Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Skeleton graphic tail section for a few seconds..

Hi!I can compare it to what was occurring prior to SP1. :) It was not happening.Bob
I agree Bob, well to a degree. My experience was that yes, it was happening prior to SP1, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, it is far, far worse than I ever previously experienced. So, with respect to everyone, I don't believe the debate is whether there is a delay, or it was always there, or it happens with all aircraft, or whatever.. no, the debate IMO is why, if it is in fact the case, that following SP1 the texture loading appears to be far worse, most certainly in my case and so it seems in Bob's experience too. Any others...?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yes I do agree! I also have the exact same problem, mostly with the 600, like everyone else here, and almost never on the WL model (700)There must be, I hope, a way to fix this... since so many of us have the same problem. Its not the end of the world, I know, its not a "huge" but since the B737 is such a niceand wonderful bird in all other aspects, then this "little" bug is Oh so frustrating...Best RegardsCapt.Per A Ståhle

I agree Bob, well to a degree. My experience was that yes, it was happening prior to SP1, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, it is far, far worse than I ever previously experienced. So, with respect to everyone, I don't believe the debate is whether there is a delay, or it was always there, or it happens with all aircraft, or whatever.. no, the debate IMO is why, if it is in fact the case, that following SP1 the texture loading appears to be far worse, most certainly in my case and so it seems in Bob's experience too. Any others...?
Hello,Thank you soooo much... It reflects exactly what I think ;-)I noticed too this noticeable difference (before and after SP1). I thought I had found a solution... but not.Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It happens to me also, a little more so after SP1 and the 600/700. Maybe 1/2 second max.Gotta love the way some insist that "it's definately a bug" though. How do you KNOW? Do have the abaility to view the coding? I'm not saying it's not. I just don't believe WE, the end user can be quite THAT sure.I can get my CPU up to 5ghz on water cooling (although NOT 24hr stable). At which point this so called bug disappears. That strongly 'suggests' to me that's it's simply CPU stress related.

It happens to me also, a little more so after SP1 and the 600/700. Maybe 1/2 second max.Gotta love the way some insist that "it's definately a bug" though. How do you KNOW? Do have the abaility to view the coding? I'm not saying it's not. I just don't believe WE, the end user can be quite THAT sure.I can get my CPU up to 5ghz on water cooling (although NOT 24hr stable). At which point this so called bug disappears. That strongly 'suggests' to me that's it's simply CPU stress related.
I agree Phil, IMO it's not a bug, it's simply a delay in loading textures. Exactly the same when any graphic intensive airport is loaded. The more hi res the aircraft is then the more load on the CPU. I notice it on other aircraft and in particular the Orbx Lancair and the Aerosoft Airbus X, but of course the delay is in no way as long as the NGX sine SP1. There does seem to be some conflicting information from guys regarding loading times when using SSDs, I have heard some say that blurries and texture loading is virtually eradicated and others who say they have only noticed a difference with the loading of FSX itself. So, who knows. I'd be interested in hearing Robert or Ryan's response...EDIT: I must add, after rereading the OP title, that the delay in texture loading for me is the entire plane and not just the tail section.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

HiI tried to change the texture settings with the performance managerand while I changed the two texture settings for the cockpit leaving the instrumentsettings to high the skeleton plane did appeared when I changed views.Changing back all three settings to max it dissapeared.I have a I5 system with 6 gb ramPanosLGKR

Hi!I can compare it to what was occurring prior to SP1. :) It was not happening.Bob
It happened with me with RTM but only on the non WL model. At first I thought it was something to do with the segway lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

HiI tried to change the texture settings with the performance managerand while I changed the two texture settings for the cockpit leaving the instrumentsettings to high the skeleton plane did appeared when I changed views.Changing back all three settings to max it dissapeared.I have a I5 system with 6 gb ramPanosLGKR
Tried your suggestion,didn't work for me,but it is only a minor inconviencence.Defragging also seems to help a bit.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I tried to change the texture settings with the performance managerand while I changed the two texture settings for the cockpit leaving the instrumentsettings to high the skeleton plane did appeared when I changed views.Changing back all three settings to max it dissapeared.
ok, a little update, i cleaned out my computer yesterday and did a clean install of the OS. reinstalled everything and when i loaded up the 800 at EGPH i got the skeleton plane, but instead of loading the airframe around it, it wouldnt go away, tried a takeoff to get away from the scenery and even all the way through climb i could not get the airframe to load!!! i tried loading up the 700 at EGPH (same flight different ac) and it loaded first time with no skeleton so i thought it must be a problem with the 800. i came back to this post and noticed your fix so i thought i would try it! it has seriously helped! i now get the 800 loading, but i still seem to have a problem loading the tail and engine textures, ill keep bashing away at it till i can work a way to make it work on my machine. (lets hope it can be done before worldflight starts!) ofc ill keep you all updated with my results. and thanks for the top tip panosbiliosbg info -cpu - intel 2200 oc 2.5ghzram - 4 giggfx- nvidia 9800GT 512mb

We've known about this since alpha - it's a byproduct of the texture resolution and the speed of the video card's RAM. When you go back to the VC, it eventually clears the external textures from the cache - then next time you go back to spot view it has to load them again. Nothing we can do about it, the FSX engine was never designed to load textures this large onto models - their limit by default is 1024 and these are 4096. The thought there'd be a new sim out long before anyone tried to use textures this huge.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We've known about this since alpha - it's a byproduct of the texture resolution and the speed of the video card's RAM. When you go back to the VC, it eventually clears the external textures from the cache - then next time you go back to spot view it has to load them again. Nothing we can do about it, the FSX engine was never designed to load textures this large onto models - their limit by default is 1024 and these are 4096. The thought there'd be a new sim out long before anyone tried to use textures this huge.
Hi Ryan,Why did this phenomenon appear with SP1 for many of us? Thanks.Bob Price

Bob, you asked the question which I'm sure we all would like to ask! Absolutely. Ryan, I started a flight the other eveninjg and it took more than five seconds to load, in fact it was looking as though the darn thing was never going to load. As has been said, why on earth has this just started since SP1? It appears no one, including myself, was experiencing this prior to SP1, maybe a fraction of a second... but come on, as Stuart mentioned earlier he points out that the textures simply wouldn't load correctly. This can't be right, surely...

Howard

Hey guys been doing a bit of testing.this evening, the screenshot below is after loading the plane starting a flight then pressing esc to get back to the free flight page. ukvngx2.pngThis unfortunitly wouldn't go away, plus when loading my beloved fly UK livery I get this problem ukvngx.pngAs you can see the nose tail and engines never load. I tried out the British airways paint and I got skeleton plane for a few seconds but it went away like I had expected, so far I have not been able to load the fly uk textures since installing.sp1. I would love to hear from Robert if he could shed some light about how/why this is happening and if there is any way I can get my fly UK livery to load. Thanks for all your help so far :)I should probably add that I get the skeleton plane with all aircraft and I understand about how the graphics card clears cache and I'm not 100% sure this is the problem but I know I am experiencing this is not my full problem when it comes to loading ;)

try this experiment... turn ALL sliders to their lowest setting and see what happens.

try this experiment... turn ALL sliders to their lowest setting and see what happens.
Scott my friend, with respect, this has already been mentioned. The problem is not whether sliders are too far to the right, but the fact that this texture loading, has become far worse following SP1 than prior to it's release. I feel sad that if it cannot be corrected, personally, I will have no other choice than to return to the original NGX release and not use SP1, which I'm sure we can all agree, would not only be rediculous but also ironic.

Howard