Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

23SEP11 Update: SP1, Hotfixes and the 6700

Please anyone correct me or quote me, I'm only human and just curious but as the SP1 seems to have the 600/700 is this going to be free? Please don't jump at me guys, its only a question and I'm pretty sure that some others are thinking but not saying. Cheers and great to hear the update.

i hope GA issue fixed. Also hope it has multicrew. CMON!
I second that one. I'm not sure if it really isn't in there, or whether I have skipped over it or something. Reading this, though, it seems like it's actually not there... Anyway, greta to hear we are so close to the 600/700. been looking forward to that one for some time. Jay: the SP1 and 6700 are two separate packages. The SP1 is a free update, the 6700 is a pay ware expansion pack.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Jay: the SP1 and 6700 are two separate packages. The SP1 is a free update, the 6700 is a pay ware expansion pack.
Brilliant, thanks for clearing that up for me Benjamin.

Please anyone correct me or quote me, I'm only human and just curious but as the SP1 seems to have the 600/700 is this going to be free? Please don't jump at me guys, its only a question and I'm pretty sure that some others are thinking but not saying. Cheers and great to hear the update.
No, unless I`m mistaken all it does is add compatibility to the 600/700 add on and files. They share lots of common features like the CDU and the way it controls the FS Features and key parts of the 737 NGX experience. You still have to purchase it if you want that 600/700 addition to your 737 NGX. EDIT: (This was a separate message but the system keeps tacking it on to the other reply above) Thanks to all at PMDG, this seems a very fair offer to meet people half way. Give them what they need for now to start the ball rolling then more functionality to come when its ready for release. ~Just IMHO and only as I see it affects my usage. Steve

Right On RS: Thanx for the well written info. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we look forward to doing business with you again. Waiting in anticipation.

As much as i appriciate all of PMDG's hard work im worried about the new features such as visual model modification to adjust performance. the NGX is complex enough, what if these new features give people trouble when they were not having trouble before hence the need more hotfixes and more waiting

Yeah, I had the same thought. Idk how I feel about the performance tuning applet. Sounds like a huge headache just waiting to happen.

As much as i appriciate all of PMDG's hard work im worried about the new features such as visual model modification to adjust performance. the NGX is complex enough, what if these new features give people trouble when they were not having trouble before hence the need more hotfixes and more waiting
Yeah, I had the same thought. Idk how I feel about the performance tuning applet. Sounds like a huge headache just waiting to happen.
It's impressive how people like to complain without a reason.Rolling%20Eyes.gifHow can you possibly know that these is gonna cause any trouble at all?

SDK should be out soon?? Bird feels crippled now.
Also most interested in the SDK to be able to use my MCP/CDU at last :)

One of the features that we are working that isn't yet complete is an applet that will allow users to tune up-or-down the visual detail level with the click of a button. We feel that this will give you greater flexibility to run the simulation the way that best matches your hardware- and it prevents us from having to pigeon-hole everyone into one level of visual detail. (Ryan has been pushing hard to make this happen for you guys- so please help me in blaming him for the extra work. Whistle.gif )
Absolutely briliant idea and in itself, worth waiting for.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Iberê CruzIt's impressive how people like to complain without a reason.Rolling%20Eyes.gifHow can you possibly know that these is gonna cause any trouble at all? Well when something is not broke dont try to fix it, ever hear that expression buddy

I know Ryan said PMDG was looking into a shared cockpit feature but is there any word if that has been called off or is still being looked into or is being developed now?
Cool, Saturday 3:15PM AEST! tongue.png Any news on the SDK?
Both of those things will come in SP2 (or whatever we end up calling it now) - we'd originally planned on doing them for SP1 but the fixes for stuff had to take precedence for SP1.
Robert, Thank you. Could you tell us more about the new virtual cockpit models when you get a chance? Ed
He didn't mean they're "new" in the sense of looking different, they just have fixes to various issues that were found between release and now.
Thanks for this. I don't think you're working on adding the missing 2D pedestal, which is ultra-annoying not having? This and the "jumping mouse cursor" while programming the FMC made me park the NGX from day one and fly the "other model", hope i can fly this one again. The idea of detail selection also seems real nice, if we're able to completely get rid of the 3D interiors in the outside views would make the plane just perfect, as the temporary skeleton view would be gone for sure when switching from IN to OUT view :)
2D throttle panel - probably not, sorry. It's a significant amount of extra work to make animated throttles in 2D and we think the time is better spent on other things. Flashing cursor is an FSX thing - I do not see that myself with the NGX, but I have seen it with other aircraft non-PMDG. Nothing we can do about it, it's not a code issue.
The 600/700 is not free - SP1 is. SP1 is required to use the 600/700 though.
Hi All, Where can i find the installed SW version?
Aircraft.cfg file in each variant folder - build 2292 is the latest.
Relax guys - this isn't something inside the airplane, it's an external app that switches texture size. (ie 4096 vs 2048 vs 1024) It's direct swapping out of texture and model files, not some complicated thing in real time inside the sim...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com