuselage which is pretty anoying on night ops bcoz you can see it flashing from the VC ?Anybody else got the same stuff ?Cheers to all.
As for #1, I could be mistaken, but I thought the halo effect on the 2 front windscreens were supposed to be where the wipers cleaned the window. As for the other things you mention, I see them too.Rob

Well Rob, you may be right, i never thought about this but i'm not sure that the C340 get wipers ? yes, no ? anyway, don't like this effect.Cheers to all.

As for #1, I could be mistaken, but I thought the halo effect on the 2 front windscreens were supposed to be where the wipers cleaned the window. As for the other things you mention, I see them too.Rob

Well Rob, you may be right, i never thought about this but i'm not sure that the C340 get wipers ? yes, no ? anyway, don't like this effect.Cheers to all.
Hit Shift-3 and uncheck the VC Windows box. They will be clear as a bell.

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

Hi all,A point of clarification: The Cessna 340 came from a time period where most (if not all ) GA aircraft had windshields made from an acrylic material. No wipers were used on those windshields because they would scratch very easily. One couldn't even use a paper towel and window cleaner. We used to use a cotton cloth with a liquid polish similar to car polish to clean the bugs off. Best regards,Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi all,A point of clarification: The Cessna 340 came from a time period where most (if not all ) GA aircraft had windshields made from an acrylic material. No wipers were used on those windshields because they would scratch very easily. One couldn't even use a paper towel and window cleaner. We used to use a cotton cloth with a liquid polish similar to car polish to clean the bugs off. Best regards,Bill
Correct, and there are no visible wipers on the 3D model. I am sure this window issue was just a simple oversight by Carenado.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I ve had 2 out of 3 CTD's so far. Also, I can not seem to set up EZdok with this aircraft. I can set up inside views just fine. When switching to outside views with EZDOk, I only see the VC model from a distance. MAybe im doing something wrong, but all other planes ive set up work fine. I love the plane otherwise.Rob
Rob,Have you launched EZCA config.exe as you have to do everytime you install a new aircraft?It should work.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3- a blue position light under the forward section of the fuselage which is pretty anoying on night ops bcoz you can see it flashing from the VC ?
I can see it but only in a narrow range as I zoom in and out. Also I have a "shimmer" along the inner edge of the starboard nacelle.Hub

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

This seems to be one of the cleaner Carenado releases. If you happen to find any bugs, post them here. It'd be nice to keep them all in one thread if possible.So far from one quick hop I've only noticed that the yaw damper switch is backwards. The hunt goes on though!
Great plane, but when in straight and level flight the artificial horizon indicates a nose down attitude. When climbing at 600 fpm it indicaties straight and level. Also both the inside and outside view looks like you're in a descent when flying straight and level. This may have something to do with the CG being way off, and towards the nose of the plane? The only way to get the CG in the range is to add 2,000 lbs in the aft of the plane, but that puts her on her tail :(

Martinrex007,I noticed that too and I think it might have something to do with the cruise lift scaler in the .cfg file. The reason I say that is because the plane lands way too slow (too much lift). I've only landed it once, but it touched down at 60 knots. I've never flown a 340, but my experience with other twins leads me to beleive it should touch down closer to 80-85 knots. Same thing on the take off roll the plane gets light on the wheels way before red line. I will have some time to play around with the cfg file tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.Regards,John

My weather radar does only show the standby grid, test picture, or flight plan. I cannot get the cloud radar picture.Michael
I'm having the same problem, even when flying into an intense storm using the default Real Weather.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest BeaverDriver
Great plane, but when in straight and level flight the artificial horizon indicates a nose down attitude. When climbing at 600 fpm it indicaties straight and level. Also both the inside and outside view looks like you're in a descent when flying straight and level. This may have something to do with the CG being way off, and towards the nose of the plane? The only way to get the CG in the range is to add 2,000 lbs in the aft of the plane, but that puts her on her tail :(
On the C of G, I'd ignore the schematic in FSX. Load it normally and you should be ok.With the AH, I gather it's slaved and not adjustable (no knob on the bottom of the gauge)? If that's the case, it may be parallax you are seeing. Try lowering your viewpoint in the VC (SHIFT+ENTER or whatever it is that lowers your eyepoint) and see if it's lined up then. If so, it's just because you are looking down on the gauge rather than straight on. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about that if there is no adjustment knob.As for the actual inflight attitude, the Cessna 300 series twins sometimes do look that way. Can you post a screenie of what you are referring to?
Martinrex007,I noticed that too and I think it might have something to do with the cruise lift scaler in the .cfg file. The reason I say that is because the plane lands way too slow (too much lift). I've only landed it once, but it touched down at 60 knots. I've never flown a 340, but my experience with other twins leads me to beleive it should touch down closer to 80-85 knots. Same thing on the take off roll the plane gets light on the wheels way before red line. I will have some time to play around with the cfg file tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.Regards,John
Redline in a twin is Vmc, not stall speed. Sixty (roughly) sounds about right for that aircraft if you are doing a full stall landing (not something normally done in a twin). Honestly, I don't think I'd play with that cfg file if these are the numbers you are seeing. Sounds pretty good to me.

Rob,Have you launched EZCA config.exe as you have to do everytime you install a new aircraft?It should work.
Doh! Yes, thats true and I totally forgot that! Must be getting old. Thanks, It fixed my issue.Rob

I have no RW experience in the 340 either but I agree totally on the approach and lift off speeds. I'm also touching down in the low 60's and that just can't be right. I also agree that it pops off the ground too quickly. Seems to do great in all other realms, maybe a little FDE tweaking will have it spot on.
Redline in a twin is Vmc, not stall speed. Sixty (roughly) sounds about right for that aircraft if you are doing a full stall landing (not something normally done in a twin). Honestly, I don't think I'd play with that cfg file if these are the numbers you are seeing. Sounds pretty good to me.
You're probably right Glenn, problem is if you don't do a full stall landing you'll wind up landing on the nose gear the way it's set up now.-Bob