Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

Steve Lacey, RIP

A friend of mine working at MS Game Studios has passed along this horrible piece of news, which I have not seen posted yet, so unfortunately I will pass it along.Steve Lacey has died this afternoon in Kirkland from what appears to be a road-rage incident. RIP Steve and thank you for being an incredibly influential and important figure in our hobby.http://www.king5.com...-126093229.html
Very sad news, our condolences to his friends and family.

André

I add my deep condolences to Steve's family. I am very upset to hear the circumstances. Our roads are becoming raceways. I hope they make an example here.Thank you Steve for your hard work, helping us realize the dream of flight.

Unfortunately great people seem to leave us before their time. All I can offer is my condolences to his family and friends.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Anybody who has had anything to do with the development of Flight Sim over the years has made a great and welcomed impact on my life, especially if they were so integral to the development. It's a shame that I'll never have the oppurtunity to say "Thank You" to Mr. Lacey. It's a horrible tragedy that he's left this Earth too soon leaving behind loved ones. R.I.P. Steve Lacey. My sincere condolences to your family and friends. And, Thank You.Kail

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Such a senseless and awful tragedy. From my brief readings this morning it appears that alcohol may have been involved. Whether or not this is the case, some people have no respect for how precious life is, and in one moment of reckless stupidity, an entire family is torn apart. We should all pray for Steve and his family, and to the criminal at fault, I hope he never sees the light of day again. My sincerest condolences.Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Very sad new to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children. Godspeed Steve! Jim

Jim Wenham

So terribly sad and heartwrenching. Our thoughts and prayers now go out to his loved ones left behind in this senseless tragedy. Why are so many drivers on the road having less and less regard for speed limits and for those around them? Here in Canada I see so much aggressive driving now, and eventually something bad happens. We all need to slow down a little and show more tolerance and courtesy to our fellow drivers.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

This wasn't road rage. The driver that killed Steve had a BA of .328--that's knee-walking drunk, at over 4 times the limit. I hope he discovers the love of a musclebound, tattooed convict with bad breath named "Snake" in a jail cell some night real soon.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I really liked Steve. What a great guy he was and very friendly. I was a regular follower of his blog and enjoyed his non flight simulator musings. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Thank you Tom and all at Avsim, for making it possible for us simmers,---- who no doubt are more probably using something that the late Steve Lacey may well,as part of Aces Studio, had a hand in,---- by posting the Press link and the link to make a contribution to this gentleman's family and the fund set up for his children.What a sad, sad and totally unncessary loss of a very talented life.God Bless and RIP,Steve.

My sincere sympathies to his family and friends.Drink drivers/ road rage drivers are a menace and I make it my mission to lock up as many of the Sc*m as possible during my work hours!Such a tragic loss.

When I heard about Steve's passing, I have to admit that I went into a bit of a state of shock. No one deserves to die the way that Steve did. Taken out by a drunk in a fit of road rage. Steve was an innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time. His killer deserves the maximum that Washington State's laws allow. A valuable life in so many ways lost to stupidity... Two children who will not grow up with their old man giving them the guidance that fathers do and that they deserve.Steve was a good friend of AVSIM's and a friend of mine. He shared with us things that he probably should not have, but he knew that we would keep his confidence. On more than one occasion Steve provided us input that helped us provide a more objective view of the hobby and the state of affairs at Microsoft, especially at the time of the ACES shut down. Needless to say, Steve was a man who gained our respect and trust. He was both a character and a precense in our hobby, in all senses of the word. He was right up there with Richard Harvey, of the FLY team, in terms of his contribution and willingness to share.I hope that everyone who enjoys our hobby and honors those who so mightly contribute to it, will contribute to the educational fund that is being collected for his children. AVSIM will shortly contribute, and we would like to think that our community would too.

Very sad news indeed.My sincere condolences to Steve's family and friends.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.