Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

AoA's First Training Video Now Available

I think it's pretty useful. One cannot always get in his/her sim PC. These diagrams can be studied/gawked at from my work laptop or my wife's ipad.The NGX is my first time in any kind of 737 sim, so it's nice to be able to refer to a good overhead or pedestal layout when reading a guide or forum post. Makes it easier to remember the switches/knobs when I do get on the sim.
Agreed, it's a good reference guide to go along with all of my 'offline' documentation. I think some will find it useful and others won't. The fact of the matter is that it's a biproduct of the vector graphics that AoA produced for the training videos. They are kindly offering it for 'free', so it's your choice whether to use it or not.

Ed Haslam

That and the fact that it's drawn from the PMDG NGX, which means all the different little panels on the overhead & pedestal are exactly the same config as when you fly in the sim.

Back in my flight training days with the Navy they had cockpit diagrams. But that was because you couldn't always just go down to the flight line and hop in an aircraft to stare at the panel. If you wanted to learn/memorize the cockpit layout, you had to rely on the manuals and make the most of your flight time, or pin a diagram up on your wall and stare at it for hours on end. The same applies to commercial airliner training. Still, I never used the diagram. The point is, this is FSX. You can hop into the NGX any time you want. No need to worry about flight schedules and the availability of aircraft, simulators or static models. I'm not sure I see the point of the diagram for simmers.
I downloaded them earlier and they are looking pretty good even at high zoom levels. I guess they make it easy to study the controls without looking at them from funny virtual cockpit angles. Anyway my works laptop won't run FSX LOL!

I dont know what take so long. According to AoA everything i done. Just the audio editing has to be made. But this cant take 3 weeks....

My first thougt when i saw the lightning video was: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related LOL.gif
HA! Nice!
OK, this is hands down the worst $80 dollar I've ever spend in my life. And before "the forum police" kick off, this has nothing to do with patience, I have an active life, I'm not a nerd who sits in front of his PC screen hitting F5 the whole day to see if new videos have been released etc. I do have a problem with the fact that this product was hyped so much, with red flashing buttons saying "737 training available, get it now", then spend $80 dollar, and then find out nothing was there. "You'll get it when it's done" is fine for me, but NOT after you've spend the money! Imagine going to the shop to buy a car, furniture or even food, pay for it and then they say: "you get it when it's done" How many people here would agree with that? The least you can do for a PAYING customer is telling them when they can expect their goods to be delivered. And IF the schedule would be once a week (which it is not for the moment, not even once every three weeks) it will take more than a year? By that time I've read the FCOM 15 times. I feel mislead by a false hype, and I am sure not the only one! Now let the bashing on my persona begin 'cause I dare to say something that doesn't fit with a lot of people's view Regards,Sean De Maere
We've been very active in updating everyone on the progress of the project, and it's not going to be this slow for much longer. It's difficult to get the 'production line' started. That's exactly what we're doing now. Should be much better, and will eventually (if not now) will be worth it. Hang in there, please.
This is the fact, I paid on the 11th of august and got 1 video so far, that's 1 every 3 weeks no?
That is not the pace that we will be working at. Again, it's the upstart of the production process to make the project shorter as a whole that's taking some time. It's one thing to produce one video at a time, but we're looking ahead and creating a very complex 'drag and drop' method of editing so we aren't redoing our work every single time we're doing a video. But, we do have to do the work a few times for different styles of videos.
+1 on public text updates. I've bought the Captain's package so I do have access to the members area but it's far more convenient with text updates and without having to log in to read the update.
We'll do this on the updates as well. Because I think I'd feel the same way.
The point is, this is FSX. You can hop into the NGX any time you want. No need to worry about flight schedules and the availability of aircraft, simulators or static models. I'm not sure I see the point of the diagram for simmers.
It's something a little extra for our subscribers. It's an asset we'll be using visually in the training, so it helps to have it right there if needed. Not a huge deal, just something extra. Not really our cup of tea as we're video guys, but we'll be putting this diagram 'in motion'.
I dont know what take so long. According to AoA everything i done. Just the audio editing has to be made. But this cant take 3 weeks....
Again, VIDEO editing, NOT audio. Audio editing is really simple, video editing is not.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Maybe Chris would have done it but I wanted to inform people that have not purchased the 737 training yet that the second video will certainly be available tomorrow (Tuesday 27) or Wednesday if something happen last minute!

As I posted in the AoA forums, As a small buisness owner here in Vancouver. I too offer a product that appeals to a certain demographic. I build custom flightcases/Roadcases for the film/music and A/V industry. I have to side with AoA and the release timeline as I know from experience, It can be shocking how fast you can become overwhelmed revealing such a highly anticipated product line..

Sorry wrong thread

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Input / quick reviewAfter long hesitation (because I didn’t have any issues with the currently installed HF2..........
Wrong thread!

Cheers, Andy.

Wrong thread!
LOL I am getting old

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5