Sign in to follow this  
pager94

How do I become an Astronaut?

Now that the question of how to become an airline pilot and an aircraft mechanic have been possed.I'd like to ask how do I become an astronaut, now that the NASA shuttle program will be officially halted?Commercial space travel will be comming very soon. So seriously how do I become an commercial astronaut?

Read a lot of google. Get good grades. STOP POSTING HOW DO I BECOME..... TOPICS. Just%20Kidding.gif

Read a lot of google. Get good grades. STOP POSTING HOW DO I BECOME..... TOPICS. Just%20Kidding.gif
I want to be a 18 wheeler Truck driver... no seriously it's been a dream since I was a kid, I don't care if my girlfriend leaves me due to the pay cut, that just means she's shallow. I have the Trucker hat and tattoos and lots of beer is not a problem.Kind regards

Rob Prest

Now that the question of how to become an airline pilot and an aircraft mechanic have been possed.I'd like to ask how do I become an astronaut, now that the NASA shuttle program will be officially halted?Commercial space travel will be comming very soon. So seriously how do I become an commercial astronaut?
First, get hold of 1.1 million pounds of ammonium perchlorate. Next, you're looking for a 150ft long steel tube. You can probably get this online.Carefully, pack the ammonium perchlorate into the tube until it's full. Don't smoke while doing this, smoking causes cancer.Take the wick off a regular skyrocket and affix it to one end of the packed tube. Sellotape will do just fine. To the other end of the tube, glue a deck chair. (Do NOT weld, this doesn't work so well) Borrow a buddy's crane to get the thing upright. Ideally do this somewhere safe, like a school playing field.Borrow your buddy's old Football helmet, assure him he'll get it back. Use his crane to get up to the deck chair. Use a length of rope about 3 ft to tie yourself to the deckchair, (safety first!).Get your buddy to light the wick and have him move away a safe distance, at least 3 miles.Finally, yell "to infinity and beyond!", close eyes, and prepare to be world famous... :wink:Edit: PMDG or its affiliates are not responsible for any damage to property caused by following these instructions. Results may vary.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"Carefully, pack the ammonium perchlorate into the tube until it's full. Don't smoke while doing this, smoking causes cancer." - It's funny cause you'd think smoking would be able to ignite it, but he talks of cancer :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

First, get hold of 1.1 million pounds of ammonium perchlorate. Next, you're looking for a 150ft long steel tube. You can probably get this online.Carefully, pack the ammonium perchlorate into the tube until it's full. Don't smoke while doing this, smoking causes cancer.Take the wick off a regular skyrocket and affix it to one end of the packed tube. Sellotape will do just fine. To the other end of the tube, glue a deck chair. (Do NOT weld, this doesn't work so well) Borrow a buddy's crane to get the thing upright. Ideally do this somewhere safe, like a school playing field.Borrow your buddy's old Football helmet, assure him he'll get it back. Use his crane to get up to the deck chair. Use a length of rope about 3 ft to tie yourself to the deckchair, (safety first!).Get your buddy to light the wick and have him move away a safe distance, at least 3 miles.Finally, yell "to infinity and beyond!", close eyes, and prepare to be world famous... :wink:Edit: PMDG or its affiliates are not responsible for any damage to property caused by following these instructions. Results may vary.
I've changed my underwear three times! lolOh my word, that is so funny!Smoking causes cancerSafety first Hilarious

