Hello All,We have implemented some new compression techniques to keep the footprint smaller (and the download smaller!) than the traditional system used by other graphicsscenery add-ons. The uncompressed size is over 16GB (raw imagery) but the typical installation will be under 5GB total HD space, The Download size is about 3gig. When you start using certain features like recoloring, creating new variations, and/or snapshots, the size can really increase.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I had a look at the gallery and it's a torture sad.png please release it .
Please stay alive until release ;-)

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Better hurry , I still have to buy my x-mas gifts, so once I do funds will be tight.

Will it have the ability like ASE does for the user to select their departure and arrival airports and then have AS2012 pick the best textures to load into the sim automatically?Damian, when you say the stutters in the standard depiction mode have been lessened, is the flashing sky also lessened?

Eric 

This looks great. I will definitely be getting this.Can I assume that this completely replaces ASE which I have?I have just re-installed the whole of my PC and I'm still getting around to installing all of my addons. If AS2012 is just around the corner and it replaces ASE then I will hold off on re-installing ASE and install AS2012 instead.Thanks, Martin

Are there any changes in WX Interpolation logic in AS2012? Now it's the only thing that I find sometimes working incorrectly.

Pawel Dragan

Poland, Gdansk

This looks great. I will definitely be getting this.Can I assume that this completely replaces ASE which I have?I have just re-installed the whole of my PC and I'm still getting around to installing all of my addons. If AS2012 is just around the corner and it replaces ASE then I will hold off on re-installing ASE and install AS2012 instead.Thanks, Martin
Hi Martin ,Yes it replace ASE and improved on many area + complete graphics that AS wx engine inject these according to the wx condition.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Will it have the ability like ASE does for the user to select their departure and arrival airports and then have AS2012 pick the best textures to load into the sim automatically?Damian, when you say the stutters in the standard depiction mode have been lessened, is the flashing sky also lessened?
Yes on the first one, sort of on the second. Performance is increased, so total "flashing", in relation to time, is reduced, but the flashes still occur during any standard mode weather write in FSX. This is FSX, not something we have control over. SCT and DWC modes don't exhibit this behavior of course.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Are there any changes in WX Interpolation logic in AS2012? Now it's the only thing that I find sometimes working incorrectly.
There have been dozens of changes and improvements in AS2012 interpolation. Off the top of my head, better handling of missing components related to partial interpolation, better overall performance, better blending of conflicting cloud layers, reduction in cirrus mirror/doubling effects, improved UI validation, improved baro filtering, and improved temperature filtering. I'm missing tons of things here, its been 2 years of work here, you can imagine there are many things related that change every day. Many "bugs" and "annoyances" that we found during AS2012 development has made its way to ASE in service packs either already (or soon to be) released, but the bulk of improvements has been reserved for AS2012. Now, this isn't a complete re-design of our old interpolation logic from ASE, its forward progression and expansion of what we've done before, making it even better. Same goes for many other systems in AS. We hope you'll enjoy it!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Really looking forward to AS2012! I am getting back home for Christmas and hope it will be released soon or later! The pics are really impressive!!

Z. C

Looking great guys, i hope its released soon im of to spend xmas with the inlaws next week and i would love to get my hands on AS2012 before then!

Chris Howard