Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Skeleton graphic tail section for a few seconds..

I defragged and now I don't get the tail 'skeleton' anymore.I think the main reason why this surfaced again,was the fact that we all downloaded the textures again,and the defragger put them inthe right place again.I tested with the 737-600 SAS livery and worked for me.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Stuart,I will get Fly UK repaint now and do a test.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I defragged and now I don't get the tail 'skeleton' anymore.I think the main reason why this surfaced again,was the fact that we all downloaded the textures again,and the defragger put them inthe right place again.I tested with the 737-600 SAS livery and worked for me.
Mmm, sorry Jude, I'm not convinced. I defrag twice a week. Defragging a hard drive will of course make it more efficient, but there's no way that it could make a difference of several seconds with the loading of textures. I do have one theory, and that is, perhaps, although it has been suggested that it's not necessary to uninstall and do a clean reinstall, I'm thinking that perhaps, it is indeed necessary to uninstall everything, including liveries and do a completely new install, just throwing a few thoughts about here. I'll try it later...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Stuart,I will get Fly UK repaint now and do a test.
I could not find Fly UK but I did D/L British airways.Views were OK.Switching External to VC was a 1 second pause/redraw.Esc key to exit (I never do this. I quit FSX and start another session) brought up a selection screen .. if I continue the next screen is ok.I did screenshots.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Scott my friend, with respect, this has already been mentioned. The problem is not whether sliders are too far to the right, but the fact that this texture loading, has become far worse following SP1 than prior to it's release. I feel sad that if it cannot be corrected, personally, I will have no other choice than to return to the original NGX release and not use SP1, which I'm sure we can all agree, would not only be rediculous but also ironic.
sorry Howard I was responding to post #43 (Stuart). I noticed his video card ram was only 512 and thought that low slider levels might have provided a clue. With regards to this tail section "bug", does it stop you from flying? If not why worry about it? It might just magically be fixed in an upcoming SP. Meanwhile, life is good.

hey guys, thanks for the replys, yeah my video card isnt as up to date as i would like, but prior to sp1 i never had the skeleton plane at all, its only since installing SP1 that ive had problems. the fly UK livery is only available for pilots of Fly UK va (see sig) my other livery test was with the BA repaint and it loads fine. bangx.pngbut i do still get skeleton plane although it fixes itself, on the fly uk livery it doesnt.Im planning to test it out again for worldflight later today so im hoping that i can get you all another screenshot of skeleton in the air.

right, here comes the big test! apologies for the large amount of screenies but they describe what is happening better than i can!first of all i started with the high res textures from the performance manager.loaded up 100% oktest1.pngprior to push backtest2.pngafter pushbacktest3.pngafter takeofftest4.pngi also noticed that some of the lights on the MCP weren't working properly, they would light up initially but then disapeared this seemed to fix itself after turning the textures downtest5.pngthe next set of screenshots are with the performance manager turned down as you can see i get skeleton plane and it doesnt fix itself (see vid)test1A.pngafter takeofftest2A.pnghere is a vid of what i see from the chair, i dont have fraps so its taken from my mobile but you can still see the jist of thingshttp://youtu.be/QXtNu7PNrP0

We've known about this since alpha - it's a byproduct of the texture resolution and the speed of the video card's RAM. When you go back to the VC, it eventually clears the external textures from the cache - then next time you go back to spot view it has to load them again. Nothing we can do about it, the FSX engine was never designed to load textures this large onto models - their limit by default is 1024 and these are 4096. The thought there'd be a new sim out long before anyone tried to use textures this huge.
Hello Ryan,I noticed too about that :- it's a byproduct of the texture resolution and the speed of the video card's RAM. When you go back to the VC, it eventually clears the external textures from the cache -I also noticed that this does not happen all the time and/or everywhere. EX : personnally at KPDX/ORBX scenery I have not this problem, on the other hand at LFPO/Aerosoft I have it even if I lower the scenery density and Gen lower.+-6seconds to load the plane textures ! I did not that before SP1.I'm not an expert on textures ... May be I'm wrong, but would not it be easier for everybody to have the choice between 1024 and 4096 textures ?By the way I tested the Queen with same scenery and no issue with it.Thank you in advanceBest Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Well done Stuart, you have done us proud! It fairly well shows the problems many of us are sharing to some degree or other. I admit, I myself don't have the problem to the degree of yourself, but nevertheless, as already metioned, like others, there is this definite lag of texture loading. I had a flight last night when the textures took so long to load iIthought I'd have to reboot. I wait with baited breath to see if Ryan or Robert can shed some light on this...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Mmm, sorry Jude, I'm not convinced. I defrag twice a week. Defragging a hard drive will of course make it more efficient, but there's no way that it could make a difference of several seconds with the loading of textures. I do have one theory, and that is, perhaps, although it has been suggested that it's not necessary to uninstall and do a clean reinstall, I'm thinking that perhaps, it is indeed necessary to uninstall everything, including liveries and do a completely new install, just throwing a few thoughts about here. I'll try it later...
Sorry, Howard, my fault, I had tested on the ground, and no issues.On the other hand, in flight,I had the skeleton for perhaps .3 of .sec.for the SAS 737-700.The TUI (737-800) on the other hand never gave me the skeleton.before or after the defrag,so it seems that 600/700 are affected more