Only because I'm anal and bored.Big%20Grin.gif

First, get hold of 1.1 million pounds of ammonium perchlorate. Next, you're looking for a 150ft long steel tube. You can probably get this online.
Are you sure? I think 100ft. will do just fine. Unless you're talking to Jeremy Clarkson, then this is way too small.
Carefully, pack the ammonium perchlorate into the tube until it's full. Don't smoke while doing this, smoking causes cancer.
Smoking also risks getting ash into the rocket. Remember, its all about making this as light as possible.
Take the wick off a regular skyrocket and affix it to one end of the packed tube. Sellotape will do just fine.
Remember, in order for it to work, the other half has to be touching part of the ammonium perch-o-clorothingy.
To the other end of the tube, glue a deck chair. (Do NOT weld, this doesn't work so well)
I heard crazy glue works well.
Borrow a buddy's crane to get the thing upright. Ideally do this somewhere safe, like a school playing field.
That's only safe if the school playing field monitor people are present.
Borrow your buddy's old Football helmet, assure him he'll get it back. Use his crane to get up to the deck chair. Use a length of rope about 3 ft to tie yourself to the deckchair, (safety first!).
Goggles are a good idea too.
Get your buddy to light the wick and have him move away a safe distance, at least 3 miles.
Make sure the playground monitors move away too.
Finally, yell "to infinity and beyond!", close eyes, and prepare to be world famous... :wink:Edit: PMDG or its affiliates are not responsible for any damage to property caused by following these instructions. Results may vary.
PMDG and affiliates also are not responsible for any bodily damage or death.

I wanted to be.......a lumberjack

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Based on the intelligence of this response. Perhaps I'll think about becoming a Nebraskian florist.

I want to be a 18 wheeler Truck driver... no seriously it's been a dream since I was a kid, I don't care if my girlfriend leaves me due to the pay cut, that just means she's shallow. I have the Trucker hat and tattoos and lots of beer is not a problem.Kind regards
Rob, thanks for an honest, scincere and non-sarcastic response!!! Here is what I mean....http://www.virgingalactic.com/Now who is going to fly them? Yeager is getting a little old.....They are hiring for "Head of Operations" as Space Port America, New Mexico. I bet this position pays more that a FO at a regional staying afloat with food stamp stupport. :Big Grin:Flight testing is in full swing and they have just signed their first contract to fly out researches to do experiments, with full deposits.Ticket booking is available through website $200,000 / ticket ($20,000 deposit) USD.Anybody, have any venture capital hidden in their pockets? I think this will revolutionize air travel the way the Boeing 707 and Boeing 747 did.Perhaps PMDG will develop "SpaceShip 2" after it is fully operational. :(

Rob, thanks for an honest, scincere and non-sarcastic response!!! Here is what I mean....http://www.virgingalactic.com/Now who is going to fly them? Yeager is getting a little old.....They are hiring for "Head of Operations" as Space Port America, New Mexico. I bet this position pays more that a FO at a regional staying afloat with food stamp stupport. Big Grin.gifFlight testing is in full swing and they have just signed their first contract to fly out researches to do experiments, with full deposits.Ticket booking is available through website $200,000 / ticket ($20,000 deposit) USD.Anybody, have any venture capital hidden in their pockets? I think this will revolutionize air travel the way the Boeing 707 and Boeing 747 did.Perhaps PMDG will develop "SpaceShip 2" after it is fully operational. :(
The bottom one in that picture looks like a JS4100!! :D :D Lets try and get our JS41's to space!!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Rob, thanks for an honest, scincere and non-sarcastic response!!! Here is what I mean....http://www.virgingalactic.com/Now who is going to fly them? Yeager is getting a little old.....They are hiring for "Head of Operations" as Space Port America, New Mexico. I bet this position pays more that a FO at a regional staying afloat with food stamp stupport. :Big Grin:Flight testing is in full swing and they have just signed their first contract to fly out researches to do experiments, with full deposits.Ticket booking is available through website $200,000 / ticket ($20,000 deposit) USD.Anybody, have any venture capital hidden in their pockets? I think this will revolutionize air travel the way the Boeing 707 and Boeing 747 did.Perhaps PMDG will develop "SpaceShip 2" after it is fully operational. :(
You could date Richard Bransons daughter? hope that helps.... btw I dont think Virgin galactic pilots class as real astronauts?? Nasa are planning a one way trip to Mars so I guess thats an option.Regards

Rob Prest

You could date Richard Bransons daughter? hope that helps.... btw I dont think Virgin galactic pilots class as real astronauts?? Nasa are planning a one way trip to Mars so I guess thats an option.Regards
I wonder if Richard Branson would require a background screen and polygraph too date his daughter? :(