Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

-> To those who have FPS issues.

Hi,just tried it out - no difference. But actually I already got high FPS in 2D-cockpit or outside (depends in situation between 35 and 50 (limit) FPS), but in VC the FPS go down to 15-20.
Well please also note doing this is not going to perform a miracle if you don't have the hardware in the first place, but doing this has helped me get the fps and smoothness that I expected with my system
Are you just loading the 747 at the main menu, then lading the 737 up; or are you actually loading the 747 into FSX before swapping i to the 737?
Yes just in the free flight screen(main menu) then once its loaded just switch to the ngx

As crazy as this solution is i too have seen a significant boost in fps loading the 747-400x first Thinking.gif

That's certainly odd! Going to test this out tonight...
Yeah, sounds funny to me to but I will give it a shot just for the heck of it. I just got done flying it and had no FPS issues but I am willing to try it one time just to see.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sadly I'm not able to do this, because FSX crashes when loading another aircraft in-game. Aww.... Praying.gif

I don't suffer from any real performance issues but tried this anyway. No change for me whatsoever. Tested on my usual 'test circuit', and was within 1fps average of my previous results.

Sadly I'm not able to do this, because FSX crashes when loading another aircraft in-game. Aww.... Praying.gif
I think you're missing the point...you aren't actually supposed to load the 747X into FSX. You are merely selecting it, letting it do it's navdata loading thing, then immediately selecting the NGX. Do not hit Fly Now so you're in the cockpit, just select the 747X so you see it rotating around in the FSX Free Flight screen.Adam

I think you're missing the point...you aren't actually supposed to load the 747X into FSX. You are merely selecting it, letting it do it's navdata loading thing, then immediately selecting the NGX. Do not hit Fly Now so you're in the cockpit, just select the 747X so you see it rotating around in the FSX Free Flight screen.Adam
Ohhhh okay! Thank you. I'll try that :D

Strange, but it seems to make a difference. The NGX runs a little bit smoother now with this method. I wonder why....

Sounds like it has something to do with the Nav database, sometimes I get odd stutters and it is related to the Nav system on the NGX, maybe because the 747 loads the navdata is helps the NGX too, I wish it wasn't so late I would try it out.

i get more fps and a more smooth fsx by setting the autogen from normail to extremly dence.way i dont know but that works for me.

What do you know? it works! Thanks Blidariu, looks like I may be able to take her up after all. Dave