Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

-> To those who have FPS issues.

I really really think you should post this in a separate thread to bring this to the attention of others, I have been getting sporadic fps High then low etc etc, I tried this out just in the free flight screen,I loaded the 747 then just switched to the NGX and the difference's is incredible, one thing I noticed about the ngx is when you load it in the free flight screen you don't get that pop up of it saying its loading the airac cycles, Im not sure if its an issue or done by design, but people should try this out even if you don't have the 747 load another pmdg ac in the free flight screen then the ngx.
Me and Ian Beggs have noticed that loading the 747, then the NGX afterwards seems provide a huge FPS increase, can anyone try this out to confirm?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I will give it a shot on my next flight. But as I stated in another thread whenever the NGX was crashing on loading I could get it fixed by first loading the 747-400 then the NGX after and the crashing would stop on startup. Only works with the PMDG planes so whatever it is the 747-400 is clearing up something when you load it before the NGX.

Yes, the PMDG 747. Just tried again in KPAE now, with this method - I got 50 FPS instead of 24! WOW.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

if that's really true, i can buy PMDG 747X too. Not to fly it, just for the FPS boost :)

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

I tried, not working for me. Loaded PMDG747 in free flight, then switch to NGX. Same FPS like before

This makes solution zero sense. Obviously, something else is going on here. AFAIK, the NGX and 747X don't even speak the same language; one has nothing to do with the other.

This makes solution zero sense. Obviously, something else is going on here. AFAIK, the NGX and 747X don't even speak the same language; one has nothing to do with the other.
Tried again to convince myself: Loading the NGX first gives 24 FPS, loading the 747X then the NGX gives me 50. I makes absolutely no sense, but it works. Why? I have no dang idea.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

All I know is that after seeing his comment about doing this I tried it, and the performance and smoothness was amazing, my fps were not incredibly low but they were all over the place with or without a fps limiter, they would jump from 30 to 23 to 9 constantly, after loading the pmdg 747 or MD11 then the ngx the fps are incredibly smooth and stable.

Hi,just tried it out - no difference. But actually I already got high FPS in 2D-cockpit or outside (depends in situation between 35 and 50 (limit) FPS), but in VC the FPS go down to 15-20.

Regards, Dimitri Alymov
Intel Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 4,5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, NVidia GTX1080TI (11GB), Win 10 Pro, P3DV4

Could it be that the 747 sets a lower systems/simulation condition prior to the ngx load, so there's less going on in the ngx. Is the ngx fully functional? Chris Farrell

Are you just loading the 747 at the main menu, then lading the 737 up; or are you actually loading the 747 into FSX before swapping i to the 737?