Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX Approach Checklist, please!

It seems so close that I can smell it now :(
I feels like we are descending through 10.000ft on a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles.... landing lights on please

I feels like we are descending through 10.000ft on a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles.... landing lights on please
Yeah...approaching a 200 ft long runway at 5000 lbs over MLW, 1 engine running, complete hydraulic failure and a 76 knot crosswind :(

Guest Tamadeez

I heart PMDG :)

Yeah...approaching a 200 ft long runway at 5000 lbs over MLW, 1 engine running, complete hydraulic failure and a 76 knot crosswind Big Grin.gif
thats easy =) try with no engines

I know when PMDG will be releasing this ...It will be Monday morning 08:00 GMT ...How do I know ... well ... since i've been off work the last 9 days awaiting release, its just my luck that the product will be released when Im back at work, you will all be flying the nice new bird and I will be stuck behind my desk at work logged onto this forum with VatSpy open watching you all having fun with RMK/PMDG NGX in your flight plans ;o(Gutted !

Hold your horses fellas and don't get too excited. I don't think it'll be released for another three weeks or so.

Just after watching the video of the NGX night time departure for the 10 time.Am hoping someone can answer my question about the failures that can be selected in the FMC. Its 2:44 into the video. The question is that under Random it says Service Based Failures - Yes/No. What does this mean?Conor

thats easy =) try with no engines
I swear, that after my first test/learning flight with this thing, my second landing is going to be dead stick. Lets see how this thing really flies with no engine thrust.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I was just wondering - does this suffer the same problem of other aircraft whereby the engine out glide ratio is in the toilet compared to its real-world counterpart?The MD-82 has a real-life dual-engine out glide ratio of 1:20 whilst the sim only achieves 1:11. As it is, in FS with both engines idle at best glide speed I only get 1:16! Too much drag somewhere (especially between idle and shutdown). :(Best regards,Robin.

I would almost risk sleeping in the back yard (what would happen when wife sees the credit card bill after computer mods) but it would be worth it as PMDG add ons are so worth it. The video's did it for me too.
Get the wife to sleep in the back yard instead so you can fly in peace. Give her a brush too so she can have a bit of a sweep around :(

For someone at PMDG (or a beta tester Big%20Grin.gif),When you select a different variation for the cockpit in the FMS... like MCP or eyebrow windows, etc, will fsx have to reload or will it just change on the spot? I don't know if it just changing right then and there is even possible in fsx but I am curious as to how you guys have done it since the menu is right in the FMS.Thanks,Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

They've said almost everything except the winglets won't require reloading the plane.

I swear, that after my first test/learning flight with this thing, my second landing is going to be dead stick. Lets see how this thing really flies with no engine thrust.
See if you can do that FSX mission where you lose both engines over water, but change the aircraft from the default 737 to the PMDG 737NGX!

My plan was to be in a bit more control of the situation. Get about 10 NM out of the field, fire up the APU, put it on the busses, then kill the engines. But your way has a bit more danger involved. Especially over water. Will certainly have to give that a try. Never touched the missions to be honest.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

My plan was to be in a bit more control of the situation. Get about 10 NM out of the field, fire up the APU, put it on the busses, then kill the engines. But your way has a bit more danger involved. Especially over water. Will certainly have to give that a try. Never touched the missions to be honest.
haha your missing out. Some are tons of fun (although they are in default planes) and others very challenging. Although I prefer Free Flight, sometimes I find myself bored after a long flight and fire up a mission.And thank you Alex, I wasn't aware that they answered that question. Sounds good, can't wait!

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace