Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

audiohavoc

HGS display size changeable?

Hello, I finally got to install and start using the NGX, and first of all it is amazing. I do have a question regarding the sizing of the HGS display in the VC. I am using TrackIR and my zoom is set to the recommended level by PMDG (press backspace, then ctr+spacebar), but at this setting the text in the HGS is too large and is cut off at the edges of the display. To see all of the HGS text/display, I have to sit up and uncomfortably close to the monitor/TrackIR receiver to see HGS view appropriately sized. Is there a way to change the size/view of the HGS display? I tried looking through the introductory document and the FCOM, but I don't recall seeing anything regarding this.

I've noticed that as well but just assumed it was normal. My fix was to lean back & recenter the tir. Not really a fix, but it works

Hoping PMDG will take this into account. Really would enjoy it more if I could make the text smaller........

The nature of the HGS combiner display is that it remains the same size relative to the outside. The best way to change the cropping is to change the eyepoint (i.e. your head's default position).

The nature of the HGS combiner display is that it remains the same size relative to the outside. The best way to change the cropping is to change the eyepoint (i.e. your head's default position).
So to see all the info, the HGS should take up most of the display? (80ish%)Not trying to argue or anything, just confirming what I see with it. Seems like the top & bottom have to be almost to the edges of the screen. I'll have another look at the YouTube video you guys put up some time this week, it's probably just me.

This is why I hardly use the HGS. Without TrackIR it's even harder. I find the only way to keep the text in view is by moving position waaaaay to the right, but this makes it very unrealisticWorried.gif

If you think about it, that's how things are supposed to be. The combiner sits right in front of the pilot and takes up most of his field of view. And, besides, what do you need to see outside the combiner? That's why it's there for, so you don't need to look around the cockpit.

It's a collimated projection, so you have to position yourself correctly to see it. When using something like EZDock, it's not uncommon for it to be off center. I have it set for center when I'm perfectly still, but when flying gravity and inertia have a tendency to affect how I view it.

You guys can turn off the inertia / head movement in the VC you know. I have it off, and have no issues with the HUD. The text never moves. Martin Wilby

This is why I hardly use the HGS. Without TrackIR it's even harder. I find the only way to keep the text in view is by moving position waaaaay to the right, but this makes it very unrealisticWorried.gif

Specially when you are using EZCAM, then you just can define a view for the HUD and deaktivate the movement for this view only.

You guys can turn off the inertia / head movement in the VC you know. I have it off, and have no issues with the HUD. The text never moves. Martin Wilby
Please could you tell where to turn these off? I've turned the head movement settings to 0.00000 etc, but I still get the movement even though not as much as before, but it's still slightly there, so I'm guessing it's the inertia (?) please direct me. Thanks.