Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

What is Prepar3D?

As a bit of a side note we recently got confirmation that Aerosoft will be releasing a P3D version of CorfuX. Free of charge for existing owners. OrbX will be releasing their P3D PNW demo next week - the user guide is already available on the OrbX P3D Forum here. The momentum is building and we're what, a week into this?

Konrad

Ive been using Prepar3d, going on 2 weeks now and Im loving it. Very smooth Frame rates and no crashes so far (Although FSX rairly crashed on me.) I Havent tried all my addons yet, but the ones that work fine so far are, Megascenery, Aerosoft scenery, Fly Tampa, REX OD, UTX, All Carenado Planes, Reality XP 430 GPS, Imagine Sim LGA, Cera Bell 212, A2A Cub, PMDG NGX. Stuff I havent tried yet: FSDT Scenery (have a feeling this wont work), Ultimate Traffic II, GEX, EZDOC (I hope this one works!)Stuff That I cant get to work: ENB mod, ORBX scenery (actually, it works, but you dont see the volumetric Grass). People flow works and buldings show up well. Flight 1 has a free tool to change your FSX registry to another directory, Ive been making good use of it installing stuff in Prepar3d.Tip: Leave FSX alone, when adding scenery, just go to the scenery library in Prepar3d and add new scenery, then point to the directory where FSX has it installed. Your not installing it twice, just telling prepar3d to use it out of the FSX directory. It works weel, Since a lot of scenery has installers that just look to install in FSX and dont give you the option to install in another directory.Rob

The momentum is building and we're what, a week into this?
HelloAnd still no Avsim forum for what is potentially the most exciting development in Flight Simulation today.The Avsim management seem at a loss as to what to do about this non Microsoft simulation.

I think they are just waiting to hear from Lockheed about having a forum about it here. I think Lockheeds stance on prepar3d is a little confusing. People are using it for entertainment purposes, such as myself and feeling like im breaking a law doing so. Im not a developer and dont plan on ever being one. Im using it on my home PC to have fun, practice procedures etc, But im not a flight school, educational institution or any of that. Most people here dont fit into any of those catagories either. Yet on the Prepar3d forum they are welcoming the interest in Prepar3d and are enjoying its growing popularity. So Im a little confused and I would think Asvim would be too. So I think they are just waiting to get clarification on whether or not its ok to have a forum that promotes the personal use of Prepar3d. I hope it happens, I feel like deep throat talking about it!Rob

Perhaps the Avsim management is concerned about having a forum for a commercial flight simulator; especially in view of the fact that John Nicol, of Lockheed Martin, has invited people that have problems or concerns to address them directly at the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d forum. Even though I myself develop freeware for FSX, I am ineligible to buy Prepar3d because I would be breaking the EULA. The bottom line is that I look at all my time spent with flight simulation as entertainment.

Im having visions of an MS SWAT team bursting through my door shouting "FUN IS NOT ALLOWED".
LMAO

First flights with Prepar3D v1.2: It's primitive, just like FSX default, except for one overwhelming difference, it works, and it works well. I dialed everything up to maximum levers to the right and loaded a Constellation at KSEA and did a circuit. Smooth and fast without drama, stutters, slowdown or bugs. As everyone knows, Seattle and FSX are troublesome, in any format, but not so with Prepar3D. This is already a much more stable platform with great potential. First impression: It is going to be a great simulator, far better than it's daddy. I like it. Kind regards,

Orbx just released their PNW demo for Prepar3d.Check it out. Im at work so Ill have to wait till later. Rob

First flights with Prepar3D v1.2: It's primitive, just like FSX default, except for one overwhelming difference, it works, and it works well. I dialed everything up to maximum levers to the right and loaded a Constellation at KSEA and did a circuit. Smooth and fast without drama, stutters, slowdown or bugs. As everyone knows, Seattle and FSX are troublesome, in any format, but not so with Prepar3D. This is already a much more stable platform with great potential. First impression: It is going to be a great simulator, far better than it's daddy. I like it. Kind regards,
Could you try to get some screenshots up? I am seriously considering switching....

I posted some last night in the screenshots forum. Ill probably do more once I get some more addons working with it. Rob

I'm going to do this but I'm waiting to see exactly how quickly developers move to either update their products or develop new products and what that update is going to cost.

NAX669.png

Some of you guys are REALLY making a mountain out of a mole hill with the P3D EULA as far as who can buy or use it. If you pay the $10 a month fee do you think LM is really come to your house and see if you're developing something, or call you frequently to check up on you and see what you've developed so far? Of course not! Why not just buy the license, install it and use it, and keep your trap shut about what you are doing with it. Like Mr. Nicol said, flying sims is enjoyable by default, so why not just leave it at that and buy the license and try it out. Chock, Commanche, and a few others have already done so and haven't been arrested by the EULA Police.It almost sounds like some of you are actually trying to talk yourself out of buying it if your not a "developer". If your so concerned about it, make an Afcad for one of the airports and boom, you just developed something to put your mind at rest.You guys worry more than my 85 year old grandma and she's a worry wart to say the least.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, I intend to at least make some simple sceneries, as I do with FSX, sling them up on a server for download, and that makes me a developer. Not a very impressive one admittedly, but a developer nonetheless. But even if I didn't go to that extent, I could simply tweak a config file value by 1mm and that'd cover it as well. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Some of you guys are REALLY making a mountain out of a mole hill with the P3D EULA as far as who can buy or use it. If you pay the $10 a month fee do you think LM is really come to your house and see if you're developing something, or call you frequently to check up on you and see what you've developed so far? Of course not! Why not just buy the license, install it and use it, and keep your trap shut about what you are doing with it. Like Mr. Nicol said, flying sims is enjoyable by default, so why not just leave it at that and buy the license and try it out. Chock, Commanche, and a few others have already done so and haven't been arrested by the EULA Police.It almost sounds like some of you are actually trying to talk yourself out of buying it if your not a "developer". If your so concerned about it, make an Afcad for one of the airports and boom, you just developed something to put your mind at rest.You guys worry more than my 85 year old grandma and she's a worry wart to say the least.
I was thinking about the same thing you just said after reading this whole thread.I like to tinker with FSX anyway by tweaking AFCADs, making custom AI traffic and placing objects, so I think that would qualify me as a developer. Plus I would use P3D as a training tool which I find entertaining, which again would qualify me if/when I buy the $10 license.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator