Sign in to follow this  
brucek

What monitor does the NGX deserve?

Like all of us, I'm excited about the coming release of the NGX, congratulations PMDG and thanks to all the crew and the beta testers for delivering something of this quality to us. I have a single LCD monitor, Samsung 215TW, which is some 5-6 years old now, and is lacking brightness and clarity. So, it's time to do the NGX justice and get something better to see all the goodies that we are about to be given. I'm still undecided about multiple monitors to run FSX on, I think the first thing might be to get at least one monitor that works really well with FSX. I'm not letting price influence my decision at this time. Can anyone give me details of currently available monitors that they have that are providing good images with a good contrast ratios and brightness, response time and anti-glare, that they are happy with for FSX? At least I was thinking that if I got some monitor types that I knew worked well, then that would give me a reference point to go look around and see what I might buy. Right now I have no idea of any baseline for any further research. I have a GTX 460 (1 GB) GPU, which is running at 1680 X 1050 (limited by the monitor, I believe). And any recommendations for a multi-monitor setup? Do they really help with immersion in FSX, and how about using different monitors/resolutions? Thanks for any replies, Bruce Knight.

I recently got this one. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It's an ASUS, but I like it so much better than my Samsung 24". This monitor is bright clear and beautiful. FYI, I have it connected to my GPU via HDMI, and my resolution is 1920x1280. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052Also FYI, this monitor has good contrast and brightness that is fully customizable. (I left it at default as it was quite bright, and I was satisfied with contrast.) It also has some preset modes like "Cinema", "Warm Tones", etc. The screen is fully anti glare (matte) which to me makes the LED backlighting more beautiful.

Edited by Efussander

I am happy with my Asus 27inch LED monitor with built in webcam. The images are nice and the monitor is good overall.

DELL ULTRASHARP 30", 2500 x1600. Awesome picture but not cheap. $1400 new. I got mine at Dell outlet as a factory refurb, rigorously rebuilt and tested as NEW. $800 at Christmas time. If your patient grab one of these when Dell has them instock at outlet store. They go FAST!!! Cheers,BB

This monitor is bright clear and beautiful. FYI, I have it connected to my GPU via HDMI, and my resolution is 1920x1280. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824236052
Well, the spec for this monitor gives max resolution of 1920 x 1080.
I have a 24" 1920x1200 myself.
Ryan, this brings a question, will the NGX's native ratio be 16:10 or 16:9? I don't see many monitors on the market with 16:10 aspect ratio. Can you provide us with your model?

Pretty Sure I read it's 16:10. 16:10 is the way to go for Flight Simming. Ryan can hopefully give a definitive answer. I have just bought a Dell U2410, and I'm loving it, really good monitor.

Alexis Mefano

I saw in Ryan's signature that he has LG 246W 24" LCDI could not find this particular model (found W2486L) but went through all available LG monitors and could not find a single one with 1920:1200 or 16:10. Perhaps I am missing something.

DELL ULTRASHARP 30", 2500 x1600. Awesome picture but not cheap. $1400 new. I got mine at Dell outlet as a factory refurb, rigorously rebuilt and tested as NEW. $800 at Christmas time. If your patient grab one of these when Dell has them instock at outlet store. They go FAST!!! Cheers,BB
Same here! Got mine for about $750 shipped. In fact, my 30" Dell was never even actually "Refurbished". It had a dent on the box so Dell would not sell it as new. When I opened it up everything was still sealed. I called Dell and asked them about it and the customer service agent told me that just because a Dell product is listed as "Refuurbished" does not mean it was ever used or even ever opened. SCORE!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Well, the spec for this monitor gives max resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Yep, typo sorry. 1920x1080Thanks for catching that. :(

I think I'll be patient and wait for this:

I think I'll go for the 950 27-inch instead of the 750 because the former has more features

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Is it worth it to utilize a HDMI? been thinking about picking one up for the PC, to add to my collection of about 10 others in my house for TVs etc etcim using a 32' 1920x1200