Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

When do expect to see Flight?

Release Date  

214 members have voted

1. 1. When will Flight release?

Mildly amusing Jason, but not very productive. Mark
Thats your problem . you are looking for productivity on a thread called "When do expect to see Flight?". You have to learn to set your expectations better LOL.gif

There was some information about the MS schedule for Flight last year. In August 2010 Kevin Unangst from MS Games Studios said in an interview that they have an alpha version nearly ready for internal testing but don't expect to have a "public beta" this year too, which meant 2010 of course.The pictures and vids from early 2011 confirmed that the game was already far advanced at this time. That means the (public) beta was probably scheduled for early or mid-2011 and then there was obviously some delay and now it looks like a late 2011 beta-testing. Maybe they wanted to ready Flight for christmas 2011 (like x-plane 10 will be) but didn´t get it right (which would back the unofficially announced november 2011 release dates).Since FS11 planning was "in full swing, which means there will be an FS11" (Phil Taylor, Aces) in June 2010 and considering the educated guess, that they startet Flight-developement on the basis of FSX (wherever they took it during developement), that would have been an ambitious but not unrealistic schedule.Of course projects like that may easily be delayed by a year (like x-plane 10), but since they are apparently already done with the "mission building" and on the "lead up to launching Flight" (September 2011) as well as preparing the beta testing...it most likely isn't a long way to go yet.

Since FS11 planning was "in full swing, which means there will be an FS11" (Phil Taylor, Aces) in June 2010
Oops. Of course it was in June 2008.

Oops. Of course it was in June 2008.
I think Phil meant a 2012 June release.

I think Phil meant a 2012 June release.
Nope, the cited statement about the planning of fs11 was made on his ms blog in June 2008, no prediction at all.

One thing that still bothers me about what Flight will actually be in its final incarnation, is John Venema's comment around Flight not being what we all think and expect it to be. He must have said this, if not with specific knowledge, then at least with some reservation. Somewhat bothersome insight from someone ordinarily quite positive about the MS product.I just don't get MS approach to the marketing this time around. Sketchy, incipid, poor - if indeed the release is soon. I hope the release is the latter part of 2012, which would make alot more sense to what we have seen- or more specifically, haven't seen, to date.

One thing that still bothers me about what Flight will actually be in its final incarnation, is John Venema's comment around Flight not being what we all think and expect it to be.He must have said this, if not with specific knowledge, then at least with some reservation. Somewhat bothersome insight from someone ordinarily quite positive about the MS product.
He later said that he didn't have any more information to base that off of and it was not meant in a negative way, but rather just saying that it is not what people think it will be.

Brandon Filer

He later said that he didn't have any more information to base that off of and it was not meant in a negative way, but rather just saying that it is not what people think it will be.
Which could almost mean anything.

I expect to see Flight when it's done, and not one moment before...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I expect to see Flight when it's done, and not one moment before...
This is deep ... ole deep thinker Worried.gif

And how will he know that, just by looking at the same pics and vid. we are all looking at?

And how will he know that, just by looking at the same pics and vid. we are all looking at?
How do the other people on here that continuously speculate and act like they know everything about it know what it will be? Oh wait, they don't...

Brandon Filer

How do the other people on here that continuously speculate and act like they know everything about it know what it will be? Oh wait, they don't...
Remember, Orbx took their Flight's thread out of their forum because of speculations...You did not answer my question, a statement was made "it is not what people think it will be" don't you have to know what peoples think Flight will be before saying that Flight is not what peoples think it will be? So I'll repeat my question, how will he know that, just by looking at the same pics and vid. we are all looking at?

I'm really not sure what you are asking now. People continuously post what they think Flight will be.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.