Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Well, TBH Kyle has made a very valid and valuable point that might be enlightening to those many who obviously don't know better... So why not appreciate that. :(sig.gif
I agree. Sometimes an apparently off-topic post is required to help cut down on the pointless nitpicking. Everything on the NGX is as it is for a reason. We didn't design it, we didn't develop or model it. There are thousands of things that happen behind the scenes we can't be expected to know or understand. Even if there is a modeling error or a tiny problem with some texture only visible from certain views (I'm not saying there are), who cares? PMDG has gone above and beyond all our wildest expectations with this aircraft. This is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree :)

Guys... you have just got great double update, what more do you want exactly?
I am not sure. I personally think that the way PMDG is going about their updates, specifically that they are very big and contain a plethera of details and pics, is a far better way than what seems to be the proposed alternative, just a bunch of small updates that don't neccesarily reveal any new information.There are times that I do wish the updates come out in a more frequent fashion, sure, but that is just because I have been waiting for so long. You have to keep in mind that a lot of time is needed, and no doubt a lot of work, to put these things together. And I find myself enjoying reading these updates as they are so full of content, with RSR writting a nice long post explaining this and that, with pics to complitment. Each update has made it clear to me that this plane is going to be quite the product. I have no doubt about it. And while people can certainly request that certain pieces of information be announced (price, package contentes, level of customization, that sort of thing), I am certain that PMDG would announce it if the decision was made. If anything, the NGX roll-out has made it clear that NOBODY benefits from withholding information. The fact certain questions have yet to be answeredto the forum is because those questions have yet to be answered. Perfectly reasonable since the plane is still after all in production. And I want to thank the mods for taking a stronger stance on the full name rule. It is a rule that I strongly support, and think that when it is followed the better off we all will be.Cheers

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

hi pmdg teamthis is what i mean (even the 747 and the 737 default have it. how is possible that this effect is not done for 744x and md11? and what about the 737NG? the feeling i have is like a cockpit that the maintanance forgot to put the glass....a lot less realism for my opinion. im not asking the rain effect or something like that coz i know is not supported in fsx but just that effect that even the DEFAULT planes have:the J41 have it too.same situation is for the lateral glasses.
David, you are correct in your observation that the MD11 did not have glass textures. This was by design to squeeze out every drop of performance we could find, and all of our efforts cumulatively payed off. This was quite a few years ago of course, and desktop PC's hadn't quite grown up enough to run FSX to its full potential. Despite this, a lot of people screamed and complained so this time around, we spared little detail.Anyway, here is a quick shot of the side window of the PMDG 737NGX parked at Orbx's YSCB Canberra. If you look closely you can see reflections of the cockpit interior, a touch of subtle dirt left over from the last rain, and even the glass pane's part number stamped into the corner.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

My workaround was just pretending the fuel guy squeegied my windows before taxi so they're nice & clean.Kind of like that patio door we all walk into once as a child.

One of you guys should take ten minutes out of your busy schedule and quickly land the NGX while "accidently" having FRAPS running. Then "accidently" post it on the forum so that we can all "accidently" marvel the VC in all its glory.

One of you guys should take ten minutes out of your busy schedule and quickly land the NGX while "accidently" having FRAPS running. Then "accidently" post it on the forum so that we can all "accidently" marvel the VC in all it's glory.
BEFORE LANDING CHECKLISTCABIN..............................................................SecureEngine start switches....................................CONTSpeedbrake...................................................ARMEDLanding gear...................................................DOWNFlaps................................................ ___, Green lightFraps......................................................................ON;)

Guest wims
My workaround was just pretending the fuel guy squeegied my windows before taxi so they're nice & clean....

David, you are correct in your observation that the MD11 did not have glass textures. This was by design to squeeze out every drop of performance we could find, and all of our efforts cumulatively payed off. This was quite a few years ago of course, and desktop PC's hadn't quite grown up enough to run FSX to its full potential. Despite this, a lot of people screamed and complained so this time around, we spared little detail.Anyway, here is a quick shot of the side window of the PMDG 737NGX parked at Orbx's YSCB Canberra. If you look closely you can see reflections of the cockpit interior, a touch of subtle dirt left over from the last rain, and even the glass pane's part number stamped into the corner.
Cool, glass textures add alot of realism...glad we got them now:) Nice work:)

Simon

Well I still use FS9 and while the raindrop effect on the VC windscreen is good, it is not true that the wipers clear them off. I've looked closely on the 737NG, the 744 and the MD11 and it doesn't happen.Iain Smith
Iain, i wasn't referring specifically to PMDG products in this, there were / are other addons from other developers that feature the 'working wipers' , captain sim's C130 and the iFly 737 to name but two.

thx scimone for the reply. this is a great news for me and hope for many of us. Just 2 more questions:1. its complicated make the glass textures for the MD-11 and the 747x? need long time? its possible in future release a small patch? 2. about the 737NG, the glass texture has been made ONLY for the lateral side or also for the front glass view? coz looking some cockpit views i dont get that effect...can u confirm that the frontal glass textures are included?thx in advanceddavide lee

you can see some reflection at the edge of the FO's windshield in that photo

BEFORE LANDING CHECKLISTCABIN..............................................................SecureEngine start switches....................................CONTSpeedbrake...................................................ARMEDLanding gear...................................................DOWNFlaps................................................ ___, Green lightFraps......................................................................ON;)
made my day, thx

Is it real or is it Memorex? Would this be a great repaint or what? Isitreal_.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Not that it matters to me, but simply out of curiosity I'd like to ask if it is possible to manipulate the three numbers on the left of the yoke which indicate the flight number? This wasn't possible in the FS9 version, so just curious to know about the NGX.

Not that it matters to me, but simply out of curiosity I'd like to ask if it is possible to manipulate the three numbers on the left of the yoke which indicate the flight number? This wasn't possible in the FS9 version, so just curious to know about the NGX.
It was previously stated that it's fully operable! Very nice touch by PMDG.