Sign in to follow this  
flyer767

Dual Monitors Windows 7 64 bit using NVIDIA Card

I am curious about the lack of horizontal span in Win 7. I am currently using XP 64 in horizontal span mode. For those of you using dual monitors in Win 7 can you drag the FSX window across both monitors and not have the cockpit have elongated weird looking gauges? In other words does it look like horizontal span in XP? ThanksDon

Do you have wide view aspect=true set in your config file? I use triplehead2go and three monitors and it looks great.

I have a 24 IN Dell WS and an 18 IN Dell Ultra Sharp being driven by the nvidia GTX 460 using win7-64. Looks like this. . . I usually have the AivlaSoft Electronic Flight Bag runing on the smaller monitor and I fool the Ws into looking like a full screen even though I run FSX/accel only in the windowed mode. My resolution is set at 1920 x 1200 32 bit. PMDG737a_x.jpg Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi, I have a triple monitor setup 5760x1200 and I have no problems with the panels.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have a 3 monitor setup with Matrox 3H2G. Looks great in full screen mode.Windows 7 Pro 64b, and a GF 8800 GT 512Mb video card. Just make sure you have "wideviewaspect" in your FSX.cfg file set to TRUE, as stated in the Introduction document.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

I have a 24 IN Dell WS and an 18 IN Dell Ultra Sharp being driven by the nvidia GTX 460 using win7-64. Looks like this. . . I usually have the AivlaSoft Electronic Flight Bag runing on the smaller monitor and I fool the Ws into looking like a full screen even though I run FSX/accel only in the windowed mode. My resolution is set at 1920 x 1200 32 bit. PMDG737a_x.jpgHi Ray,What's the model # of your 24" monitor? What resolution, and is it 120 Hz?Thanks, Bruce. Ray

Do you have wide view aspect=true set in your config file? I use triplehead2go and three monitors and it looks great.
I am just asking about WIN 7 64 bit. I am considering loading this OS. I just want to know if someone can send a screenshot with FSX spanning 2 monitors.

What's the model # of your 24" monitor? What resolution, and is it 120 Hz?Thanks, Bruce.
Monitor Model: DELL 2407WFP Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Monitor Model: DELL 2407WFP Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
They are botch ACER 24 inch monitors. They are showing 60 hz but I am using the default windows setting. The resolution is 3840 by 1080.

I am just asking about WIN 7 64 bit. I am considering loading this OS. I just want to know if someone can send a screenshot with FSX spanning 2 monitors.
Not possible without extra hardware (e.g. TH2G).

There's a way of doing alright, but you don't resize a single view to span both monitors. You open a new VC view and drag it to your second monitor. You then resize it and rotate the view so that it lines up with your original view. Here's a pic:

Mike Beckwith

I am curious about the lack of horizontal span in Win 7. I am currently using XP 64 in horizontal span mode. For those of you using dual monitors in Win 7 can you drag the FSX window across both monitors and not have the cockpit have elongated weird looking gauges? In other words does it look like horizontal span in XP? ThanksDon
Hi Don, I've wondered about this as well.The first question I have to ask is if you have a SLI setup? If no, then you can not do a horizontal span resolution with a nVidia card in Windows 7. You can with an ATI Worried.gif But there is a solution that will unfortunately mean buying another GPU. nVidia still has not figured out or blocking the feature on single GPU setups. If you have a SLI setup horizontal span is possible with nVidia's 3D Vision Surround technology. Here is a link to the site showing the requirements: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dv-system-requirements-surround-technology.html

I have a 3 monitor setup with Matrox 3H2G. Looks great in full screen mode.Windows 7 Pro 64b, and a GF 8800 GT 512Mb video card. Just make sure you have "wideviewaspect" in your FSX.cfg file set to TRUE, as stated in the Introduction document.
DId you have any issues setting up the Matrox 3H2G? I looked at the reviews on Newegg for the Dualhead and there were some issues. ThanksDon

I hate sounding like at AMD salesman but ATI Eyefinity will do this from a single card. I will say though that it does distort the side views somewhat.I run 4x monitors, 3 as a main view and one mounted above for FSC and films. Runs well, but again it can distort the view.

Ian R Tyldesley