Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

What is Prepar3D?

From Allensworth: "With the announcement of MS Flight today, we are opening this forum for members to share information, provide assistance and share their thoughts on the new FLIGHT entre' to the community. Welcome aboard!" Please, all this discussion regarding prepar3d in this forum is out of place.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I think you have been standing on your head for too long !! Yawn.gif
Don't be silly !! He's just flying upside down !!! LOL.gif

From Allensworth: "With the announcement of MS Flight today, we are opening this forum for members to share information, provide assistance and share their thoughts on the new FLIGHT entre' to the community. Welcome aboard!" Please, all this discussion regarding prepar3d in this forum is out of place.
Well, since there's currently no "place" for Prepar3D discussion on AVSim, what are we supposed to do? Ignore its existence until Allensworth determines it's worth a new forum of its own? Very well, then. There is no such thing as Prepar3D. Prepar3D doesn't exist. Now, let's get back to talking about Microsoft Hawaii...I mean Flight.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Well, since there's currently no "place" for Prepar3D discussion on AVSim, what are we supposed to do? Ignore its existence until Allensworth determines it's worth a new forum of its own? Very well, then. There is no such thing as Prepar3D. Prepar3D doesn't exist. Now, let's get back to talking about Microsoft Hawaii...I mean Flight.
John from Orbx should post here and write "To whom it may concern" about what should be done about that...will that work.....He%20He.gif ....just kidding...Clown.gif

John from Orbx should post here and write "To whom it may concern" about what should be done about that...will that work.....He%20He.gif .
Last I checked, John from Orbx had left the building.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Don't be silly !! He's just flying upside down !!! LOL.gif
LOL :(

John from Orbx has his own Prepar3D forum at FTX Community and Support Forums. For that matter FSDeveloper also has a Prepar3D forum, but they no longer have a Flight forum (they tried it but they couldn't stand the speculation). Seems only logical that you would have a forum for an existing flight simulator as opposed to a future (maybe) one!

The problem with Prepar3D for us normal folks is the price. As I understand it Lockheed is working on a DRM system that will prevent using FSX addons in Prepar3D if there is a Prepar3D alternative. More info here: http://www.prepar3d....viewtopic&t=115
Any pre-existing products are not effected at all, its only new products that specifically ask for the DRM to be implemented that will be locked down.

Cheers, Andy.

The problem with Prepar3D for us normal folks is the price.
It is not intended for "normal folks". It's intended for commercial use, and *can* be used privately if you want to pay.You're all talking as if P3D is for anything else than commercial. And as if LM is owing us something. They bought it, paid for it quite a lot I guess, they can do with it what they desire (inside of the contract they made with Microsoft), and not what *you* wish they would do - and that is make a FS11.

You're all talking as if P3D is for anything else than commercial.
P3D is for professional use first and foremost. We would be the commercial side of it if it catches on - something LM does not seem to have any issue with at all.

Konrad

Hi, There appears to be some confusion about Prepar3D that I would like to address. I have posted a message here that may be of use: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347769-prepar3d/page__view__findpost__p__2115805 Yes, it is for normal folks as long as it isn't being intended for use as a game. It is all about end-use. Anyone can purchase it. No hidden agendas here. Please also review the price points and descriptions of the products in the store as well as look at the Developer Network description here: http://www.prepar3d.com/partners-overview/developer-network-program/ I really encourage people that have questions to go to the Prepar3D site and ask questions. Thanks! smile.png Regards,John NicolPrepar3D

Hi, There appears to be some confusion about Prepar3D that I would like to address. I have posted a message here that may be of use: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2115805 Yes, it is for normal folks as long as it isn't being intended for use as a game. It is all about end-use. Anyone can purchase it. No hidden agendas here. Please also review the price points and descriptions of the products in the store as well as look at the Developer Network description here: http://www.prepar3d....etwork-program/ I really encourage people that have questions to go to the Prepar3D site and ask questions. Thanks! smile.png Regards,John NicolPrepar3D
There goes the need for a Prepar3D section or thread or.....

Yes, it is for normal folks as long as it isn't being intended for use as a game.
Fine line that, between a game and a hobby, or between a game and a simulator. Perhaps that is where some of the confusion is coming from?

Konrad

There goes the need for a Prepar3D section or thread or.....
I think you are correct! Perhaps it would be a disservice to host a commercial simulator forum at a hobbyist site.