Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

Thank you. Now i finally know what this switch is for.
Just FYI, there's not only the switch you are most certainly talking about but also wheel well light switches in the respective gear bays for mentioned personnel, as can be seen here (NWW LIGHT), and same goes for the MLG.gndpwr.jpg
http://www.737yoke.com/index.htmlVery expensive but hey Im rich! Im gonna buy one biggrin.gif
Boy, I'd hate the fact it only has this ridiculous plastic trim switch instead of a split switch found on the real counterpart with correct shape and feel. Would be a deal breaker for me regarding those prices hehe.Then I'd rather go with that first one that got posted (the newer one from FlightIllusions) that apparently has FF built into it. It does not even attempt to look exactly like the real thing, but then again it would suit other planes just as well. And as long as the servos are *way* stronger than those in my SideWinder I'd much more consider that one... But oh well, 1.6K hello :(sig.gif

Boy, I'd hate the fact it only has this ridiculous plastic trim switch instead of a split switch found on the real counterpart with correct shape and feel. Would be a deal breaker for me regarding those prices hehe.Then I'd rather go with that first one that got posted (the newer one from FlightIllusions) that apparently has FF built into it. It does not even attempt to look exactly like the real thing, but then again it would suit other planes just as well. And as long as the servos are *way* stronger than those in my SideWinder I'd much more consider that one... But oh well, 1.6K hello :(sig.gifoh yeah, they should make a split switch. Apart from that I still like it and I found a real 747-400 throttle for FS on a japanese website. Ill try and post that, I think they had for the 737 as wellok scroll down and you will find it http://www.inter-craft.co.jp/shop/intershop.htm

But will the NGX support Multicrew or not :(
Not
Let's beat the dead horse even more.Ryan has stated multiple times that the team is trying to implement this. But there is NO guarantee.Here are some quotes by Ryan:
No guarantee, but we are trying to do this, yes.
If both sides have the airplane running, then both sides have that same external code running - all we have to do is communicate the variables.

Erik L.

i know it will best sim in town this computer alway had great sim, i guess time to start countdown to the other that coming out

Tonight I dreamt that the NDA was released and the beta team had started to post screenshots and detail some functions we hadn't expected to see. The beta guys were from the forum, most of them we didn't expect. Looking forward to the next few months.

Stewart - that type of hardware is extremely expensive and believe it or not, those companies aren't just sending free examples of it to us. Pretty much all of us on the PMDG team fly with normal consumer joystick/yokes and such. That's what we're designing for - the best feel on the standard hardware people are likely to actually have the means to purchase. I seriously doubt there's any detriment to getting expensive hardware like that PFC yoke, but I'm just making it clear that we don't have it and thus can't make some sort of guarantee that it's going to feel exactly like the real yoke does etc... That may not even be possible honestly, the real yoke in most airliners is fed by a complex "artificial feel generator" that produces the actual resistance and whatnot that the pilots feel. It's like an extremely high-level version of a force-feedback joystick. Even these expensive yokes and stuff aren't doing that - they're just springs or whatever that give a constant resistance all the time, which isn't how the real ones work.
Ryan,Thanks for the reply,... It,s reassuring to know that PMDG's flight model is designed as best it can for most general hardware out there.I have at present a CH Model & fairly happy with it. Most of my flying is done using FMS anway.As one real Airline Pilot friend told me, apart from obviously take off & approach-landing, the real airline world uses Maximum use of Automation.I've studied once the artifical feel system of a 727, & as you say it's quite complex.So I guess we'll have to make do what we have for the moment, assuming it's one of the better brands.I think what we would all like is one of those 737 NG Replica Ground Simulators, ( there is one here in Brisbane, $180 per half/hr ),...their not full motion but every else is replicated including full FMC.... Probably set you back a cool couple hundred thousand!Regards,Stewart thompson

@ captainklmHet is de bedoeling dat je met je gehele voor en achternaam je post signeert hier in dit forum. Het beste kun je dit in je signature zetten. Gedraag je iets volwassener aub,.English: I just explained him how to sign his posts before he gets into trouble.

Gedraag je iets volwassener aub,.
Whats not mature about it than?

@ captainklmHet is de bedoeling dat je met je gehele voor en achternaam je post signeert hier in dit forum. Het beste kun je dit in je signature zetten. Gedraag je iets volwassener aub,.English: I just explained him how to sign his posts before he gets into trouble.
dude I know my name is KLM but Im not dutch, sorry Joe Barton

dude I know my name is KLM but Im not dutch, sorry Joe Barton
:( :( :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

is this you? :( :biggrin:I guess you have to put up with the joke way too often, so sorry about that, but I love the band! :(
Hi DazzNo no it isn't me. Even have Candleland from Ian. Nice LP btw.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Is the Woodpigeon ready yet? And it better have a full function FMC! :(

Is the Woodpigeon ready yet? And it better have a full function FMC! :(
I heard that the woodpigeon comes complete with a fully functional magnetic compass, a timer, and a set of maps, and a nice pair of goggles.

Gavin Price