Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

When do expect to see Flight?

Release Date  

214 members have voted

1. 1. When will Flight release?

When it's ready; preferably not before.
Gosh you just said a mouthful. Remember FSX (I still shudder).and to Mr Happy (Tierborn) Apart from a little friendly advice in the direction of , lighten up a little and have a giggle. I would say that while a lot of people on this forum, may not understand marketing, It is my personal opinion that Microsoft are no great shakes at it either.they had a good, although ageing , product in FS9, 2004. So rather than leave it in place while the successor was honed to a point where it was the next step in evolution, They rushed out a product that was slow and clunky. memory hungry to a point that most computers available at the time could not handle it, used a direct X version that was not completed at the time and was only a "Preview" when many other games released at the time were using it on publication. Did not support multiple graphics cards. unlike a lot of the games that were its contemporaries. or multi core processors, which at the time were in the minority , but definately the way things were going.... and was in competition with it's own predecessor (FS9/2004) for 2 years or so.....Need I go on.....OK, it is now a very good flight sim. But wouldn't it have been nice to wait a year or 18 months or so, to the time when FS9 / 2004 was being left behind by computers advances, and THEN market FS X, after a bit more testing....Definately , give me a product that works well out of the box. you would think that Oct/Nov would be the time for release of a product like this, in time for the Christmas market. But don't hold your breath.

If you wanted to release a product in October/November of this year, then you would sure as hell advertise it a LOT more than has been the case with MS Flight to date.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks like the Norwegian webshops has yet again changed the anticipated release date for Flight. New date is April 2012, so we can rest assured that they are clueless!http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=623230http://www.euronics.no/Produkter/Spill-konsoll/PC/Spill/Microsoft-Microsoft-Flight-PC-PC-Spill?ref=acdc5913http://www.mobilestore.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:4149285

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

One day they'll be correct. Just like a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Alain,Here's the way I see it...There have been so many things that have been said about what Flight is going to be ("It's just going to be Hawai'i with the killer autogen"... "No, it's not! I have it on good authority that all of the Autogen's gonna look like that"... "You're both wrong! I saw on another Forum someone who knew a friend of the wife of the Janitor that works at MS who overheard something coming out of the Flight office that you have to buy each geographical area to get the Autogen"... etcetera, and so on, and so forth)...This is just an example (and a caricature, to be sure) of the kind of stuff that has been written in every single FS Forum around. Now, based on the above "exchange"...-- What's going to have Autogen? Just Hawai'i? The Whole World?-- Is the Autogen included in the Sim? Do you have to purchase it separately? Where do you purchase it?So what's true? What's false? It looked like a duck in the picture; it walked like a duck in the video... but can (and will) a duck walk and look like a duck in Europe, for example? Since we haven't seen other parts of the World yet, do we know for certain that will actually be the case?The bottom line is that there's too little factual information from the horses' mouth (Microsoft) about what features Flight has to make an accurate statement. But, if you look at what's been posted in these Forums previously, you have people who sound like they are ready to have a nervous breakdown arguing about these issues.That's how excessive speculation, devoid of facts, can become disinformation and in turn, become harmful.So you are correct; let's wait until Flight comes out. If it's not up to expectations, then that is the time to voice comments.Spirited discussion and disagreement is healthy; when it turns into Cowboys and Indians... then it's not fun.AlanEDIT: I'm glad we're having this conversation, BTW. If I'm getting mouthy or overly wordy, just let me know. biggrin.png
I like this part of your post best....LOL.gif You'r doing just fine as long as you agree with me...Clown.gif . seriously, you are intitle to write your idea as you see fit...if you'r getting moulthy or overly wordy I'll let you know..... mallet_s.gif

If Flight comes out early next year I'll be happy because I'll be able to play it soon.If Flight comes out much later I'll still be happy because I'll know MS is doing a good job of it.

One day they'll be correct. Just like a broken clock is correct twice a day.
AH ha !!What if the broken clock is has no hands (because its broke).AH HA SIR! AH HA!and THRICE i SAY SIR! AH HA!and no because its a digital sir!

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

December 2011 or January 2012
Um, that would mean it has been shipped already and advertising released and beta testing completed, none of which has happened.The clocks would still be right twice, but you wouldn't be able to see it! Back to you!

Um, that would mean it has been shipped already and advertising released and beta testing completed, none of which has happened.The clocks would still be right twice, but you wouldn't be able to see it! Back to you!
Indeed, you may be right. Let's hope we live to see :-)

Whatever and whenever, You know for sure that it MUST be commercialy viable (So the rumours are wrong). It will be fantastic, Ground breaking, Unbelievable... And not to everyones taste...

Edited by timholyoake

Between March 22 and June 21 (because those are the days of Spring).

This is reminding me of the way Trekkies reacted to the 2009 Star Trek movie."They changed it now it sucks!"

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.