Sign in to follow this  
rocketfs

Service Pack better be good

PMDG announced a service pack to be ready by the 23th of september (I know, they didn't say which year).Since I have 80% of all my flights quickly ended in a CTD, that SP should fix it or I will ask my money back.It's wonerfully made but also the most unstable program I've ever used. Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal. Bert Van Bulck, a quite unhappy customer.

Well to be honest i guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, I'd say try not to be so hasty, Im confident that they will pull through.. everything technical has it's glitches, So i'm sure it will all be grand very soon .

PMDG announced a service pack to be ready by the 23th of september (I know, they didn't say which year).Since I have 80% of all my flights quickly ended in a CTD, that SP should fix it or I will ask my money back.It's wonerfully made but also the most unstable program I've ever used. Sad thing is that I payed hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the Chief Captain manuals. After installing the NGX I saw that the majority of the info is included with the software. I know PMDG never officialy told what would be included and what not, but they never corrected people on this forum saying that it would be minimal. Bert Van Bulck, a quite unhappy customer.
I'm confused, Bert. Are you unhappy because you decided to spend hundreds on printed manuals, or because of the CTDs? My CTDs were fixed between the hotfixes and my pulling the autogen sliders back a tad and using 1024 textures for clouds instead of 4096 res. As for the hundreds spent on the manuals, that's laughable. I remember specifically being told in the General PMDG Forum that the manuals would be included in the release. Besides, you bought the printed manuals before the NGX's release!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Did you try reinstalling? Just a shot in the dark. Latest hotfix runs pretty much ok here besides the sometimes atrocious lag and the yaw dampeners not coming online for some reason.. I'm hopeful for SP1. And I cannot await for 777!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

have you tried the UIAutomationCore.dll fix ?maybe it helps ... I never had a CTD anymore after I applied the fix But I think I read it a few times from the pmdg guys that most of the printed manual will be included with the release of the ngx as pdf ... and you may ask but you wont get your money back ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

You're right about the manuals. I assumed that you would get something that wasn't included with the NGX software. I'm glad I held off buying the books, because now I just read the PDFs on my iPad. As far as the bugs, I don't think it's PMDG's fault. Like I've said on here before, many people have been skipping along oblivious to the fact that their systems and FSX installations are sub-par. What the NGX did that previous addons did not was expose these weaknesses. I suspect that computers meeting the minimum specs could fly the NGX flawlessly if it weren't for the fact that these same machines have FSX installations riddled with problems. I for one am perfectly content with the release date version of the NGX. I had no problems whatsoever. I recently reinstalled the NGX with the new installer, but not because I was having issues. I did it just to be sure I could layer on SP1 without any issues.

fairly sure that downloaded software cannot be refunded. Also I run the NGX fine (in FSX default scenery) with a 2.4GHz core2duo, 2MB RAM and an old 1GB nVidia graphics card. I run that on XP 32bit. The release version was fine, the first hotfix was fine and the second hotfix was fine. It must be your system. I hope that you do get the NGX to work either will SP1 or with other future updates, but dont hold your breath for the refund.

Bert- Sorry to hear you have had problems. I'm extremely certain that the problem afflicting you has been resolved. I recognize that it is incredibly frustrating for you- but there is no need to threaten or yell- **we** are as interested in eliminating the problem as you are- after all our reputation stands on our work.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

PMDG announced a service pack to be ready by the 23th of september (I know, they didn't say which year).
That would be September 23rd 2012. After the release of the PMDG 777. laugh.pngwink.png Just kidding it actually should be tomorrow, BUT! The Date is subject to Change if they need more time.

As far as the bugs, I don't think it's PMDG's fault. Like I've said on here before, many people have been skipping along oblivious to the fact that their systems and FSX installations are sub-par. What the NGX did that previous addons did not was expose these weaknesses. I suspect that computers meeting the minimum specs could fly the NGX flawlessly if it weren't for the fact that these same machines have FSX installations riddled with problems.
Hmm, this one reminds me on the very beginning of flight simming with Microsoft's Flight Simulator. If you were able to run it on your PC you could conclude that
  1. the PC was really IBM AT compatible
  2. it wasn't misconfigured at all.

Now it seems to be quite similar with the package FSX+NGX. Regards,Axel EDIT: This is NOT intended to downplay the problems of those who are fighting with CTDs, freezes etc. I'm searching myself for the optimal settings ensuring me not getting an OOM in the vicinity of some busy airports (like EHAM, obviously for me a challenging test case).

Regards,
Axel

Hey Capt. Robert, while you are monitoring this thread, how about a short update on what's on final? Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

LOL i cant agree with anything here... Im flying the 737 daily and even with Las Vegas, Photoscenery and many add-ons like REX HD etc.. i never had a crash. Until now i never had a single crash! May just luck or simply a much better setup than anyone else.

I have had ZERO Crashes with the NGX. It is your set up, not the NGX

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hey Capt. Robert, while you are monitoring this thread, how about a short update on what's on final? Ray
Ray, I think that the reality is that today on finals, "you are cleared for the option" Praying.gif