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I might be wrong but it looks like these are two different issues. Stuart, are you saying that your texture problems are limited to one particular livery? If so, then the cause is quite clear. With regards to the the original tail section skeleton issue, I have been flying since day one and have not seen this problem to the extent I see it now after SP1. It is not a show stopper and it only lasts a fraction of a second on my system (Howard our systems are very similar so something else is at play here with your configuration perhaps). In any case, hopefully it is a minor NGX coding issue which can be fixed relatively easily. After all, it is pretty clear that many people have experienced (or it became more apparent) after SP1.Pretty confident that PMDG will fix this because it really is an ugly sight and taints the stellar and incredible product. PMDG did not put so much effort into the NGX to let this go. Just my $0.02. Life is good!!

I think his problem with the UK Livery is it was made pre-SP1 and is not compatible. They did make some changes to the aircraft liveries and anything that was made Pre-SP1 can have some issues. That is why they asked you to redownload any liveries you have from PMDG. If you got them from AVSIM then the people that made them probably need to release new ones.As for the skeleton the weird thing is I have a low end system Q6600 overclocked at 3 ghz, 8 ghz system memory, 8800gtx with 768 meg vram. I never get the skelton on the ground ever! Only happens in the air and only for a second or two. Im using nhancer and the enb series mod.Oh and one other thing I figured out today. If any of you have a brief pause and freeze that is more noticable in SP1 than pre SP1 its FSUIPC Autosave. This can be a real pain if you have it turned on and set to default cause it will save every 60 seconds. Since the textures seem to take a lot longer to load so does the autosave. (about 3 to 5 seconds) I have mine set to save 2 times an hour. Every 1800 seconds and to keep 2 copies max. You also will want to turn fsuipc autosave OFF during approach and takeoff. It really sucks when your over the threshhold and ready to flare and all of the sudden autosave kicks in. This might be what some users are talking about freezing over the runway.

Howard our systems are very similar so something else is at play here with your configuration perhaps
Hi Scott, I run with the 737-800 may I ask which version are you finding not too bad? As a matter of info, I have downloaded the latest liveries too.

Howard

I installed a 1024 livrery http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=161643 just to make a try... Better for me, less one second to load.Tested only on ground by now LFPO/Aerosoft Gate S26My "old" config :AMD Athlon 7850 Dual core processor 2.8MhzNvidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB4 GB ramWindows XP Pro SP3 32-bit Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Scott, I run with the 737-800 may I ask which version are you finding not too bad? As a matter of info, I have downloaded the latest liveries too.
I will report back with a more detailed answer when I get back. For now, I can tell you that it happens with the 600/700. BUT, I installed SP1 and then immediately installed the 6700 and do not recall if I ever flew the 800 thereafter. Paul made an excellent point regarding FSUIPC autosave if that is applicable in your case.In my case, I get this "tail redraw" on the 600 and it lasts approximately a half second. But, I am running a ton of stuff. PANC X with AES (airport enhancement) which is a beautifully detailed airport but an absolute killer on CPU cycles at the settings I run it at. Plus, EFB, FSUIPC calibrated axes, ASE/REX with a very high level of cloud rendering (at 1920x1200 with high anti-alias settings), UT2 with traffic at 50%, TrackIR etc. My FPS are down to 10-15 and even with this load, the "tail redraw" is less than a second. It is definitely caching issue and it depends on the sequence of which view combinations (VC, external) you use since it does not happen every time.