Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

Will Microsoft Flight ever be a success?

I would like to hear your reasons why first.

Success?I don't know how anyone can comment on software that has not been released - it doesn't make sense.Chris Farrell

Nobody can say anything about it yet, because it isn't released. Any discussion about it is more or less senseless due to this fact. That's my (!) opinion.

regards,

Alexander Marx

Suggest you post this in the MS Flight dedicated forum.

Eric 

Flight is still in development and you already want it to fail? What a great supporter you are. Hope you don't start talking about the PMDG 777 or the Dash-8 Shame%20On%20You.gif.

Matheus Mafra

I suppose it depends on your definition of, "success."There are probably still many who think FSX is a failure, while many who think FSX is great. We all have our own reasons for defining success and certainly MSs definition of success is one that makes them money. I'm sure it will. For me, I'll buy Flight no matter what. Just like I'd buy anything that PMDG put out (even sardine foot bath powder).The screens and videos look great to me, but of course performance is key and we wont know til it's out.

Noah Bryant

Flight is still in development and you already want it to fail? What a great supporter you are. Hope you don't start talking about the PMDG 777 or the Dash-8 Shame%20On%20You.gif.
Who ever said anything about wanting MS Flight to fail? If anything, I'm sure we all want it to be the successor to FSX which allows great frame rates and compatibility with our current addons.

Erik L.

It depends on a lot of thing, I also think the result that will be given by X-Plane 10 will make it important too. I think XP greater flow is probably is User Interface which is really not very user friendly, nor very intuitive. So I guess that's one point that would make a difference.But it is too early to talk as both projects have yet to really be shown.

Why are we talking about this AGAIN?Do people use the search function anymore in this forum?homeless_watson.png

Who ever said anything about wanting MS Flight to fail? If anything, I'm sure we all want it to be the successor to FSX which allows great frame rates and compatibility with our current addons.
i hope nothing is compatible, part of the reason we have had so many problems with fsx is backward compatibility. I rather buy everything all over again and have a really good running sim then worry about a grand or so in add ons

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I'm not doing Windows Live! That is unless they give me Flight for free and give me a cut of my personal information they sell to others.....Heck, I still haven't installed Windows Silverlight. Yeah, I've never seen a picture of Flight.Ken Carlin

I'm sure it will be. The real questions is how long will it take for FSX users to switch over.

I'm sure it will be. The real questions is how long will it take for FSX users to switch over.
It really depends on whether there will be backwards compatible addons or if developers will have to redesign everything from scratch. Could take years at that point. If the latter was the case, I wouldn't switch completely when I can fly the NGX around in Orbx scenery and REX environment. There really is no point in flying a vanilla sim when we've got so many new addons to choose from.

Erik L.

Microsoft flight, in my opinion won't become popular until developers like PMDG and ORBX make the supported product to step in the matter. I am saying that there isn't any need for microsoft to develop a new game with pretty much no change from before except visuals, which is presently being handled by ORBX. The flight, I think will not be a simulator and will end up with the starting of engines by pressing one key. I don't know when it will be released, but whenever it will, it won't have addons like that of PMDG, CS or ORBX, athough it will, but this duration will not be anything less than four years. After all, there isn't any need for microsoft flight. Till then, we simmers would be happy with 777, dash-8 and ORBX newzeland.