Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

Dude? Really? I fixed that for you within 24 hours. We just didn't change the screenshot on our page. Why would you say something like this?
Well, I can say such things because I didn't know that you fixed it... How do you expect me to know? I never received a response to the email I sent out, and as I don't own the package, I can only judge by looking at product screenshots in your shop. If you don't update those, I won't be able to see if anything has changed. As I said, I don't own the package.That said, I'm truly sorry, I didn't mean to claim something that isn't true... I simply didn't know something was done about it apparently months ago. I will edit the post in question ASAP.I might actually buy that pack now, come to think of it. I didn't buy it because of that tail, but if it's fixed, then the reason not buy it has fallen trhough. I would recommend you update your store's screenshots though.. it's the only way for people to judge your products and it'd be a pity if they misrepresent the product.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

That's okay, no need to apologize. We just make a habit out of fixing things on the fly. We don't gather bug reports and then update once every now and then, but usually do it right away. It saves some 'embarrassment', if you catch my drift.. ;)And yes, that screenshot should be updated really..Anyways, didn't mean to hijack the topic. Let's get back to the EVO. ;)

Looks like a shoe huh.png
That has no sole

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I too prefer to photoreal look of the V1(despite the fact the overhead isn't 3D modeled)... The EVO is just ridiculously basic and bland... Not a single ounce of quality conveyed in this 3D modeling and texturing, seriously. I mean, the year is 2012, not 2002.And when you you realize one buys this thing without ANY refund policy... Ouch.
And let me tell you dude - that hurts when you throw some 44 euros after something like that.. You can just sit back, bite your thumb, and pray for a miracle SP to happen - not likely ;(Mas

Well keep in mind that the panel was reworked and they made completely new, FSX native models. As such, it is a new verison of an old product and can't really be considered an upgrade. Just because it builds on a predecessor doesn't mean it's automatically an update. For what its worth, when we get good, FSX native 737 classic exterior models, you could put Wilco's VC into that exterior. I'm not sure there are any FSX native 737 classic exterior models, though...EDIT: Hold on, there seems to be another 737-300 on the horizon: http://www.enigmasim...p?showtopic=973
They are doing something that PMDG and CS do, and what I am missing with Wilco: they are actively including the public in their forums in the developement process! Such a bomb like 737 Evo would never have happened that way.

Going back to the sounds, I do know that TSS released some new 737-300,400 and 500 model sounds not too long ago, a few weeks perhaps, they were a new version to the ones he had done previously so if you goto the usual places where you can buy them there should be a youtube video that you can watch and listen to and see if they are something that might take your fancy.Regarding this aircraft, I was quite interested in getting it, but after reading peoples comments I am not so sure now.CheersCraig

I think that a redo of a VC from pure 2D to 3D involves some work. So, other than on the Airbus Evolution, which mainly included slight gauge tweaks for a full price, this thing has something to offer over the V1.Not your cup of tea? Don't like the textures? Your year already is 2012? Well, then we are talking about preferences (and broken watches) and I did not expect the optical NGX fidelity on this release. You did? huh.pngAfter some 8 flights, I don't relate the word 'bomb' or something to the plane, but I'm happy to have a 737 Classic now. It wasn't cheap at all, but I think we've already communicated that.I still fail to understand the 'surprising' motion some folks generate for the sake of bashing a dev. Does that show any unknown qualities of the bird itself of just the one of some users? Open question.Anyway, I hope the reports of the folks having already bought the plane helped you to decide about a go or no go. That's what they are for and that's, in my eyes, what forums like Avsim are for.As mentioned, I flew some small island to island routes after my European ones and can't complain about the operation so far. I'm watching the LNAV pretty closely, as I might have caught it doing something wonky once, so I would like to know if my fancy weather addon or myself played a role there.No trouble on the ILS and an easy to operate MCP (and additional key commands via the config tool) to fly old school NDB approaches precisely. The landing attitude looks correct and I also see reasonable V-speeds.I've exchanged the engine sound to a more powerful one and really recommend this step. Lets see what Benjamin says on the freeware from the library. I have some TSS set now, which is great.Wilco already responded to my ticket on the night texture mixup, they've forwarded it to the devs they say. No solution, but a timely answer. So I'm ok and not negatively biased in any way so far.Now lets head to South America, to explore some nice freeware. I'll go for the -400 I think. smile.pnghttp://forum.avsim.n...a-giga-scenery/

The PMDG bar is set really high at the moment, reaaaaaly high.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The PMDG bar is set really high at the moment, reaaaaaly high.
Its amazing how the NGX makes most other other addons look so dated and behind the times.

Matt Wilson

I think that a redo of a VC from pure 2D to 3D involves some work. So, other than on the Airbus Evolution, which mainly included slight gauge tweaks for a full price, this thing has something to offer over the V1.Not your cup of tea? Don't like the textures? Your year already is 2012? Well, then we are talking about preferences (and broken watches) and I did not expect the optical NGX fidelity on this release. You did? huh.png
Me neither, just because I mentioned PMDG in my postings does not mean I expect all aircraft to be like the NGX, this is generalization. I mainly compared the 737 Evo to their own v1! And I honestly think that, beside of some switches now being 3d, in terms of visual quality this is in no way an updated version of v1, but a step back in visual quality! Of course we can wait for McPhat to release a payware livery on that plane, but thats not the point. The point is that this is in no noticeable way a modernized version of the previous 737, and thats what ppl are expecting because the original flight model and systems sim of v. 1 was very good, there wasn't a need for an update. When you try to bring a well programmed sim from 2002 to 2012, your main concern is technology in terms of multimedial features like graphics and sound. Wilco fails in this aspect.

2012 in 17 days and still very UGLY and very basic sorry...Still see some disappointed customers...Still going to say how I feel about it...So for me (very personal taste of course), this is an example of what a VC should like in FSX 16 days before 2012 : clarity, nice textures, 3D analog gauges, and still smooth...

Its amazing how the NGX makes most other other addons look so dated and behind the times.
The thing is, PMDG are NOT the only ones doing good work with 3D modeling and textures... Just look around : A2A, Aerosoft, Sibwings, Carenado, RealAir, Flight 1,...The artwork in the 737 EVO is just flat out very POOR...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Me neither, just because I mentioned PMDG in my postings does not mean I expect all aircraft to be like the NGX, this is generalization. I mainly compared the 737 Evo to their own v1! And I honestly think that, beside of some switches now being 3d, in terms of visual quality this is in no way an updated version of v1, but a step back in visual quality! Of course we can wait for McPhat to release a payware livery on that plane, but thats not the point. The point is that this is in no noticeable way a modernized version of the previous 737, and thats what ppl are expecting because the original flight model and systems sim of v. 1 was very good, there wasn't a need for an update. When you try to bring a well programmed sim from 2002 to 2012, your main concern is technology in terms of multimedial features like graphics and sound. Wilco fails in this aspect.
Seriously, I would wish for all folks being able to state their viewpoints in the way you just did, Soulflight. Perfectly reasonable in my eyes, although, as seen, I differ in the outcome. Thumbs up, Sir!

Going back to the sounds, I do know that TSS released some new 737-300,400 and 500 model sounds not too long ago, a few weeks perhaps, they were a new version to the ones he had done previously so if you goto the usual places where you can buy them there should be a youtube video that you can watch and listen to and see if they are something that might take your fancy.Regarding this aircraft, I was quite interested in getting it, but after reading peoples comments I am not so sure now.CheersCraig
Indeed, I saw they had sounds for that. Judging form the video they sound really good, so I might try them out sometime soon. I'll just wait for Christmas, perhaps they'll have a sale of sorts.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case