Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Any 'new' news from PCPilot ?

I guess last August nobody could say anything because nobody knew anything back then.

Guest jahman
...Before punishing somebody who broke a NDA with a company don't you have to find out who he or she is first, easy to say they will be punished but you need to find the culprit and if you don't there is nobody to punish....
NDAs are cosigned by the company, so the company always knows the omplete list of NDA signatories.Cheers,- jahman.

NDAs are cosigned by the company, so the company always knows the omplete list of NDA signatories.Cheers,- jahman.
Understood, my point is if somebody under a NDA is talking (management, employe, surpervisor) there is no way to know whom unless they, he or she is catch red handed.

I guess last August nobody could say anything because nobody knew anything back then.
You may be right or they could not say anything at this early stage but will at a later stage.....:(

Hi,Because some developers started developing for other flight simulator programs and Orbix made that statement that they were sticking to development for the MS simulators only. Absolutely nothing in that announcement leads anyone to conclude that Orbix signed anything with MS.If people signed an NDA and then publicly stated such then they would have broken the NDA and face the chance of being removed. And John has been around long enough to know this.Can we also stop trying to use anything from last summer to explain anything that may be happening now?
“If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck”1+1 = 2 If you were lucky enough to read ORBX original statement about Flight, you would have come to the conclusion that ORBX had signed an NDA. That statement has been deleted from thier website. But I think he said something to the effects of - If told you more, I would have to kill you.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I hope, this time, Flight will support some headtracking devices, like Freetrack or FaceTrackNoIR (both are free), and 6DOF.

“If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck”1+1 = 2 If you were lucky enough to read ORBX original statement about Flight, you would have come to the conclusion that ORBX had signed an NDA. That statement has been deleted from thier website. But I think he said something to the effects of - If told you more, I would have to kill you.
Here it is http://www.orbxsyste...w-sim-unveiled/ if that's what you were refering to.===========================================================================================================================Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:00 AMHere is a link to Microsoft's new upcoming titles - http://www.microsoft...s/gamescom.aspxMicrosoft unveiled "FLIGHT" at Gamescom today, along with a teaser video.This is the new version of the sim for Games for Windows LIVE.I could tell you more, but I'd have to shoot you :)EDITED by JayKae : http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/EDIT by JV: Direct link to HD video - http://content4.cata...055ee71c269.wmv - copy the link and use GetRight to do a 4-segment download nice and quickly. =========================================================================================================================By the way I have changed my mind on some of the things I said in the above thread.EDIT: By the way, read john's post #300 from the above thread, based on his statement is there somebody here who still think MS is building a new engine...

Apparently the original statement served its purpose then. Read up on the topics of obfuscation, implication, misdirection, etc. Clearly the intent may have been to create a certain impression on the reader, which may -or may not- be true. Or, could it have possibly been that wasn't a concious intent, which is why the statement was removed? It could just as easily have been a case of "unintended consequences!"Frankly, I believe it was the latter.The fact is that the development community isn't really all that large. Most developers know one another at least electronically, so no matter how tightly controlled, whispers of an extant NDA would most likely have been made over the past year or more. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jahman
...Read up on the topics of obfuscation, implication, misdirection, etc....
You mean FUD-fuscation? :-)Cheers,- jahman.

I need my fix of new MS Flight news asap before I go cold turkey! :( :(
I know what you mean. I would have thought MS would have provided either screenshots or a new video in April.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

You mean FUD-fuscation? :-)Cheers,- jahman.
Lol, good link - I wasn't familiar with that term. But we just had an election here...so I am painfully familiar with the tactic. -FUD I think maybe we put too much spin on NDA's. Anyone that attends an MS technical presentation signs an NDA. I suspect most devs are under NDA right now or at least in the recent past. (from FSX) Dev's that hope to attend any future dev-conference will respect the spirit of NDA in the meantime. One thing NDA's don't imply is some sort of development cooperation - that's really unusual. FSUIPC not withstanding.But-We have seen MS contract out work in the past - particularly aircraft. And, the marketplace would also seem to indicate the need for independent content too.

I hope, this time, Flight will support some headtracking devices, like Freetrack or FaceTrackNoIR (both are free), and 6DOF.
What the previous version of Flight didn't support it haha. I can see what you mean, free 6DoF head tracking is a nice idea, but support issues abound and the resolution and accuracy of the head movement is never going to be as good using a webcam over a dedicated IR system. For me use of a head tracking system requires a certain investment on the part of the user before they can enjoy the immersive quality of the technology, and using a webcam could ruin this experiance right at the start, so to get this right first up it's worth the money to buy something like TrackIR from NaturalPoint which is much better both technically and for driver and application support including probably Flight.If you've not tried a 6DoF system yet, I think Freetrack looks reasonable from what I have read and to a degree is supported in FSX (simconnect). If you like this then I would recommend saving up for Track IR 5 before Flight is released - should give you plenty of time :( Cheers.Dave.

I know what you mean. I would have thought MS would have provided either screenshots or a new video in April.
Isn't this thread about an April update in PC Pilot or have we lost the topic of conversation somewhere in our NDA masacre :LMAO:Actually Mike I was hoping for something on the website as well. I do think though they release screenshots not based on set periods of time but on accomplishing development milestones. That's what they appear to have indicated in the news updates, so I'm sure when they have reached there next milestone we'll get something NEW to look at. Cheers,Dave.

What the previous version of Flight didn't support it haha. I can see what you mean, free 6DoF head tracking is a nice idea, but support issues abound and the resolution and accuracy of the head movement is never going to be as good using a webcam over a dedicated IR system. For me use of a head tracking system requires a certain investment on the part of the user before they can enjoy the immersive quality of the technology, and using a webcam could ruin this experiance right at the start, so to get this right first up it's worth the money to buy something like TrackIR from NaturalPoint which is much better both technically and for driver and application support including probably Flight.If you've not tried a 6DoF system yet, I think Freetrack looks reasonable from what I have read and to a degree is supported in FSX (simconnect). If you like this then I would recommend saving up for Track IR 5 before Flight is released - should give you plenty of time :( Cheers.Dave.
+1

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.