Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Now I am ENJOYING FSX

I have an I7 2600K also and had to set minimum settings for OrbX YMML and OrbX YBBN as ther performance was not acceptable, pretty good now though im loving it get around 15-20 frames at those airports but smooth, I also have FSX installed in program files (X86) and no issues what so ever for me so I cant say I agree with the comments about moving it
Same Wayne......FSX installed in program files (x86) and I don't have any real issues......

I wonder if I am now in safer territory. Are these better results ? snap2011090914h51m57s01.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us snap2011090915h03m50s01.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us snap2011090914h51m14s00.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us regards Richard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

FSXman could probably be right about the native x86 folder , I have it on a separate disk it is under program files (x86) and till date win 7 has not blocked it.
In fact, he is spot on. One day it will bite you, not today maybe, not even this week, but it will bite you.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have FSX installed on the x86 folder and I have no problems. I am running NGX on a 3 GHz 4-core 8 thread I7 Imac with 8 GB of memory and a 5750 graphics card. I have had to speed up the fans (on the Mac side with SMVfan which transfers fan speeds to the PC side under Bootcamp) to keep the processor temperatures down, but that is all, and I have made no tweaks except what is recommended in the Introduction manual. I didn't know about not putting FSX there initially and I don't feel like reinstalling FSX and my adddons (FScene and Ultimate Terrain and some planes) unless I have to. Henri

Henri Arsenault

I wonder if I am now in safer territory. Are these better results ? snap2011090914h51m57s01.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us regards Richard
That's an interesting looking nav programm in the picture, can you tell me what it is? Thanks.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

That's Plan G if I am not mistaken Eric
Okay thanks, i'll check it out.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

That's an interesting looking nav programm in the picture, can you tell me what it is? Thanks.
Yes its Plan-G and you can get for free http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/It really is a super program you will love it. regardsRichard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

If you are using Windows 7 64x, make sure that your FSX installation is not in Programs(86), but in either C:\ or a separate hard drive. This will make a world of difference. It made an amazing difference for me.
Me too. Had nothing but problems with that ridiculous default directory. To people who haven't done it yet, don't hold back....all the niggly problems (particularly with add-in software) went away. Just remove your FSX software and re-install in C:\FSX

Well what can I say about the performance other than its astonishing. I never dreamt that I would see FSX so fluid.The first remarkable event was the smooth as silk take-off run from YMML using PMDG 737 NGX. I mean SMOOOOOOOOOTH, what a breathtaking suprise. And with FPS between 17 and 25 @ YMML in the VC, WOW!!!. In flight at 25000' I am getting 30 and 52 fps in VC and outside 48 to 70 while the Vcore is between 1.32v and 1.48v and the CPU temp between 38C and 47C. I did have it OC'ed to 4.8 but the cpu was getting up into high 50's not to mention the Vcore @ 1.59 so I bumped it back to what I have now and to be honest I do not see any difference other than the hardware is much cooler. regardsRichard
I realy can't figure out how you can get those temps with that vcore. (if you are refering to FSX running max temps), because as my specs show, i am at 4.4Ghz and with a manually set Vcore of 1.28v, i am getting idle at 36c and 51c max recorded when running FSX.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have FSX installed on the x86 folder and I have no problems. I am running NGX on a 3 GHz 4-core 8 thread I7 Imac with 8 GB of memory and a 5750 graphics card. I have had to speed up the fans (on the Mac side with SMVfan which transfers fan speeds to the PC side under Bootcamp) to keep the processor temperatures down, but that is all, and I have made no tweaks except what is recommended in the Introduction manual. I didn't know about not putting FSX there initially and I don't feel like reinstalling FSX and my adddons (FScene and Ultimate Terrain and some planes) unless I have to. Henri
Mine ran ok in Programs(86) until I started getting a LOT of addons. Then I started getting CTDs, OOMs, scenery corruptions and exceeding long loading times. That has all been resolved by moving FSX to the C drive, using Bajote's tweaks and FPS Limiter. After you have a lot of addons, is not the time to have to move FSX to a different drive.

Yesterday I would envy you but today I will not, simply because I am putting together the same (nearly) system. Just tomorrow final touches on the water cooling side and let the OC begin... Glad to hear FSX has good results on those new systems. Enjoy!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I realy can't figure out how you can get those temps with that vcore. (if you are refering to FSX running max temps), because as my specs show, i am at 4.4Ghz and with a manually set Vcore of 1.28v, i am getting idle at 36c and 51c max recorded when running FSX.
That was when I was mucking about by myself (not really knowing what I was doing) but after using Asus Auto Tuning to FAST this is what I got. http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/874/snap2011091107h47m57s00.png

Richard Binns

No problems to date with the x86 but uh I seem to be getting longer load times with the more add-ons I get... this normal right?