Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calypso

Tu-154 for FSX is out!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happiest moment in my life has finaly came!!!The dream has come true!!!P. Ståhle

Thanks, John. don´t know whether it´s old but I´ll give it a try.
Hypnotized.gif Released last week, Steffen.
Would it be possible to post some screen shots please?
154fsvc.jpg

Dear Calypso.I am trying to get the Joystick-channel device to work,But when I have given the commands to the right axis/channel/command etc, then I try to press the red button to write my configuration, (like i did in FS9)but the red "R" button doesnt light up, (nothing is saved) seems like that device dont work like it did in FS9...Or is it me doing something wrong? Or?Please help me!Best RegardsPer Ståhle

Looks aewsome but the textures in the VC are sometimes a bit blurred. And I can´t read the language, so It´s pritty hard to use.

This aircraft was a beautiful addition to FS9 but I never flew it. I plan to install this one as well but again, I doubt I will ever fly it. I know this is sacrilege but I wish someone would do a VC and panel in English.

I feel so disappointed in my self. My parents brought me here from Russia and taught me Russian. Now i suck at reading and writing russian. Wow i need to practice to be able to fly this bird.

Dear Calypso.I am trying to get the Joystick-channel device to work,But when I have given the commands to the right axis/channel/command etc, then I try to press the red button to write my configuration, (like i did in FS9)but the red "R" button doesnt light up, (nothing is saved) seems like that device dont work like it did in FS9...Or is it me doing something wrong? Or?Please help me!Best RegardsPer Ståhle
I'm sorry but I am still flying it in FS9. Remember, you have to click the red button with the RIGHT mouse button to activate the save function.

To be honest, the Tu-154 has never been a bad plane. People tend to think that it crashes often because it's a Russian plane, but in reality, it's one of the most used Russian planes. So by number, many Tu-154 planes apparently crash, but keep in mind there are also many of them flying around, so by percentage it's not even that dramatic. Plus, the Tu-154 is a plane from the seventies. Many of them are getting really old, and with the maintenance at some Russian airlines, the planes are just not always kept well enough.

To be honest, the Tu-154 has never been a bad plane. People tend to think that it crashes often because it's a Russian plane, but in reality, it's one of the most used Russian planes. So by number, many Tu-154 planes apparently crash, but keep in mind there are also many of them flying around, so by percentage it's not even that dramatic. Plus, the Tu-154 is a plane from the seventies. Many of them are getting really old, and with the maintenance at some Russian airlines, the planes are just not always kept well enough.
Good post, Benjamin.The stereotype-like thinking towards Russian (or, globally speaking, Eastern) things often gets summarized under the phrase of 'western arrogance', describing a media influenced picture of techology, attitudes and behaviour. This expands to the perception of things and circumstances on all levels, including the ones which describe if a product, by its image, is reliable or not for example.We all know that 'funny' picture of the drunken Russian technician, kicking his equipment to make it work. Well, the difference is if you see this picture as the thing it really is (wrong, stereotype based, across-the-board, even insulting when intended to 'represent' certain cultures) or if you, through constant repeats, eventually cultivate it.So, as much as I would like to read some posts (not only in this thread) as the jokes they surely were intended to be, that 'western arrogance' actually is a thing taking place numerous times a day and not only on low-level comm channels.It also isn't a new thing at all, e. g. coming up with the Internet age, it's just more visible there.'Fun' fact. Since the Space Shuttle left service, the only running service for manned spacecraft is a Russian one and the world depends on it. Also, heavy and large air freight is run with the only planes being capable and robust enough to handle it, since decades.And one also has to realize that some stuff wasn't developed in the glory West, but in another, often underestimated, sometimes even unknown, part of the world. So leaving the mentioned arrogance behind and really thinking globally always is appreciated.And to get a more positive output from my post. I'm really happy that some 'not so common' planes arrive in FSX and therefore can attract a wider audience. Since they even come in for free, the pleasure surely gets expanded. smile.png