Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX Approach Checklist, please!

Has PMDG ever commented on whether or not they found a way around the FS ground inertia issues? In almost all Flight Sim aircraft (Short of perhaps the F1 ATR) aircraft need 45+% throttle to maintain a 20 knot taxi because the inertia variables in FS are screwy.It would be amazing to know if the team managed to find a way around this hard-coded issue to allow idle taxi in the NGX. There's nothing more immersion breaking than needing to taxi at 45% N1.Now that I recall, this is also a problem in some FAA approved flight sims (such as those by FRASCA) as well. Full throttle just to get moving...

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I believe the PMDG guys will allow comments on competitive products as long as it's written in a non-flaming manner. Saying you prefer PMDG to xxxx (whichever other company you're talking about) is generally fine. Saying something like "xxx's version of the 737NGX is a total pile of ****" will likely be removed from the forum.
Although most of the comments here are verging on the latter of your examples, not the former.-john rodgers

Has PMDG ever commented on whether or not they found a way around the FS ground inertia issues? In almost all Flight Sim aircraft (Short of perhaps the F1 ATR) aircraft need 45+% throttle to maintain a 20 knot taxi because the inertia variables in FS are screwy.It would be amazing to know if the team managed to find a way around this hard-coded issue to allow idle taxi in the NGX. There's nothing more immersion breaking than needing to taxi at 45% N1.Now that I recall, this is also a problem in some FAA approved flight sims (such as those by FRASCA) as well. Full throttle just to get moving...
I'm also extremely curious. Great question.

Wouldn't quite consider it an "immersion breaker"! None the less, +1 curious here.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just wondering if there will be custom touch down smoke fx. Can't quite remember if they are global for all a/c, but if not, maybe...? :(sig.gif

I'm also extremely curious. Great question.
Watch the takeoff video when they taxi out onto the runway. It appears ground handling is definitely not default...

The other guys will be forced to charge less, and that is fine, it is the difference between a a Prius and a Corvette.Michael P.
So will PMDG. Neither developer is immune to the laws of Supply and Demand. Had iFly been developing a BAE 146 (For example) PMDG could charge anything on the basis they have a monopoly.

Hi Kennith,As an owner of the iFly 737NG for FS9, I can assure you that I'm pretty sure that the answer to your inertia issues would be a yes. To give you an idea, the iFly 737 in FS9 will even taxi at over 20 knots with idle power if the aircraft is light on fuel and passengers/cargo. I'm pretty sure, knowing the calibre of the PMDG developers, that they would have overcome this in FSX. After all, FSX is a superior simulater than FS9, right?

We have and the NGX does it realistically, different weights have different effects :-)Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

So will PMDG. Neither developer is immune to the laws of Supply and Demand. Had iFly been developing a BAE 146 (For example) PMDG could charge anything on the basis they have a monopoly.
If that is the case tan the PMDG price point would be around $55, I see the PMDG model at around $80 because it will be far superior and well worth it, and they will still out sell the competitors despite the higher price. People will pay for quality.Michael Pare.

That may be so, but it does not exempt them from market forces. In theory it should force them to drop the price on the basis they have a competitor, whether they will or not is anyone's guess.

WhatI wonder is, if I can start studying 737 material now and have the stuff fresh in my head when the airplane is released. I still think like a 747 driver!

I am predicting 80 bucks USD for the NGX. If it is, who cares, I am buying it.

Eric 

I am predicting 80 bucks USD for the NGX. If it is, who cares, I am buying it.
+1 I told the wife a 100 (assuming it would probably less, so I will come off looking like a hero........ Not likely Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif)

$100 i think, good exchange rates at the minute with good old sterling! I am going to get both!

Ian R Tyldesley