This is why I love Active Sky, always improving upon things. Would have loved to be on the beta team.

These screenshots are a-b-s-l-o-u-t-e-l-y a-m-a-z-i-n-g...I have been especially shocked with the first one! faint.gifAnd good news is also the planned FS9 compatibility.By the way, Chris Willis (!) - I used your freeware sky enhancements for years. Thank you for them!Your name brings back some nice FS memories. Now I can pay you back with purchasing the product.

These screenshots are a-b-s-l-o-u-t-e-l-y a-m-a-z-i-n-g...I have been especially shocked with the first one! faint.gifAnd good news is also the planned FS9 compatibility.By the way, Chris Willis (!) - I used your freeware sky enhancements for years. Thank you for them!Your name brings back some nice FS memories. Now I can pay you back with purchasing the product.
Amen to that! Chris has done a superb job!!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

And good news is also the planned FS9 compatibility.
Features:
  • FSX-Exclusive IntegrationActive Sky 2012 is designed specifically for FSX.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

FSX-Exclusive Integration Active Sky 2012 is designed specifically for FSX.
Yes we are already working on product variations for XPlane 10, Prepar3D and FS9.

mea culpa!!! I ALWAYS miss the fine print ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks Damian for this great news.

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

Looking very sweet guys, really looking forward to thisApplause.gif

Chris Howard

Will the clouds cause shadows on the ground?

Chris Howard

This is great news but I have one little issue...All these apps seem to be expanding to overlap each other. With all these new features, ActiveSky will no doubt be more expensive than before, when all most of us wants is the weather engine. Is there a chance that we'd be able to buy just the weather engine without all the extra features? I've already paid for REX textures, I'm not interested in buying more. But in the same way I want REX without the weather engine.ActiveSky and REX used to be two totally separate applications, now they do the same thing. I love ActiveSky for what it does best, and REX for what it does best. I just hope that we aren't forced to pay a premium for something we're never going to use. In particular, I just bought ASE a few weeks ago. I'm assuming that even with the upgrade path to AS2012, the new feautures will push the price up to a point where it probably costs the same as ASE just to upgrade. And at the end of the day I just want the updated weather engine, none of these textures and extra features (as good as they look) because I've already paid for others!

Guest firehawk44

I love ASE and have been a proud HiFi supporter since inception of ActiveSky/XPAX but I don't see many improvements to justify another upgrade. Yes, AS2012 will have its own textures but they don't look any different or better from those developed by FEX/REX. The interface looks the same except the menus are now located on the left side instead of across the top. I was disappointed with the "upgrade" from ActiveSky to ActiveSky Evolution as I saw little improvements except for maybe the interface and I will probably be disappointed with this upgrade. But, I do love the fact that any developer is constantly trying to improve his/her products and make them work more efficiently with FSX. If the new textures work better than FEX/GEX and increase FPS, that would be great. I can then uninstall FEX and use AS2012 instead. Wish you the best of success with this new product.Best regards,Jim Young

nice textures, do we have to buy it every year then?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi, thanks for the feedback...Yes of course there is some overlap, and we understand there are plenty of users who are looking for specific things and not an entire broad package. We're working on meeting those demands...In the mean time, ASE is still fully supported, further updates are planned, and for those who want a detailed wx-engine only, it provides the solution.AS2012 has several differences in the graphics and uniqueness that may not at first be apparent. We've provided screenshots on the website and will be adding more which should highlight this a bit more. The graphics are aimed at those who want something high quality, different and totally integrated with Active Sky, that they can use as either their exclusive environment graphics solution or as a companion to their existing library.And yes, work continues day in and day out to further improve things and offer more unique features. Active Sky 2012 represents our effort over the past couple years, but we have much more in store. For now we are excited to be nearing completion and release of AS2012, making it available to those who desire the feature set it offers.

This is great news but I have one little issue...All these apps seem to be expanding to overlap each other. With all these new features, ActiveSky will no doubt be more expensive than before, when all most of us wants is the weather engine. Is there a chance that we'd be able to buy just the weather engine without all the extra features? I've already paid for REX textures, I'm not interested in buying more. But in the same way I want REX without the weather engine.ActiveSky and REX used to be two totally separate applications, now they do the same thing. I love ActiveSky for what it does best, and REX for what it does best. I just hope that we aren't forced to pay a premium for something we're never going to use. In particular, I just bought ASE a few weeks ago. I'm assuming that even with the upgrade path to AS2012, the new feautures will push the price up to a point where it probably costs the same as ASE just to upgrade. And at the end of the day I just want the updated weather engine, none of these textures and extra features (as good as they look) because I've already paid for others!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies