Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

What is Prepar3D?

Yup, those developers who also make stuff for real-world training will probably not take kindly to their FSX stuff being used in P3D, so that'd include Flight 1 and Aerosoft for a start. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@comanche, I seem to recall that ENB is DX9 compatable, not DX10.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

JV from orbx has said on their forums

Who said you have to buy all the Orbx addons again? I have already said we intend to provide cross-grade licenses if LM release a suitable pricing model. In the meantime, we will be releasing a lot of demos and freeware which will cost precisely zero dollars

Yup, those developers who also make stuff for real-world training will probably not take kindly to their FSX stuff being used in P3D, so that'd include Flight 1 and Aerosoft for a start. Al
I have a feeling that both Aerosoft and Flight1 would not be willing to alienate the very hand that feeds them as well. I get the impression ORBX recognise the revenue that they gain from sales aimed at the "game" market and are looking to keep those revenues open by offering....hopefully generous....crossgrade pricing. Edit: JV just announced that their crossgrade licenses will be for Academic/Education use whatever the heck that is. More cannon fodder for the conspiracy theorists. Bryan.

What it means Bryan is that it cannot be used for commercial purposes, so they dont have flight companies / full scale sim companies etc buying the much cheaper personal version rather than the commercial license.

What it means Bryan is that it cannot be used for commercial purposes, so they dont have flight companies / full scale sim companies etc buying the much cheaper personal version rather than the commercial license.
Oh I know what it means, I just cant see many flight simmers using Prepar3d for education/academic use......can you? My comments are all a bit tongue in cheek really, I'm just waiting for the 'legal experts' to turn up and give us yet another reason why we can't use Prepar3d. Bryan.

Ah right lol! I need my coffee this morning haha, What ever happens i'll be continuing to use P3D and ORBX (with the academic license) and will enjoy it, just need them to add a working modules folder so can get some things like FSinn working for VATSIM.

Ah right lol! I need my coffee this morning haha, What ever happens i'll be continuing to use P3D and ORBX (with the academic license) and will enjoy it, just need them to add a working modules folder so can get some things like FSinn working for VATSIM.
lol...I have had a couple of cups this morning, it helps. On the subject of Prepar3d have you noticed more effective antialiasing? I'm thinking on the line of certain aircraft that have swimming gauges such as for example the ORBX Lancair or the bevel lines on the PMDG J41. I've found that with FSX I have to load up with such things as sparse grid to get rid of the above problems but with Prepar3d it's a simple matter of just applying standard 8xs using Nvidia Inspector and the problem seems sorted. Bryan.

Yeah I just found that out after I asked for a few tips.

Just got Prepar3d last night: All I can say is that I am greatly impressed. LM has really improved on some features and I quite confident in the overall direction this simulation has. I know the terrain and autogen are more or less the same BUT, the water effects are incredible!I also LOVE to new user interface; it is much more professional and less "kiddy". The new multiplayer is also much better. Very clean and easy to use interface to select an aircaft, select an airport, and get flying! The FPS performance is considerably better and the whole sim runs better and smoother than FSX. Prepar3d also seems to somehow improved the antialiasing.... Not sure if this is true or not. The ground textures are also much crisper than FSX. Important Note - Bojote(******* Altuve) tweaks wore perfectly with Prepar3d. I ran my Prepar3d through his online tweak tool for FSX. So far I have not used any addons yet.... I will have to try them tomorrow. I personally feel that Prepar3d is the next breath of life for the flight simulation community.- This has much greater potential than MS Flight....

I have been following this thread for awhile and I would jump ship if it's worth it. What would I gain if I used pr3d instead of fsx ? Less stutters ? More fps ? Mind you fsx is not bad as it is but I'd do without the occasional crash and stutter for sure. Sorry if this question has already been asked. Thanks Vic

Thanks Simmerhead, Now, I just need to figure out which addons will work on p3d.I have gex usa,eur,afr.most utx progs,pmdg planes,leveld 767, eaglesoft planes,, cera copters, flight1 md80, mustang and many others. Maybe we should compile a list of compatible scenery,planes,utils and stuff ? That'd be neat. Vic

Please have a look at the stickies!dry.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.