Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

ORBX NZSI Released

Downloading... Big%20Grin.gifCan recommend the DVD "Windborn" depicting two gliders flying along the Milford Sound (totally unlandable territory, similar to Bella Coola, Canada.)Cheers,- jahman.
Fiordloand, which is the largest National Park in the country, has in most parts, never been explored. Also Jahman, you reminded me of a DVD called "Shadowlands" where a local heli pilot stuck a camera on the skids and filmed his flying over a 5 year period and edited it to a couple of hours i think,It is quite spectacular. Not sure if it can be purchased online (will need to google) but is certainly worth a look.Edit here is a glimpse of itCan be purchased herehttp://www.fiordlandhelicopters.co.nz/fiordland-cinema

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For those of you who will be flying in this region maybe for the first time, here is some trivia you maybe interested in. Milford Sound which was named by a Welsh explorer who wrongly gave the tiltle "Sound", when in fact Miford is actually a Fijord. A Sound is formed by the ocean, where as a Fijord is formed by retreating glaciers. Most flights to and from Milford are based in Te Anau, 120Km's south of Milford, or Queenstown NZQN. Weather can change very quickly in this area, and can be blue skies, 5 mins later it could be snowing. So plan your flights carefully.And no, New Zealand is not a state of Australia. And we make better Fish n Chips. And we invented the Pavalova desert. We have more sheep than people and we have heard every sheep joke that was ever written.LOL.gif

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The FTX NZ depiction of "Milford Fijord" is fantastic right down to the plume of smoke coming from the small building at the airport.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest jahman
Fiordloand, which is the largest National Park in the country, has in most parts, never been explored. Also Jahman, you reminded me of a DVD called "Shadowlands" where a local heli pilot stuck a camera on the skids and filmed his flying over a 5 year period and edited it to a couple of hours i think,It is quite spectacular. Not sure if it can be purchased online (will need to google) but is certainly worth a look.Edit here is a glimpse of itCan be purchased herehttp://www.fiordland...iordland-cinema

The Windborn DVD has the same shot going over the waterfall (but in a glider) as the preview video you posted at 1:46. That's a great shot!Cheers,- jahman.

The FTX NZ depiction of "Milford Fijord" is fantastic right down to the plume of smoke coming from the small building at the airport.
yes, hats off to them. A masterpiece to be honest.
The Windborn DVD has the same shot going over the waterfall (but in a glider) as the preview video you posted at 1:46. That's a great shot!Cheers,- jahman.
It is a great shot, I could imagine leaving my stomach behind if I was in the chopper, at least in a glider, you have time to take in the views.

I just woke up and began the download. It's a great day!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Received the e-mail in my inbox this morning.Downloading as we speak! :)

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

I've been waiting for this..... As a native of Greymouth ( on the west coast of the South Island,which is very rugged and mountainous) this is a must-have.I'm flying down there in 3 weeks time to see my mother, a long flight in a 772.Bruce (now in the Denver area)

Guest jahman
...It is a great shot, I could imagine leaving my stomach behind if I was in the chopper, at least in a glider, you have time to take in the views.
You would leave your stomach behind if you saw how low the glider was over the lake that feeds the waterfall! :( Any idea where that waterfall is located on Google Maps? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.
Are all 4 seasons included?
There's only one season in NZSI, and that's "when the sheep run scared".Cheers,- jahman.

There's only one season in NZSI, and that's "when the sheep run scared".
LOL.gif

You would leave your stomach behind if you saw how low the glider was over the lake that feeds the waterfall! Big Grin.gif Any idea where that waterfall is located on Google Maps? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.There's only one season in NZSI, and that's "when the sheep run scared".Cheers,- jahman.
Looks like Sutherland Falls near Milford. Which is the largest. having said that, there are 100's and I could be wrong. Durinng heavy rain ( rainfall is around 7 to 9 meters a year, second highest in the world) there are many spectacular waterfalls, and tree avalanches..There is no Sheep in Milford (too scared)LOL.gifLOL.gif Seriously, you won't find farm animals in Fiordland National park, sheep or cattle. The only thing that you can leave in the park is foot prints, and only take out memories.

Guest jahman
Looks like Sutherland Falls near Milford. Which is the largest. having said that, there are 100's and I could be wrong. Durinng heavy rain ( rainfall is around 7 to 9 meters a year, second highest in the world) there are many spectacular waterfalls, and tree avalanches..
No, you're right on, Sutherland Fall's the one! See.
...The only thing that you can leave in the park is foot prints, and only take out memories.
"Sounds" like a place I'd like to visit...Cheers,- jahman.

Are all 4 seasons included?
Yes all four are there!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Having tried the scenery, I can tell you that Orbx has raised the bar again.Here is a video I found on their website

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4