Sign in to follow this  
ashleyjames

Just a bit of appreciation!

Hello fellow captains,first of all, i hope this is in the right section. please feel free to move if needed.ok so today i was freaking out as to weather my computer will handle the much anticipated 737NGX. My solution to this problem was to purchase the J41 and see if my computer will handle this aircraft. I was never really interested in the J41 but just as a test, i purchased it and all i can say is WOWWWWWWW!!!! with the 747-400x with Orbx scenery, i get roughly 17-23 FPS. with the purchase of the J41, i expected less as the J41 has much more detail but boy was i wrong. The J41 performs way above my expectations and performs just like the default 737. I have barely even flown this aircraft for 2hrs now and i am so impressed. You guys at PMDG have a done a fantastic job and i really cant wait, like many other captains on the board, to get my hands on the 737NGX. In the mean time, i will get to know the J41 a little better!!!! Unfortunately for myself, we have a long weekend in NSW, Australia and im off up the coast for next few days :(Thanks again!!!Ashley Allen

Try an engine start in the JS :( That will keep you busy for a few days, certainly took me a while to get the hang of it.. Still, sometimes the bad boys blow up on me :(

Guest Tamadeez

It's perplexing the performance variations people are having with the JS41. As some have FPS issues while others silky smooth. Hmmm

its silky smooth for me. Its a bit lower FPS overall then the MD-11 but it feels smooth and flies awsome. Turning off the FOs displays in the config manager helps alot too. Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Try an engine start in the JS :( That will keep you busy for a few days, certainly took me a while to get the hang of it.. Still, sometimes the bad boys blow up on me :(
how hard could it be?

Good ol start locks. J41 best addon plane ever.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

how hard could it be?
for the people who have the js41 would have least set fire the engines at least 1 time at start up :) in their career

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

how hard could it be?
You'll find out when your engines catch fire once, twice and three times before finally giving up and looking for a YouTube video.Cheers,Nick Jones

Or reverse thrust when RPM lever is at Taxi.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

how hard could it be?
I found the easiest thing is NOT to start them. I start each flight with engines running! :(

Let's just say that when I started flying a few months ago, management wouldn't like me. It took awhile for me to try to start the engines. It was easier to just let them burn.

I found the easiest thing is NOT to start them. I start each flight with engines running! :(
So is that the reason the plane will load with the engines gunned?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

wow, they set on fire? Then fsx should really model the emergency crew
Yeah. The plane is fun to fly but the engines are temperamental little buggers (in my opinion).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

<br />Or reverse thrust when RPM lever is at Taxi.<br /><br />Pete Walsh.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Ya. It is nice when you blow up your engines after a nice long flight. Done that a couple times. Once on vatsim. How embarrassing! 'Um....yeah....Tower, Eagle Flight 3671 is on runway 35 center, unable to vacate. It was PMDG's fault. Thanks for your assistance, Eagle Flight 3671 signing off."