Hi Joe,Sorry with my previous post but if you've already ASE on your PC I think you'll be able to have AS2012 from yesterdayBR

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

Hi Marc,well.... I really hope to be able to have it already this week-end.But.. what about the compatibility of the roads with UTX?ThanksJoe.

Hi Joe,If you'd like to use generic road textures from another add-on than AS2012 you can disable such roads in AS2012 texture install options, leaving them alone (as per any other add-on, or default FSX installation).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian,my point is different.I do not like the UTX road textures, I was wondering if the ones coming with AS2012 can eventually substitute them (for examples I know that the free road textures of REX are not compatible with UTX)Joe

Hi Joe,I'm not familiar with that incompatibility issue, but our textures are generic road texture replacements which I assume is done the same way as other graphics add-ons. Perhaps someone who has UTX and AS2012 (soon now!) can provide some feedback on this?

Damian Clark

Having just recently purchased ASE for my FS9 installation, and planning to bypass FSX completely until Flight comes out, is it worth it for me to upgrade to this since you've stated it will be also available for FS9 eventually. Especially during this 40% off upgrade period.Tom

Tom,AS2012 itself is for FSX. There won't be an update to change it over to a different sim compatibility, but rather there will be alternate products designed for each sim. Please stay tuned for future news about that.

Damian Clark

Hi Damian,my point is different.I do not like the UTX road textures, I was wondering if the ones coming with AS2012 can eventually substitute them (for examples I know that the free road textures of REX are not compatible with UTX)Joe
Joe - I have GEX, UTX and AS2012 and I've noticed no incompatibility with UTX and AS2012. Frankly I don't pay too much attention to roads so I can't honestly say one is better or worse but if there had been noticeable issues, I would have seen them.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Is it possible just to use the weather engine? I am not so interested to install tons of textures on my small SSD.Or is there no great advantage from ASE to AS2012 just looking into the weather?

That would be very subjective. IMO there is a huge advantage in weather, but you probably would want to hear from others to get some user perspectives.Of course you don't have to use the integrated graphics, just don't "install" textures.Please note that the HD footprint for our compressed graphics is under 5GB. As long as you aren't creating snapshots and recolor variants, this won't increase measurably.

Damian Clark

Hallo,I got an error message when starting the installation exe ... the file is incorrupt. So installation is not possible. Before installing ASE 2012 I uninstalled ASE evolution.Thanks for your help!Regards Holger!

Holger,I have ASE installed on a network workstation PC.Then I used ActiveSky2012_Install.exe to install it also on the workstation..No problems.Possibly you got a corrupted download file?Why not download a fresh copy and try again?Note:You did have all AS2012 downloaded files in the same folder .. available for installation .. correct?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have a questiion.I have shopped ASE 5 weeks ago, if there exists free Upgrades for the new Version ?Thomas

I'm on the same boat as Thomas. I bought ASE on November 12th. If I remember correctly, Damian did mention about some special discount to those like me who purchased ASE recently. Would definitely like to hear about it, since I think even with the 40% discount, it would feel like paying for the product again (had I waited an additional 4 weeks, I would have gotten AS2012 for just 10 more Euros than what I paid for ASE).Enrique Vaamonde

Enrique Vaamonde

Hi Everyone,If you are having issues with download or installation please contact our support department (http://support.hifitechinc.com) and we can help you out.Enrique, Thomas, please contact us as well. Thanks!

Damian Clark