Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

AOA!

Great video, with some enjoyable comments by Nick. He seemed to have great amount of knowledge of the 737. I noticed already with the 747-8 expansion pack, that PMDG was on an interesting track in regards to the external model. It looks amazing. I loved the texture and the reflections.I'm one of those that have never really understood why some people will have fully modelled passenger cabin in flightsim. But one thing that surprised me a bit in this video, was actually the quality of the cabin. After all the talk from PMDG about how they are not making passenger simulators and that resources would be used on the flightdeck, I expected just some basic shape and little to no textures. However, the cabin actually looked rather nice :(

Great video, with some enjoyable comments by Nick. He seemed to have great amount of knowledge of the 737. I noticed already with the 747-8 expansion pack, that PMDG was on an interesting track in regards to the external model. It looks amazing. I loved the texture and the reflections.I'm one of those that have never really understood why some people will have fully modelled passenger cabin in flightsim. But one thing that surprised me a bit in this video, was actually the quality of the cabin. After all the talk from PMDG about how they are not making passenger simulators and that resources would be used on the flightdeck, I expected just some basic shape and little to no textures. However, the cabin actually looked rather nice :(
I'm no expert, but as i understand it, the cabin on an external view is one and the cabin for for example a wing view is another.Anyway, i don't care too much for the cabin either.

Superb video, i want to know how to walk around like that with EZCA, I have no idea how to do that.
you need to set up an outside view from the ezdok window that runs when fsx starts. right click on a line under "Aircraft" and give it a name. Then enable the POV option in "view control" now you should be able to use the arrow keys to move where you want.You can bind the view to a button to make it easier. Also if you want to move the camera view to another location and come back to it as default, press the num2 button on your keyboard (you will hear a "beep beep beep" thats to let you know you are in edit mode. Then move the camera and press num2 again to save it.

you need to set up an outside view from the ezdok window that runs when fsx starts. right click on a line under "Aircraft" and give it a name. Then enable the POV option in "view control" now you should be able to use the arrow keys to move where you want.You can bind the view to a button to make it easier. Also if you want to move the camera view to another location and come back to it as default, press the num2 button on your keyboard (you will hear a "beep beep beep" thats to let you know you are in edit mode. Then move the camera and press num2 again to save it.
Ok, so that camera will stay as a camera where ever you put it? So when you push back the camera will stay as you move away?Sorry gone OT there.

Even though this video wasn't intended to be shown in public in the first place, this was by far the best thing I've seen from the NGX. Not only was it BEAUTIFUL, but it was also very informative! As we know this was the first, or close to the first, beta version and things pointed out in the video has been changed too, so that's wonderful. I've never had any doubt in my mind about wether or not to buy the NGX, but after this video I'm sure gonna buy the AoA training videos too. It was also stated that Nicks representation of the NGX isn't the AoA standard and I believe he was very much down to earth and knew his stuff, so I can only expect pure professionalism with the AoA product. I already own the chief pilot set and the AoA tutorials will come in very handy as to explain something I don't understand in the manuals. AoA, you can thank Nick for counting me in as a new first time AoA customer. And PMDG, you can also thank Nick (and the rest of the AoA team) for convincing some of the critics out there.

im a grown man and I nearly wet myself!.I have no more words.:( :( :( B)
+1. Couldn't have got better than Nick doing the run-over.This benchmark is going to be really difficult for any current or future developer to surpass.

Absolutely stunning!! Applause.gif It is like the "Tablet Wars" PMDG is Apple, and any other company out there for example "Samsung" are trying to beat Apple but they just cant because of the amazing detail and precision of the product and the amount of people who think that their products are just too amazing.... Love.gif

Absolutely stunning!! Applause.gif It is like the "Tablet Wars" PMDG is Apple, and any other company out there for example "Samsung" are trying to beat Apple but they just cant because of the amazing detail and precision of the product and the amount of people who think that their products are just too amazing.... Love.gif
You didn't seriously just compare pmdg to apple did you? Apples products in terms of functionality are far surpassed by others...their first phone didn't even support 3G right? Yes this was "sent from my iPhone":(

I just watched this again, i cant believe the level of detail in the airplane. I already had intentions of buying but now its a release day definite. As for AOA as i said in my last post, they have got themselves a new customer here. If that's just a casual video i cant wait to see their systems videos

SpeedbirdA320FO You didn't seriously just compare pmdg to apple did you? Apples products in terms of functionality are far surpassed by others...their first phone didn't even support 3G right? Yes this was "sent from my iPhone":PLOL... You know what I mean, I hope tongue.gif

You didn't seriously just compare pmdg to apple did you? Apples products in terms of functionality are far surpassed by others...their first phone didn't even support 3G right? Yes this was "sent from my iPhone":(
Parenthesis:Haha. Interesting point Samuel. You are right; there were many products that had many more features. And there are many more Boeing 737 NG series simulators that are as full featured as what PMDG seem to have done - full simulators. What Apple, and PMDG, have done is to get it into the hands of everyone in the world. Make it affordable and accessible. Shamrok, I liked the comparison.Closed parenthesis.

Thanks for the kind words about the video folks. Quick system specs:i5 2500k 4.4GHzGTX 480Addon used to pan around is EZCA. I was just doing a few 500ft circuits/touch and goes at Rotterdam getting used to the handling of the aircraft (which is very nice incidentally), with the occasional full stop landing. Messing around really with some aggressive hand flying to get used to the pitch/power tendencies on the 737. After a few times around the patch following several full stop landings with heavy braking the brakes stopped working. My first thought was that some glitch had occurred, as I'm no stranger to panel initialisation failures causing the brakes to mysteriously quit. I used slew mode to get the aircraft back on the runway (following an overrun due to the failed brakes), and took off again, not too bothered about the lack of braking as I was only having fun. A short while after gear retraction I got a wheel well fire indication - only then did I think to check the brake temps. Needless to say they were through the roof and that was what caused the brake failure/wheel well fire indication. Nice touch PMDG!
Okay I've got a question. How do you check the brake temps? Does the 737 have a brake temperature gauge somewhere in the cockpit that I haven't seen?Dan RaimondoNevermind, I seem to remember it being mentioned that it's on the lower eicas screen.

Nevermind, I seem to remember it being mentioned that it's on the lower eicas screen.
Does even every 737 have brake temp. gauge?I always thought there were quite a few 737s without any such indicator.

Does even every 737 have brake temp. gauge?I always thought there were quite a few 737s without any such indicator.
I think that Nick said that that is optional for company to choose..Stefan Petrovic

Yes, its a company option, and its displayed on the lower DU

Peter Osborn