Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobP

Skeleton graphic tail section for a few seconds..

Hi everyone,I am enjoying the 600 series and have a small annoying problem. When ever I switch from the VC view to external view the tail section displays the frame, then quickly draws the skin. I did not notice this before SP1. If I jump from the VC view to wing view then to external, the tail section is drawn correctly. This occurs on the 600 and 700 series and to a lesser extent on the 800's. I have uninstalled and re-installed the planes. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.Bob Price

Bob Prince

Have you added HighMemFix=1 to your fsx.cfg?

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

Have you added HighMemFix=1 to your fsx.cfg?
Yes, thank you for the reply.Bob

Bob Prince

Happens to me too but only for half a second. If you have a fast CPU and Video Card you probably won't notice it. But on slower systems it will you will definately notice it. Do not think there is anything you can do about this other than getting a faster Rig.

Paul Deemer

It only happens to me for a second, Nothing to worry about!

Intel i9 10980XE | Asus 1070 8GB (Soon to be replaced by the RTX 3090) | Asus ROG Strix X299-E 2066 | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 (Main Drive) | Samsung 860 QVO SSD 2TB (Storage) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Team Group Xtreem "8 Pack Edition" DDR4 3600 32GB 

I do see this from time to time as well, with the highmemfix switch.I tend to regard it as a minor side effect of PMDG taking the NGX so close to (and sometimes beyond) the limits that FSX imposes.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I see it only after SP1...around denser airports and with UT2 running. Never saw it before SP1. Obviously a bit of a memory issue but I hope SP1 isn't using more memory than pre-SP1...whatever it's not a big deal.

Patrick Houghton

Sig.jpg

I see it only after SP1...around denser airports and with UT2 running. Never saw it before SP1. Obviously a bit of a memory issue but I hope SP1 isn't using more memory than pre-SP1...whatever it's not a big deal.
same here. mostly at complex airports. never had anything go wrong because of it.

Cheers, Scott Ball

Thanks everyone for your replies. It is nice to hear others see the issue, and I also do not see any ill side effects. Hopefully PMDG will be able to address it in a future service pack as it is a new 'undocumented feature' of SP1 for me. :)Bob

Bob Prince

Happens to me too but only for half a second. If you have a fast CPU and Video Card you probably won't notice it. But on slower systems it will you will definately notice it. Do not think there is anything you can do about this other than getting a faster Rig.
Happens to me and i think my rig should handle it (see sig)

Craig Spence

IT Happens to me from time to time for about a half second, then all is well. No biggie considering how hard we are pushing our machines with this thing. I mean I have all my sliders to the right except water and I am running VERY DENSE on the right hand sliders. Not bad I would say.

John Shlofrock

KORD

Intel Xeon X 5460 3.16 GHZ (quad core)

8.00 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX 5600 1.5 GB

HP w2408 24" monitor

Vista Business 64 bit

It's hardware related. Had the same problem on my old computer. Upgraded with a better CPU and graphics card and I don't have the issue anymore.

Kindest regards

Jan R. Storelvmo

First Officer Dash 8-100 | Prepar3D v4.3 | X-plane 11 | DCS World

I always get this on the non WL model... no idea why...

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

started happening to me also with the 800WL, never saw it before SP1.... not a big deal but sorta distracting.cheers-andy crosby

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now