Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

-> To those who have FPS issues.

No difference here. Latest AIRAC from Navigraph.

Regards,

Radek

Guest Turboblower

Might be better for everyone to post what airac they are using in the 747X, not the NG. Just in case it is an airac database issue, and would help narrow down what is creating this odd behaviour. I will test shortly, but my airac cycle in the 747X is 1108

Haha perhaps this is a stoke of sales genius by PMDG!
+ 1 LOL.gif!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

load the 747 as if you would be flying it, then as soon as you are in the cockpit and the systems boot up, use the alt menu and switch.
I just gave it a shot.Loaded the 747 at KDFW and pressed fly now. Once it loaded I went into the a/c menu and selected the 738WL. Then when it loaded it was completely dead and had some holes missing in the VC where I could see outside.Guess it didn't work on my rig, but I was already getting good FPS so i'm not going to worry about it. Glad its working for you though.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean you do it wrong. You must not press fly now after selecting the 747. After the AIRAC is loaded select the 737 and then press fly now. Best regards, Jonathan

Sean you do it wrong. You must not press fly now after selecting the 747. After the AIRAC is loaded select the 737 and then press fly now. Best regards, Jonathan
That's not what he said. Look at his quote below.
load the 747 as if you would be flying it, then as soon as you are in the cockpit and the systems boot up, use the alt menu and switch.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I tried it with the MD-11 (I don't have the 747) and it seems to have added some fps.Anybody else tried it with the MD-11? Christos

as i mention before in another post i was in the 40 to 60 FPS taxing around default JFK with pretty much all things maxed out and after loading the NGX this way same airport taxing around it went up to just under 80ish.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Because of the AIRAC again. When you download and install the NGX it semms to uppdate allo AIRAC off all their products. Because they have only one folder with the navdata in. So all PMDG products which are installed are equipet with AIRAC 1108. Best regards Jonathan

Because of the AIRAC again. When you download and install the NGX it semms to uppdate allo AIRAC off all their products. Because they have only one folder with the navdata in. So all PMDG products which are installed are equipet with AIRAC 1108. Best regards Jonathan
Unless you restore your old database or reinstall one of your planes.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I loaded the MD11 at FACT std weather, during the day and showed 95 to 100 FPS not doing anything for 2 minutes. I then loaded NGX and saw 70FPs dipping every 15 seconds to 45FPS then back to around 70FPS and then dipping again, and so on it went. Something is creating the dipping as if its a current drop,very strange.

Any word from the developers about why this happens?

James Goggi

Any word from the developers about why this happens?
I for one am very interested in what they have to say.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well I just checked in Frankfurt at Gate 12....with 747 preloaded and then the NGX it was 23-28 fps in the VC. Then FSX restarted and just the NGX loaded at the same gate....22-28 fps. So it was just my imagination. No change for me. That is sad, but hey....