Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YukonPete

EZdok, TrackIR and PMDG

I purchased Ezdok a while back to use with my Trackir and PMDG aircraft but find the manual awfull! Is there any online tutorials for it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You should be able to do a search and download profiles for ngx.

Just got my TRI5 yesterday. Absolutely love it, along with my EzDok. Pete, head over to thier forum and register. Lots of info there.Regards,

You should be able to do a search and download profiles for ngx.
Do you know one good profile. More realistic? Could you share it? thanks

I can give you something at home I am at work so would be a couple of hours fyi

Look for the Seph profile in the TIR Forum. For the Ezdok theirs one or two floating about this forum.....

Having a problem finding it, it was a link in someons signature thought I downloaded, if anyone could help with this would be great

I can give you something at home I am at work so would be a couple of hours fyi
Thanks in advance Richard. It would be usefull.
Look for the Seph profile in the TIR Forum. For the Ezdok theirs one or two floating about this forum.....
Thanks i will see this too.
Having a problem finding it, it was a link in someons signature thought I downloaded, if anyone could help with this would be great
I saw this....This link is only effects. Thanks!!!

Oh sorry then I dont have it, search flight1 forums maybe ? good luck.

Here's some important points that took me a while to realize, but have helped me out immensely. 1. You can not use the usual S, SHIFT-S, A, SHIFT-A command to cycle EZDok views. You must assign a custom key, or in my case joystick button, to each camera!2. Numpad 2 is the most important button for customizing your views!!! Press once to enter edit mode, press again to exit and save the camera.3. EZDok can act funky at times, so the manual really is a must. Really. All of this is said assuming you have the very basics, and at least read through the manual once. For some reason the basic points I mentioned above didn't occur to me, regardless of the manual. Anyway, the steep learning curve plateaued quickly, and I can now make custom cameras in seconds.

1. You can not use the usual S, SHIFT-S, A, SHIFT-A command to cycle EZDok views.
The EZDok manual says to disable S, SHIFT-S, A, SHIFT-A keys in FSX. I reassigned them in the EZDok studio and all is well again.My #1 tip is to disable all the keys listed in the manual. Look that part over carefully. Also:1. Go to your TrackIR folder and rename the files ‘simconnect.manifest’ and ‘simconnectSP2.manifest’ (simply add a number to the name). 2. Start TrackIR, make sure TrackIR is updated (click on Game Updates) and restart TrackIR. 3. Uncheck ‘True view’ in TrackIR. 4. Start FSX. When you are in the aircraft in FSX, open EZdok studio using the menu go to the TrackIR settings in the Options menu of EZdok and check ‘Transform X Y Z’. The "simconnect.manifest" and "simconnectSP2.manifest" renaming was an important step for me since it solved some compatibility issues I was having. There is more info then I can give you in various forums on those files if you do a search on them. It was a steep learning curve for me but now that I have it dialed in I can't fly without either one. Was a huge 2D panel supporter till I got these 2 products.I have never opened the NGX 2D panel.

I purchased Ezdok a while back to use with my Trackir and PMDG aircraft but find the manual awfull! Is there any online tutorials for it?

does this work for TIR 4?
It most certainly does. Get the version for the TIR5 though so its compatible with both the TIR4 and EZdok. I did this and no problems except when closing TIR4 down, it took ages or didn`t happen. This was pretty much fixed in the TIR5 (5.1?) final. Occasionally I have a problem where clicking in the EZdok controls doesn`t move anything in the aircraft, but this is after a lot of flights that go perfectly. The first time I reinstalled but not again, even though its quick. After the last update to the 737 NGX I found all inside views with EZdok were perfect but the outside views were leaving some parts of the plane translucent, especially the body. I tried everything and noticed EZdok was still calling it a cockpit view even though it was outside, the SPOT view fixed it. So for that I tried all sorts then finally used the EZdok configure to put the aircraft.cfg files back to normal, as if I was about to uninstall it. Then I reconfigured them and everything worked perfectly. So the next time the clicker doesn`t work in the plane I`ve a feeling this will fix that too.