Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Scrap your FSX.cfg file

Wat worked like a train for me was not using the ******* tweak. I grabbed my original FSX.cfg and only added HIGHMEMFIX = 1. Then in the FSX Display menu i set the desired detail level (in my case with my rig medium-high) and put the FPS target on Unlimited. Now I get 30 fps constantly also on addon airports like UK2000 Stansted and Venice X. When I used the fsx.cfg tweaked via venetube.com, it didn;t improve at all. I think it is quite systemspecific. Also the external FPS Limiter suggested by Venetubo does not work like I wished, so i'll keep it this way.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Okay, dumb question I know. But I've been hunting around in the FSX files for fsx.cfg file to replace it with the tweaked one from ******* and I hate to admit it but I can't find any file that looks like what ******* sent me. I've been searching around in the config folder. Sorry, I know this should be a no-brainer. It's probably staring me in the face . . .Thanks in advance.

I found mine in \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX Beware, Appdata is a hidden folder. Think to check Show hidden filesand folders in Folders Options.

tru bojotes tweak is great but affinitymask number may need some attention it was affinitymask=56, found that 61 was a world of difference on my i7 6 core. Rich

Rich Sennett

Can I delete my old CFG files and make FSX rebuild a new one but copy and paste the old code so that would save time to calibrate hardware and other settings ??? Thanks Evan Banalian.

Thanks Steve . . . I'll hunt again.
Quick way to find it, if you have windows 7, go to start search "show" then you will find it quick that way m8. then when you follow the above instructions you will see that the app data folder is there but looks like a ghost folder pale ..

Please assist with a step by step guide regarding deleting and restoring of the fsx.config file suggestion?

Wait so after I backup/delete the old one, I restart fsx, then do I just copy and paste everything in the old one to the new one or run the new one through *******'s or do I just do it manually? Thanks And what's the equivalent to an ATI Radeon HD 4350?

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Can I delete my old CFG files and make FSX rebuild a new one but copy and paste the old code so that would save time to calibrate hardware and other settings ??? Thanks Evan Banalian.
Better to start from scratch.Video settings, graphics sliders, and keybinds are easy to setup again. With a fresh start you know there isn't any old code that may slow down your system again.

Okay, dumb question I know. But I've been hunting around in the FSX files for fsx.cfg file to replace it with the tweaked one from ******* and I hate to admit it but I can't find any file that looks like what ******* sent me. I've been searching around in the config folder. Sorry, I know this should be a no-brainer. It's probably staring me in the face . . .Thanks in advance.
I had this problem as well today so i ran it again and when i hit download the new config, wnen the dialog came up asking if i wanted to open or save this file, i hit save and directed it to my FSX folder not the root one, the one in C/USERS/APPLICATION DATA/...............and it repaced my existing config.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

so do I just ditch the cfg file?p.s who tried naming the autogen file "default" to "defaultold"? It gave me some more fpsdouble p.s, I have 737 posts ;D