Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcbellette

Problems loading this forum

Hi all,Just a quick note to ask if anyone besides myself is having trouble opening this forum? I've had trouble today with some SQL server error. Is that a problem on my end, or AVSIM's?

I actually - foolishly, perhaps - thought the AVSIM servers had crashed due to the release of the NGX. Checked the PMDG site - no release. LOL!

I actually - foolishly, perhaps - thought the AVSIM servers had crashed due to the release of the NGX. Checked the PMDG site - no release. LOL!
What you are encountering is an overload on our database. We are working to solve the issue, and it is taking a while to get it done. Normally, the fault that happens rectifies itself in 2 or 3 minutes.

Its not foolish at all, I had the same thought, only weeks ago, now that's foolish. :(

Hi all,Just a quick note to ask if anyone besides myself is having trouble opening this forum? I've had trouble today with some SQL server error. Is that a problem on my end, or AVSIM's?
Yep I get this allllll the time, once a day at least.

What you are encountering is an overload on our database. We are working to solve the issue, and it is taking a while to get it done. Normally, the fault that happens rectifies itself in 2 or 3 minutes.
Genereally when I get this fault, the forum goes back online very quickly, but the last time I got that it took 4-5 hours before the forum started working again.

Yep I get this allllll the time, once a day at least.
Me too. For me it usually takes a couple of hours. Tells you how much I check the forum lol.

I wonder how long the AVSIM forum will be down after the NGX is released? I recall the MD-11 FSX release crashing the forums for a while.

I wonder how long the AVSIM forum will be down after the NGX is released? I recall the MD-11 FSX release crashing the forums for a while.
Really? I wonder how long will PMDG webshop be down after the NGX is released Nail%20Biting.gif! Latelly I've been thinking: "What if I'm not able to purchase the NGX just after the release?" Imagine, you come to the forum, everybody is unbelievable "happy" (lack of a better word), saying all kind of things about the plane and its insides and then you realize that you have NO idea of what they're talking about because you just coudn't buy it! I know it is not the end of the world, but you know what I mean.

Really? I wonder how long will PMDG webshop be down after the NGX is released Nail%20Biting.gif! Latelly I've been thinking: "What if I'm not able to purchase the NGX just after the release?" Imagine, you come to the forum, everybody is unbelievable "happy" (lack of a better word), saying all kind of things about the plane and its insides and then you realize that you have NO idea of what they're talking about because you just coudn't buy it! I know it is not the end of the world, but you know what I mean.
Our site and store has NOTHING to do with the servers that run the forum - the store will not go down. If the forum goes down at release (it may, the 747 release took Avsim down for nearly a week), go to our facebook page, we'll post updates and stuff there most likely.

I am taking bets that both won't go down.
Good bet. Ryan is just being a worry wart. Nail%20Biting.gif

Good bet. Ryan is just being a worry wart. Nail%20Biting.gif
That's great Tom!! LOL.gifBut... :(

Our site and store has NOTHING to do with the servers that run the forum - the store will not go down. If the forum goes down at release (it may, the 747 release took Avsim down for nearly a week), go to our facebook page, we'll post updates and stuff there most likely.
Maybe you misunderstood me. I didn't say the forum servers and the store servers are connected. What I meant is, and I hope this doesn't happen :), so many people could be at the website at the same time clicking on so many links that the store server wouldn't be able to deal with all the requests and would go down and I wouldn't be able to access your site to purchase the NGX.