Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Latest Progress of the NGX Repaints by McPhat

It is a very good competiton. In the picture with their livery they use ENB Mod, in the Stock Livery they don't use it. That's a good example how you can treat your (potential) customers. Fool them before they have bought something...Maybe their repaint's are worth it on the MD11 but I don't think they are in the 737. For an example, how often do you find yourself looking that close to some parts of the plane? Where do you stay more in flight? In the passenger cabin watching your expensive engine texures or in the cockpit flying that baby?

The McPhat paint is very good...but the comparison makes me appreciate the stock paint even more, I confess. It's quite good as well.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I totally agree, the original MD11 and 747 paints are really poor with bad quality and they are worth to be updated by McPhat, but NGX stock paints are looking quite good and don't need to be in UHDT. I'm excited about the next OOM's with this liveries.

It looks great but I just don't buy their liveries. They package them so to get the 2 or 3 I want I have to buy $40 in packages; which for 2 or 3 liveries is outrageous. Somebody in their forum brought up the idea of building your own package or price per livery but I think it was rejected.

Sean Green

They package them so to get the 2 or 3 I want I have to buy $40 in packages; which for 2 or 3 liveries is outrageous.
Another good point Sean.

Looks nice but this would only make my OOM's more apparent hehe... I'll be passing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Even if they did use the ENB Mod in the Mcphat picture if you can't see the huge difference in detail you must be blind! For those of you that fly for American Airlines the Livery is Free! AA doesn't allow anyone to profit by using their liveries so that is why developers either do not include it or give it away free if they do. Can use the Mcphat for Videos and PMDG for performance when landing at Intense Scenery Airports. I don't see a huge impact on FPS when using the PMDG MD-11 liveries vs the McPhat American Airlines. 3-5fps? But the Mcphat MD-11 sure looks a hell of a lot better.

Looks nice but this would only make my OOM's more apparent hehe... I'll be passing.
I noticed your tag line with your system specs and that is the perfect rig for FSX. Why would you be having OOMs with that setup if you have 8 gig of system memory? I haven't had an OOM since upgrading from 4 gig and 32-bit Vista to 8 gig and 64-bit Vista.

Even if they did use the ENB Mod in the Mcphat picture if you can't see the huge difference in detail you must be blind! For those of you that fly for American Airlines the Livery is Free! AA doesn't allow anyone to profit by using their liveries so that is why developers either do not include it or give it away free if they do. Can use the Mcphat for Videos and PMDG for performance when landing at Intense Scenery Airports. I don't see a huge impact on FPS when using the PMDG MD-11 liveries vs the McPhat American Airlines. 3-5fps? But the Mcphat MD-11 sure looks a hell of a lot better.
Of course I see the diffrence, but when a company trys to fool me before I have spent a doller there, I won't leave there a penny.Maybe it is only me, but I don't think that is the right way to handel (potential) customers.

OOM's ????? How do you manage that with your specs?

T

Even if they did use the ENB Mod in the Mcphat picture if you can't see the huge difference in detail you must be blind!
The difference in visual appeal is not slight (surprisingly). I will consider buying these for sure. Would there be a "package" deal for all NGX variants?

First off, OOM's don't occur because of physical memory... they've got nothing to do with it. How do I manage hehe? Well I like to run unusually high settings (custom LOD edit of 6.5), max autogen, and with addons such as this, in addition to Orbx sceneries, the Virtual Address Space gets overwhelmed at times. A lot of people never get them because they run what I'd call "lower" settings than I do. The custom LOD and high AG settings, especially in Orbx (which is where I get 99% of my OOM's), can easily oversaturate the VAS, which = OOM.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They should not be any more frequent since the NGX already has the same base 4096x4096 textures and bump maps, McPhat is just using the bump, specular, ect to the fullest potential

Very nice

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.